Punishment and Appeal Guidelines.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Flying canoe
Premium Donator

Re: Punishment and Appeal Guidelines.

Post by Flying canoe » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:50 pm

Fungamer wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:27 pm
Empty wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:51 pm

What it goes to "Real world trader's history matters" is just fucking bullshit and should not even be a quotation in this whole post but apparently it's unclear for some of yall, OFCOURSE if they've rwted in the past they will do it again, and to prevent that KEEP THEM BANNED. they can have a second chance if they want to use VPN and start fresh on a new account sure, do it for all i care but don't let them keep their progress LMFAO..

Just wanted to add on to this:

Would you have said this exact thing before the recent wave of resignations? There have been plenty of people who had a bad past but turned out to be valued members of the community. Some even became mods and one even became a dev. Let's sum some up.

Nazuths, your best friend, has gotten banned in the past for botting alongside having racked up some mutes and what not. Since then he became a mod, got promoted, became a dev & stepped down from his role as a mod. Should he not be forgiven? Should he not be a developer? Surely a vile botter should not be trusted with a single semicolon present in the PKH codebase. O wait.

Arrsenic scammed, hacked and attempted to RWT before he became a mod. Why are you not calling for his demotion, ban or reset if RWT is so bad and guaranteed to repeat? He sure did try to RWT.

Jayden was IP-banned for mass botting and had an RWT related incident IIRC and he is now a very respected senior mod. Should he not be forgiven & be forced to resign/get demoted because of his past offenses?

And finally, you've made very bold statement for someone with a history such as yourself. Are you going to break the rules again like you did in the past? Arguably sending an ipgrabber to a player is a worse offense than just swapping some pkhgp for osgp. Not only that but I recall you being muted multiple times for racism in the past. That's pretty darn toxic and it definitely harmed the server more than most RWTers. Yet I'm not seeing anyone call for your ban.
we are all humen and we make mistakes, which i've made alot of in the past, but i feel like i shouldn't be judged for the things i've done or said when i was immature little teenager.
Your words, not mine. And that's in a plea to become a moderator rather than just being allowed to be part of the community.

John 8:7 y'all.
Amen Brother

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:05 pm

I saw a post somewhere on the OSRS forums but I can't find it but to paraphrase it was along the lines of "perm banning players is never ok in a game where people invest thousands of hours or multiple years of their lives" and I was inclined to agree with that. I feel like there's almost always some other solution like really long temp bans or perm mutes or whatever solves the problem in that case really. Like ok no one ever wants a perm mute but when compared with a perm ban for toxicity it doesn't seem so bad

Bamf status
Premium Donator

Post by Bamf status » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:17 pm

Anyone wanna buy 2T?

I also feel the need to remind people how the ignore list works. If you don't like someone or don't want to see their flaming/spamming/yelling, you can add them to your ignore list in game. Then, every time they say some degenerate bulllshit, you are completely unaffected. By using this strategy, I have enjoyed playing the game and have stayed out of the drama. If you choose not to use this feature, enjoy your high blood pressure.
---They Aint gonna give it to you, so go take it---

Whiist
Premium Donator

Post by Whiist » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:39 am

People who RWT are now eligible for unbans?

Thanks, Biden.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:52 am

We should unban the rulebreakers who I am friends with and keep banned the rule breakers that I dont like.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:25 am

Fungamer wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:08 pm We're not really following IRL standards because.... This isn't IRL. Holy shit man. Do you really have "wounds" and trust issues caused by someone unrelated to you RWTing with someone else who's also unrelated to you?
Very good point from Lieven. Removing this many players from the game is madness, long term.

We never banned for RWT because it is somehow fundamentally 'wrong'. If anything, RWT rules restrict your ability to spend your own money (because it leads to losses on the server side - NOT because it's unethical). If these measures somehow lead to identifiable losses on the server side in new ways, then of course the staff are going to reconvene and come up with a new plan. That's called growth, to all you naysayers out there.

So there are bigger things that apply here. At the end of the day RWT punishments have varied through time a fair bit; it's a delicate exercise in tuning the parameters that minimize player loss while minimizing damage players can do to the server.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:33 am

RWTing is fine, but God forbid you yell "rigours"

#Justice4Mark

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:08 am

Nazuths wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:33 am RWTing is fine, but God forbid you yell "rigours"

#Justice4Mark
Honestly the whole rigours thing is hilarious and any claim that it's racist is silly. Mark is fucking with everyone and expects to be muted so I hope it stays at that rather than escalating to him getting perm ip muted or something. Dude never meant "rigged by riggers" to be interpreted in a racist way and he just ran with the meme of triggering some people lol

Different issue tho but I can find myself in your reasoning

Whiist
Premium Donator

Post by Whiist » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:37 am

Iron adam wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:52 am We should unban the rulebreakers who I am friends with and keep banned the rule breakers that I dont like.
Support

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:05 am

Unban the rwt'ers accounts but make them into UIM lol. Atleast they'll come back to play, who cares for there skills to be reset or not. They are most welcome to come back and appeal for there accounts to find out they are ironman status lol.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.