The sales of bank space must be crazy high

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

The price before I even CONSIDER (not buy) bank upgrade is:

2500 credits (current price)
10%
2000 credits
No votes
1500 credits
7%
1000 credits
45%
750 credits
2%
500 credits
17%
250 credits
5%
100 credits
No votes
50 credits
No votes
25 credits
No votes
10 credits
14%

Total votes: 42

Snapzhot
Premium Donator

Re: The sales of bank space must be crazy high

Post by Snapzhot » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:47 am

Thoby wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:36 am Hmm, I certainly understand the issue. And I am curious about the exact number of upgrades that have been purchased since release (# of credits that were spent).

It might be beneficial to look at the price/demand comparisons. For example (hypothetical numbers):
If the price is 2,500 credits, and 100 upgrades are bought, it would yield 250,000 credits.
If the price would be 1,000 credits, and in return 500 upgrades are bought, it would yield 500,000 credits.
However, if the price would be 500, and only 700 upgrades are bought, it would only yield 350,000 credits.

I am not saying it should be dirt cheap, but maybe changing it a bit will yield more credits at the end of the day.

So I agree that trying to find a sweet spot would be good. Especially since it doesn't really hurt anyone if the upgrades become cheaper, and we developed the ability to have more items in your bank for a reason. But maybe the numbers are already good, and we don't want to change anything. I am not familiar with the actual numbers.

EDIT: I realized that the price also increases (first upgrade is 2,500 credits, second upgrade is 5,000 credits, third one 7,500, etc). A single upgrade is just shy of the same price of both the donator + premium status upgrade (its shy by 500 credits). Maybe it isn't too bad of an idea to scale the prices down to a bit more reasonable price. I'd be really surprised if anyone has upgraded their bank by more than 200 spaces - which would already roughly cost 160B.
Ephriam is one of the few that has purchased all the bank upgrades on his iron.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:48 am

Thoby wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:36 am It might be beneficial to look at the price/demand comparisons.
It depends on what you're trying to achieve. Are we trying to maximize sales? I believe that to be a futile effort because you're basically trying to increase it from 0.5% of credit spending to 0.8% or something. Or are we trying to create late-game wealth sinks like we were discussing here, by creating things that players can do without but the ultra-rich could choose to dump a large amount of wealth into? Not even so much to remove as much wealth from the game as possible but to delay the inevitable end-game point where you have everything there is to have and there's no longer anything more you can do with your wealth, other than accumulate more of it just for the sake of being rich.

Supertuppers
Honor Player

Post by Supertuppers » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:51 am

The thing with trying to create a money sink with bank slots is even regular account players who are super wealthy just transfer the wealth onto other accounts. I really don’t see it ever being an efficient money sink for regular accounts to dump money into. However kinda like thoby said finding a sweet spot for this probably would be hugely beneficial for sales of credits and also sinks for cash because as it stands people are stubborn and refuse to pay the current price but bringing into that affordable range to upgrade your bank storage people would think for the sake of 1k credits it’s worth not having to transfer things between accounts.
ImageImage

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Okay then, how much in-game cash in total should it cost to get 1200 slots? Keeping in mind that's a +50% bank space increase and about as much as anyone will ever need.

Personally, considering who this is targeted at, I think it should be at least 200B.

Supertuppers
Honor Player

Post by Supertuppers » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:19 pm

Yeah I think maybe even slightly more than 200B total for 1200 slots. Currently if you wanted to get an extra 50 slots in game cash your looking at around 15B cash knowing if you then want the next upgrade that is then going to keep doubling in price.
Maybe if there was something like buy 100 spaces for a fixed price of 25b (just rough numbers as that would make it 300b for a full upgrade and would be a lot more appealing to people to chuck money into).
That way it is also affordable for people who are not at end game but need the extra space to just do an upgrade here and there also.
ImageImage

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:24 pm

if this will be changed i want my credits refunded i spent for 1k bankspace.. it aint cheap >:(

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:22 pm

Supertuppers wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:19 pm Yeah I think maybe even slightly more than 200B total for 1200 slots.
So that's about half the current price then?
Supertuppers wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:19 pm Currently if you wanted to get an extra 50 slots in game cash your looking at around 15B cash knowing if you then want the next upgrade that is then going to keep doubling in price.
It doesn't keep doubling in price. The price goes up by 2500 every time so it only doubles the first time, then +50%, then +33%, then +25% and so on.
Supertuppers wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:19 pm Maybe if there was something like buy 100 spaces for a fixed price of 25b (just rough numbers as that would make it 300b for a full upgrade and would be a lot more appealing to people to chuck money into).
That way it is also affordable for people who are not at end game but need the extra space to just do an upgrade here and there also.
If you want it to be affordable for people who aren't end-game to buy an upgrade, then a fixed price is actually counterproductive. Instead of the same price all the way it's then better to make it cheaper (= more accessie) for the first few upgrades and more expensive for the last few.

That's why we made it this way. Most players can afford to buy the first 100-200 slots which covers their needs, but if you want to go beyond 1200 and towards the 2000 (which no one can even fill) then it becomes so expensive that only the richest veterans could afford it. Which kinda makes sense, after all the only players who would buy something that they have no use for are the ones that have trills sitting around with nothing to spend it on except for bragging rights.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:01 am

Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:48 am
Thoby wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:36 am It might be beneficial to look at the price/demand comparisons.
It depends on what you're trying to achieve. Are we trying to maximize sales? I believe that to be a futile effort because you're basically trying to increase it from 0.5% of credit spending to 0.8% or something. Or are we trying to create late-game wealth sinks like we were discussing here, by creating things that players can do without but the ultra-rich could choose to dump a large amount of wealth into?
Alternatively, next to the money sink, I propose that we are trying to maximize usage of a feature that one of the devs spent valuable time on to implement. Surely it must suck for you guys to have spent hours or even days on some feature, possibly raging at some random error or bug caused by the underlying spaghetti, only for it not to be really used by the people who were begging to have such a feature?

We could have it at 1b cash per slot, with a "buy x" option. Once you hit 1k slots it could go up to 1.5b or 2b/slot.
Cheap-ish but still significant for a few extra slots. If you want to max it out you'd have to lay down a fat cash stack. Players would also gain the ability to "organically" buy a slot here and there during their entire playthrough.

5alood
Premium Donator

Post by 5alood » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:34 pm

Yes high

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:30 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:25 pm
The underdog wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:37 pm Unfortunately there's a difference between irons and regular players on this subject. Endgame irons sure have benefit with extra bank space and also have not many alternatives. You could indeed say that's maxing the account. But a regular player, would just put the odd collected items on an alt for free and doesn't look back.
Irons are also the ones for whom having excess wealth is useless seeing as they can't do anything with it. Or rather they shouldn't be able to do anything else with it.

I would have less trouble buying this "poor late-game irons can't afford it" argument if I hadn't seen so many irons suicide-trading hundreds of billions to their mains, before complaining about how expensive bank slots are.
Most late game irons who need space have hoarded like 5 of every item meaning if they alched some stuff they’d have space. It’s all about what you prioritize. Along with that most good irons have a main with a few trill and credits are trade able. While I understand why people might be upset, in all honesty it is very possible to obtain credits to make space. I think most people don’t like cost of bank space because it will drop their ::wealth versus it being too expensive. Bank space is not a need after 800 spaces it’s just a want. I’m just happy we have the option for more space considering most private servers don’t have that option.

Also players like Jumping Bug have proven 2k bank space is possible to purchase and he’s not even one of the richest player in the game. Maxed bank spaces are super niche and in all honesty just a flex.