Completionist Cape purchase After The First one

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Re: Completionist Cape purchase After The First one

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:42 pm

I'd gladly be open to discussing this further in a civil manner (without the childish name calling) if anyone has any clear rebuttle to the points I made.

Again if the suggestion is to reduce the cost because they think 50k points is too hard then that's an opinion, not something that can be argued as wrong or right, but say this.
Currently 50k is the requirement to buy, while 10k is the cost to buy and as Raj said, it's actually 10k slayer points CHEAPER to purchase without death than with death, and the benefit is after you buy your chaos comp you still have 40k points to splurge on perks if you wanted to. Personally this system has been the way it is for years and see no need to change it, what I do see a need for is removing the ability to farm points off dust devils (and any barrage tasks if more are out there), but I can see why players would prefer that over playing the game.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:03 pm

Doing the 50k slayer points is a lot better then going for death in multiple ways.
1. You don't have to get mstone
2. You don't have to go dry trying to get a morph ring as a drop
3. After you purchase your capes you want, you can use those slayer points.

Number three is a clear advange to the just having 50k as oppose to getting death on morph ring. You just have to think a little bit into the future. I'm not oppose to it changing but just gi ING some points to think about.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:13 am

It kind of feels like maybe you guys aren't getting the suggestion maybe? The point of the completionist cape requirements are to prove that you have, in effect, completed all the game has to offer. 50k slayer points could be see as the proof you've done all the slayer you need to do to prove you can do it. So once you've done that, having to keep having the slayer points on your account to be allowed to purchase them is just a little strange. Sure you could just save up a bunch of points all at once and buy them all at once, but reasonably speaking many people will have no need for a duplicates.

So they spend their points somewhere else and then have to get them all back. Imagine if you had to redo all the comp requirements every time you wanted to buy a new one.

Once you have proven yourself by obtaining 50k points that should be that, you shouldn't have to keep the points or prove it again.

Iron podge
Premium Donator

Post by Iron podge » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:34 am

Brant wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:37 am
Thearlygamer wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:26 am
Monys wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:20 am Just make it 50k points to unlock the ability to get infinite comp cape without having any slayer point fee after the 50k has been paid.
Compensate me for the points I've already spent
I'd support that
Support
:doge:

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:50 am

Church wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:13 am It kind of feels like maybe you guys aren't getting the suggestion maybe? The point of the completionist cape requirements are to prove that you have, in effect, completed all the game has to offer. 50k slayer points could be see as the proof you've done all the slayer you need to do to prove you can do it. So once you've done that, having to keep having the slayer points on your account to be allowed to purchase them is just a little strange. Sure you could just save up a bunch of points all at once and buy them all at once, but reasonably speaking many people will have no need for a duplicates.

So they spend their points somewhere else and then have to get them all back. Imagine if you had to redo all the comp requirements every time you wanted to buy a new one.

Once you have proven yourself by obtaining 50k points that should be that, you shouldn't have to keep the points or prove it again.
^^

Same analogy I made with the baker shop too tbh. Its just silly to need to hold more points than the actual cost even though you already "unlocked" that section.

Iron rikta
Premium Donator

Post by Iron rikta » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:42 pm

And to add to all of this iron men would have to have all whips they want to turn into capes at the time of comping. Chaos, fortune, souls and magic all at the time of trim comping. That'd be 80k slayer points and 4 custom whips, which isn't likely to happen. And it leads to having to regain 50k slayer points 2, 3, or even 4 times. The same goes for broke players who can't afford all the whips. And who the fuck has the patience to accumulate 80k slayer points before getting a chaos comp...