Custom Whips on Ironman Accounts

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Atomic artix
Premium Donator

Custom Whips on Ironman Accounts

Post by Atomic artix » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:12 am

Hello dear reader,

I would like to bring up something, since something amazing happened and at the same time it was a huge dissapointment.

A couple of days ago a dear friend gave me an X amount of donator tickets to me to get myself a custom whip (since getting one on an Ironman is really hard and I really want one). When I looked at the wiki page I looked for the whip I wanted and went to the donator shop. Here is where the dissapointment struck, I found out that you need a custom whip ticket and 6k donator credits to buy one. Clearly I missed the ''talk'' button at the donator shop and didn't found it on the wiki.

Here is my idea:
- Remove the custom whip ticket cost from the shops.
With this PkHonor might make more money through the donations of Ironmans which might have the option to donate for a custom whip and give themself a head start. Downside, more Ironman will have a custom whip which doesn't actually hurt the economy.
- How do we prevent Ironmans make alot of money on these custom whips?
Simple, we just make them not alchable and they can't sell them to the junk store salesman.

It was quite a dissapointment for me to see this since I can't remember this was something in the past of PkHonor. I hope people think and feel the same way about it as I do and maybe... We can figure something out???

Guys let me know down in the comments if this is a really stupid idea or if it maybe has some good points to think about?

- Atomic Artix

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Re: Custom Whips on Ironman Accounts

Post by Fe nis » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:20 am

Your suggestion is how it worked previously.

As much as I agree that Ironmen shouldn't be able to trade shitty customs for good ones via the donation store, it simply is what it is.

Just go do Frost Dragon tasks and farm elites if you want a custom whip man, it shouldn't take too long.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:22 am

No shaaaanks play a main account if you want to purchase whips through donator store.

While I don't 100% agree with the current way of getting whips it's a really stupid idea to make them available to a level 3 account.

Atomic artix
Premium Donator

Post by Atomic artix » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:24 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:22 am No shaaaanks play a main account if you want to purchase whips through donator store.

While I don't 100% agree with the current way of getting whips it's a really stupid idea to make them available to a level 3 account.
Well like I said, it actually doesn't matter if a level 3 player wants to buy it through donation. Since Ironman won't be able to do any harm to the economy.

Iron rikta
Premium Donator

Post by Iron rikta » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:25 am

The whip system is perfect atm...

You shouldn't have to do upwards of 500 elite clues to get chaos whip

and you damn for sure shouldn't be able to pay to win one on an iron

Atomic artix
Premium Donator

Post by Atomic artix » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:27 am

Fe nis wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:20 am Your suggestion is how it worked previously.

As much as I agree that Ironmen shouldn't be able to trade shitty customs for good ones via the donation store, it simply is what it is.

Just go do Frost Dragon tasks and farm elites if you want a custom whip man, it shouldn't take too long.
Fe Nis, you have a point, for sure. But think it about the other way. Some Ironmans or even UIM, might not want to take that path. On the other hand if we do this we might think about the future if PkHonor, since the playerbase of Ironmans is increasing and Ironmans mostly don't donate since it has no benefit for them (except the status for sure).

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:41 am

Fe nis wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:20 am Your suggestion is how it worked previously.
Ehm no. Judging by the pro's and cons he listed, I think he's suggesting that irons get to buy whatever custom whip they want just for credits, without needing a voucher. This has never been how it worked. You've always had to work to obtain a custom whip as an ironman, We simply added the option to change it to your preferred type of custom whip for a credit fee, as a compromise between eliminating the insane RNG roulette and preserving the "work to get everything yourself" spirit of ironman.

Atomic artix
Premium Donator

Post by Atomic artix » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:47 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:41 am
Ehm no. Judging by the pro's and cons he listed, I think he's suggesting that irons get to buy whatever custom whip they want just for credits, without needing a voucher. This has never been how it worked. You've always had to work to obtain a custom whip as an ironman, We simply added the option to change it to your preferred type of custom whip for a credit fee, as a compromise between eliminating the insane RNG roulette and preserving the "work to get everything yourself" spirit of ironman.
Hi Rapsey,

Thanks for your response. It was just a thought and I was just wondering if this might be a way to raise donations for PkHonor and give Ironman an ''extra'' option. You can ''Free 2 Play'' or give them a option to ''Pay 2 Play'' by just buying a custom whip and give themselfs a headstart.

Well like I said it was just a thought, thanks for your response.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:21 am

Atomic artix wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:47 am Thanks for your response. It was just a thought and I was just wondering if this might be a way to raise donations for PkHonor and give Ironman an ''extra'' option. You can ''Free 2 Play'' or give them a option to ''Pay 2 Play'' by just buying a custom whip and give themselfs a headstart.

Well like I said it was just a thought, thanks for your response.
It's a tricky issue to be honest.

Irons can buy whips with tradeable credits (which means they can buy them with their in-game money) => huge middle finger to the irons who spent a lot of work to obtain theirs

Irons can buy them but donate-only, i.e. no tradeable credits? Two problems. 1: people are mad because it's very unfair pay2win towards irons who can't or won't donate. 2: people will pay others to donate for them which brings with it two more problems: they will get scammed, and it allows people with a rich main to advantage their iron which many also view as unfair.

We couldn't see any way to make all sides happy at the same time which is why we went for this compromise solution, in which a concession is made towards all sides but no one gets everything they want (which I guess is the definition of a compromise).