Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should there be junior and senior moderator or just moderator?

Keep as it is: juniors and seniors
42%
Merge the two and just have one rank 'moderator'
38%
I don't mind either way, as long as it is properly organized
21%

Total votes: 48

Mike
Programmer

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 am

Eater wrote:
Tom brady wrote:Keep it the same, I don't want it merged, it's something that makes us unique.
Not sure why I wrote a long post when I could've said this.
Then perhaps we should keep the 'senior mod' rank as something that is only given to moderators who have been with us for a very long time and who truly deserve the recognition. Any other mods would then simply have the 'moderator' rank.
This way, you'd no longer have these two 'teams', just one team of mods (who all have the same responsibilities and powers), a few of which have a red crown to signify their senior status.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:20 am

I'm down with that, mike.

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:07 am

Mike wrote:
Eater wrote:
Tom brady wrote:Keep it the same, I don't want it merged, it's something that makes us unique.
Then perhaps we should keep the 'senior mod' rank as something that is only given to moderators who have been with us for a very long time and who truly deserve the recognition. Any other mods would then simply have the 'moderator' rank.
This way, you'd no longer have these two 'teams', just one team of mods (who all have the same responsibilities and powers), a few of which have a red crown to signify their senior status.
I like how the PvPs have to have a higher judgement, and what signifies us to handle certain cases, along with the help moderators showing their judgement and ability to help others.
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:15 am

I disagree with the unification of the mod status. I believe that we should have a trial mod rank, and then I believe those who are fit to only help and do not show great decision making skills should be left as help moderators. The help moderators, I believe will be automatically promoted to administrators with specific roles in helping the server. Those who have shown great decision making skills that got them promoted to PvP Moderator will be the ones next in line for Head Moderator and Administrator positions dealing with hack refunds, etc.

That's the system I believe that should be put in place, it allows us to sort who we want for what positions. It's more efficient due to its higher level of organization.

It shouldn't be taken as failure v. successful, because a help moderator would still play a big part in the server and will then be promoted to administrator in anything that helps the server. However, they will not have great say in who gets promoted and other decision making things, versus PvP moderators who will be great at leading, at making decisions, at organizing the staff, and then move onto other positions that focus on their skills.

For example, Tom Brady would become the Head Help Moderator and he will deal with that side. Eater would become Head PvP moderator and deal with his side. Tom brady would then be promoted to Administrator of Public Relations or some shit, while Eater would get Promoted to Administrator of appeals or some shit.

P.S. I feel like the current "Junior" and "Senior" title is a little offensive to the Juniors. Makes them feel inferior, and makes the Seniors feel superior to the point where they can get bossy with the Juniors. I recommend reverting back to Help and PvP titles.
Shamelessly Stolen avatar and signature from Djpon3 because attack on titan and oreimo.

Lottery dude
Advisor

Post by Lottery dude » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:07 am

Helpers should be a non-staff Team that is administrated by the Help moderators.

The Help moderators should be reinstated along with PvP Moderators,this was never supposed to change.

Hamade basiclly made the "Trials" because of a mistake made by an administrator,or from what I remember..I was there when he made us all Trials.

The Helper ranks would be a non-required rank by any means of staff. I think that Helper should be thought of as an "Advice Club" of PKhonor,this way we will just simply advise them as a team,but they are free to do as they wish,they wouldn't be bound to any required ::next count or hours time played,but If they lack to help others,then the rank can be easily taken away. In order to retain the rank you need to atleast help people and ensure that every player is helped and sent on a way that they can prosper on the server,not just answer their question and move on.

Help Moderators and PvP Moderators should be reinstalled to maintain a balance of responsability in the Staff team.

Help Moderators would be in responsible of the following:
-Advertisers
-Helpers needing assistance with a question
-Players vs Server Issues (SPammers,Advertisers,DDoSers,Etc.)
-Generally assisting players when the time is needed,or they are moderating the general areas of public veiw (Varrock,::Shops,Edgeville,falador,and most importantly at rock crabs)

PvP Moderators would be in charge of:
-Players fighting over yell,or in public.
-Duel arena Scams
-PvP Scamming or Luring in the wildy
-Other General issues concerning fighting of any kind between two players.
If an Issue occurs with the PvP Moderators and they are involved in the case,then the Administration or Head Moderator would have to be in charge of the case to settle it.

This System isn't new,we've should've been using this one for atleast 2 years.

Questions? I'll be in my trailer. (I will read replies tomorrow)

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 am

Abolish it all. It should go:

Programmers- Mike, Rapsey.
Owner- Maurits
Co-Owner- Im yaya
Maurits jr - Tom Brady
Maurits jr. jr. - Tobias, Patel
Maurits jr. jr. jr.- Zi, Stefan, Rick, Kole.

Then have:

Administrator Love- Keith
Administrator Idgaf- Jacob (haha <3)
Veteran Admin- Moab

Boom, best ranking/staff list system ever, you're welcome.

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:24 am

Kay cee wrote:Helpers should be a non-staff Team that is administrated by the Help moderators.

The Help moderators should be reinstated along with PvP Moderators,this was never supposed to change.

Hamade basiclly made the "Trials" because of a mistake made by an administrator,or from what I remember..I was there when he made us all Trials.

The Helper ranks would be a non-required rank by any means of staff. I think that Helper should be thought of as an "Advice Club" of PKhonor,this way we will just simply advise them as a team,but they are free to do as they wish,they wouldn't be bound to any required ::next count or hours time played,but If they lack to help others,then the rank can be easily taken away. In order to retain the rank you need to atleast help people and ensure that every player is helped and sent on a way that they can prosper on the server,not just answer their question and move on.

Help Moderators and PvP Moderators should be reinstalled to maintain a balance of responsability in the Staff team.

Help Moderators would be in responsible of the following:
-Advertisers
-Helpers needing assistance with a question
-Players vs Server Issues (SPammers,Advertisers,DDoSers,Etc.)
-Generally assisting players when the time is needed,or they are moderating the general areas of public veiw (Varrock,::Shops,Edgeville,falador,and most importantly at rock crabs)

PvP Moderators would be in charge of:
-Players fighting over yell,or in public.
-Duel arena Scams
-PvP Scamming or Luring in the wildy
-Other General issues concerning fighting of any kind between two players.
If an Issue occurs with the PvP Moderators and they are involved in the case,then the Administration or Head Moderator would have to be in charge of the case to settle it.

This System isn't new,we've should've been using this one for atleast 2 years.

Questions? I'll be in my trailer. (I will read replies tomorrow)
Similar to what I said, and BTW A.I. In your signature is offensive to us americans. It's disgusting that an administrator has such a racial slur in his signature.
Shamelessly Stolen avatar and signature from Djpon3 because attack on titan and oreimo.

Stefan
Advisor

Post by Stefan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Mike wrote:
Eater wrote:
As a person who loves equality, I say yes to this - I do however, have a question, would this only belong to those staff who've been constantly for an x amount of time on the staff team?(Example of this would be Eater, who's never had any faults) or would this be fit for staff who might have come and gone over the years?(Those without a clean record, but fantastic staff, like Tom Brady and Pure Rick).

Maurits
Honor Player

Post by Maurits » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:13 pm

Mike wrote:Then perhaps we should keep the 'senior mod' rank as something that is only given to moderators who have been with us for a very long time and who truly deserve the recognition. Any other mods would then simply have the 'moderator' rank.
Slashy wrote:As a person who loves equality, I say yes to this - I do however, have a question, would this only belong to those staff who've been constantly for an x amount of time on the staff team?(Example of this would be Eater, who's never had any faults) or would this be fit for staff who might have come and gone over the years?(Those without a clean record, but fantastic staff, like Tom Brady and Pure Rick).
It should only be staffmembers that have been moderator for a long constant time, so not resignation/demotion in between.
Aslong as the Senior moderators don't think they're more and do less, I'm fine with it.

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Maurits wrote:
Mike wrote:Then perhaps we should keep the 'senior mod' rank as something that is only given to moderators who have been with us for a very long time and who truly deserve the recognition. Any other mods would then simply have the 'moderator' rank.
Slashy wrote:As a person who loves equality, I say yes to this - I do however, have a question, would this only belong to those staff who've been constantly for an x amount of time on the staff team?(Example of this would be Eater, who's never had any faults) or would this be fit for staff who might have come and gone over the years?(Those without a clean record, but fantastic staff, like Tom Brady and Pure Rick).
It should only be staffmembers that have been moderator for a long constant time, so not resignation/demotion in between.
Aslong as the Senior moderators don't think they're more and do less, I'm fine with it.
They will.