Titan Events? What & When?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Ely
Honor Player

Titan Events? What & When?

Post by Ely » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:36 pm

Greetings,

We're in the process of working out the next set of staff events, specifically Titan Events. Titan events are great fun for not only us hosting, but have always gone down really well in the past. Based on previous feedback threads, its clear they definitely bring all accounts modes together for one great battle, which is very much enjoyable for both Pkers, Pvmers & ironman mode accounts. In regards to Titan events, we're keen to hear what makes them enjoyable for you, as well as gather any suggestions which could make them more enjoyable. I'll kick some ideas off below;

One great barrier with these events is the limited number of the current team who know how to fully utilise and use the accounts. Going forward from today, more upskilling will be done in terms making sure every Moderator+ has a competent grasp, meaning they could host one at the drop of a hat. With this in mind, how often would you like to see these events?

In relation to planning Titan Events, dose the community always want plenty of notice (IE 5/7 days) or would you guys be more open to smaller, yet limited notice events? One idea I've always liked the sound of, is giving staff members the ability to host a titan event one afternoon with limited rewards. This not only could be seen as fun, but would also take some of the pressure away from hosting your first titan event without any real experience (It would also save some hits of my BOD on staff height in the learning and testing phase).
Something to add, I did trial this once, which did happen to be a great success, however you're always going to have players who miss out, or don't get notified, but surely it could be cool to see a titan will spawn in 60 minutes when your skilling or pvming.

A basic example of this would be:

Aim to have 2 larger Titan events every 6 weeks
Aim to have 2-4 smaller unplanned events every 6 weeks

Keen to hear your thoughts, maybe you have other suggestions for us regarding Titan events?

~ Matt

Nazuths
Developer

Re: Titan Events? What & When?

Post by Nazuths » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:39 pm

I'd like to see a Titan event at least once a month, a planned one that is, wouldn't mind more smaller ones during that month however, it should be a reachable goal. With a Titan event at least once a month I'd be happy already. Would also not mind seeing some more PvP events being held in addition to the Titan events.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Titan events are really unique at the moment. And it should remain somewhat unique since they are insane moneys everytime one has been slain. Though the rewards could be scaled down to somewhat lower if we are to get alot more of those events.

Would definetly be neat to see more of those events since they dont require more than 20m gear for a chance to place #1 - #3 which would be a great boost for newer/recently cleaned players. (If rewards are scaled down)

Currently there are a few bugs with the titan which in my professional opinion should get looked into before starting these events such as the freeze timer. And single combat zones. Not really the most major bugs but people find them frustrating to say the least.

If these bugs are something really hard to fix it's alright. If they are somewhat easy and not too time consuming please fix those first.

(The amount of these events seems more than fine to me with slightly lowered rewards as said before!)

I've spoken my mind!
Would love to see more feedback!

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 am

As someone who hosted Titans in the past I’d like to continue the themes which the staff team have used before. Carefully planning a back story and making each Titan unique in their offensive capabilities and defences.

Although I never got round to it I was going to once suggest some additional features for Titans:

- Ability to skull a player for 5 seconds.
- Ability to drop poison splats.
- Ability to go invisible and re appear elsewhere in the wild.
- Ability to reflect all damage for a short period of time.
- Ability to send a directional death beam (insta kill) in front of them.

All these features would be amazing additions to Titans making each one truly unique and customisable. There are customisations possible with the current mechanics but more is better always to make each event fun and not just ruby bolt rune crossbow rag or vls rag Titan = Top 3 placement.

Iron rikta
Premium Donator

Post by Iron rikta » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:22 pm

Makes a couple youtube videos and thinks he's "Professional" 8-) :lol: 8-)
@Empty Hot

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:34 pm

Iron rikta wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:22 pm Makes a couple youtube videos and thinks he's "Professional" 8-) :lol: 8-)
@Empty Hot
Too far my brother 😭😭😭

Iron rikta
Premium Donator

Post by Iron rikta » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:44 pm

Empty wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:34 pm
Iron rikta wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:22 pm Makes a couple youtube videos and thinks he's "Professional" 8-) :lol: 8-)
@Empty Hot
Too far my brother 😭😭😭
Hope you're doing well bro.

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:58 pm

Nazuths wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:39 pm I'd like to see a Titan event at least once a month, a planned one that is, wouldn't mind more smaller ones during that month however, it should be a reachable goal. With a Titan event at least once a month I'd be happy already. Would also not mind seeing some more PvP events being held in addition to the Titan events.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree having a reasonable goal for how many we host going forward is a must. With what I mentioned in the post was not a set amount, just something to show what any schedule might look like. Finding the middle ground to what the community expect & what's realistic for the staff team to host without burnout.
Empty wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:08 pm Titan events are really unique at the moment. And it should remain somewhat unique since they are insane moneys everytime one has been slain. Though the rewards could be scaled down to somewhat lower if we are to get alot more of those events.

Would definetly be neat to see more of those events since they dont require more than 20m gear for a chance to place #1 - #3 which would be a great boost for newer/recently cleaned players. (If rewards are scaled down)

Currently there are a few bugs with the titan which in my professional opinion should get looked into before starting these events such as the freeze timer. And single combat zones. Not really the most major bugs but people find them frustrating to say the least.

If these bugs are something really hard to fix it's alright. If they are somewhat easy and not too time consuming please fix those first.

(The amount of these events seems more than fine to me with slightly lowered rewards as said before!)

I've spoken my mind!
Would love to see more feedback!
Will actively try to push for any bugs to be reviewed. With that in mind, I don't think any are game breaking enough for us to put Titan events on hold until everything is fixed. I would encourage any bugs going forward to be posted in the relevant section. I think having a clear report about what the bug is / detail explanation would make it easier for the devs to locate and fix.
Isaac wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 am As someone who hosted Titans in the past I’d like to continue the themes which the staff team have used before. Carefully planning a back story and making each Titan unique in their offensive capabilities and defences.
Somewhat agree, many of the first events it was just standard everyone would use range. Switching things up and creating some form of story line, along with weaknesses and strengths made things unique. For future major events we definitely want to maintain this to some extent.
I take it based on this, you oppose the idea of any titan events which don't have a forums thread / and or story line?
Isaac wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 am Although I never got round to it I was going to once suggest some additional features for Titans:

- Ability to skull a player for 5 seconds.
- Ability to drop poison splats.
- Ability to go invisible and re appear elsewhere in the wild.
- Ability to reflect all damage for a short period of time.
- Ability to send a directional death beam (insta kill) in front of them.

Perhaps we can open up another discussion relating to adding additional features,. I do like your ideas :thumbsup:

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:02 pm

Do 1-2 planned Titan events per month along with 1-2 spur of the moment events. Make sure it works for both European and NA time zones or cycle back and fourth.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:32 pm

Once in a while is aight, never been too sure about the balancing of the thing. It's weaknesses and attack styles, do they change, is it from a set pool? Seems like bolt ragging in ass gear is the go to method every titan.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18