Credit Prices

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Credit Prices

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:18 am

Can we have any update on future plans for credit prices? Currently costs 20-24b for donator and premium status for ironmen and its killin us newbies
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Cancerstick
Wise One

Re: Credit Prices

Post by Cancerstick » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:20 am

For sure, this is just insane. There should be no reason that you are punished for wanting to progress in the game just because you want to be an iron.

Let alone pay double or tripple the cost for a custom just because you want a different one and dont have the RNG to get one from a clue.

Tom061202
Honor Player

Post by Tom061202 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:20 am

Agree something has to be done at some point

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:41 am

I recall that @Thoby had some interesting points about disconnecting donor/prem from in-game progression. Did anything come from that?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:16 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:18 am Currently costs 20-24b for donator and premium status
That seems like a bit of an exaggeration. Based on the price credits are currently being traded at it should cost 20B at most to get the credits for both statuses. If you're buying credits at 8M each (24B for 3K credits) then you're just overpaying.
Cancerstick wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:20 am Let alone pay double or tripple the cost for a custom just because you want a different one and dont have the RNG to get one from a clue.
Also an exaggeration from what I can tell. Chaos whips are currently being traded for 32-39B. An iron would need to buy 6K credits to convert any custom whip to a whip of chaos which at 6-6.5M/cr comes out at 36-39B. So you're paying about the same as a regular player needs to pay for a chaos whip, except for the option of removing the RNG of having to hunt for your own chaos whip and making it so any custom whip you get will do. Adding that option already made things so much easier for irons. Besides, what else can an iron do with the money they make along the way? Buy bank slots? That's about it really... Except for suicide-trade it to their main of course.
Tom061202 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:20 am Agree something has to be done at some point
Something was done. Status prices were lowered from 2500 to 1500 credits. It's conceivable they will be lowered further to 1000 credits eventually. That would put statuses close to the 6B mark again, which is how much they cost before we introduced ultra rare sales / tradeable credits / status destruction on removal, which prompted the price spike.

I'd say that right now statuses are about 1.5-2x as expensive as they were 5 years ago. That's actually in line with the inflation of most prices and is also somewhat negated by having moneymakers that make 2x as much as 5 years ago. But yes, I get it, it's harder for irons.

What is considered a reasonable timeline for obtaining statuses anyway? Let's say you're a new (regular) player, starting from zero with no outside wealth to kick-start your account. I'd think it would be reasonable that you've managed to buy your statuses by the 50 hour mark? Isn't that also totally feasible for irons?

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:27 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:16 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:18 am Currently costs 20-24b for donator and premium status
That seems like a bit of an exaggeration. Based on the price credits are currently being traded at it should cost 20B at most to get the credits for both statuses. If you're buying credits at 8M each (24B for 3K credits) then you're just overpaying.
Okay I'll agree 20b to buy donator and prem, but for new ironmen who can't pvm much and anything they do get usually is items they need not something they can alch right away it's still a really long grind for new irons to get premium which unlocks corp, zulrah, magic secateurs, kingly hunting at ::skilling, and inferno adze which are pretty essential for the early ironman grind.

Most of their options to make money is mithril dragons, gwd if they don't mind doing 5-10 kills a trip since they can't get an ely or divine, hunting kinglys in puro-puro for 40-50 hours on avg to make that 20b, maybe some wilderness bossing if they have the gear for it, and getting lucky to alch clue items. Other than that I don't see many avenues that aren't so grindy that a new player trying the ironman mode would be willing to do..
Rapsey wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:16 pm
Tom061202 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:20 am Agree something has to be done at some point
Something was done. Status prices were lowered from 2500 to 1500 credits. It's conceivable they will be lowered further to 1000 credits eventually. That would put statuses close to the 6B mark again, which is how much they cost before we introduced ultra rare sales / tradeable credits / status destruction on removal, which prompted the price spike.

I'd say that right now statuses are about 1.5-2x as expensive as they were 5 years ago. That's actually in line with the inflation of most prices and is also somewhat negated by having moneymakers that make 2x as much as 5 years ago. But yes, I get it, it's harder for irons.

What is considered a reasonable timeline for obtaining statuses anyway? Let's say you're a new (regular) player, starting from zero with no outside wealth to kick-start your account. I'd think it would be reasonable that you've managed to buy your statuses by the 50 hour mark? Isn't that also totally feasible for irons?
I don't think ironmen should experience inflation with status prices since we aren't even part of the eco to sell the items that inflated. Also in the last 5 years our alchable items prices were cut in half with no remedy as far as I remember.

I don't know what a reasonable timeline is, but what it is right now aint it and most ironmen that I know can agree to that. Will some do it still? Sure because they want to play the game, but I don't think it should be left like this. Would changing the time it takes to get premium as a new iron bring more ironmen to the game mode? That I don't know, but I know having this wall could deter some from trying once they realize how much of a grind it is.

Also I'd like to mention, sure in the end game gp becomes nearly useless, but early game it's actually very essential. We have to invest it in gold leaves, mahogany planks, rooms in our poh, brawling gloves, 8b to skip quest req (optional ofc), and inf curser prayers unlocked. All I'm saying is I want it easier for my brethren to unlock premium status without burning out before it.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy