Gnome Scarf Incident (ft. Nazuths)

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Braille1
Rookie

Re: Gnome Scarf Incident (ft. Nazuths)

Post by Braille1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:21 pm
Braille1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:59 pm really gotta agree with this hey,

there's so many other cool cosmetics that could've been added and should be added that it doesn't make sense to re release an item that's been used already, elitists aside
Such as?
sack of presents, giant present just to name a few, maybe rest of jester set or sumthin idk there's quiet a few options

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:07 pm

Forgive me if I offend but I've heard countless times that there are "so many" cool cosmetic items we could add (while I struggle to find more than a handful) and when I ask people to name them they always come up with the same 5-10 items which we already know about and are trying to use very sparingly. Most of these items we have other plans for and/or don't want to turn into unobtainable items for anyone who comes after (which is frankly something I never want to do - it may stroke the ego of the few people that have them but it sucks balls for everyone else, especially when they're supposed to be common items that are frequently used in fashionscape).

We need to think ahead and keep some good items aside for things like the cosmetic vote shop rework and future donator items, both of which will be crucial if we want to keep the server alive for another 5-10 years. We don't exactly want to "waste" the few good options on something fairly insignificant like a holiday event, where we just give them to everyone for free and the server gets zero benefit from the introduction of the item.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:07 pm Forgive me if I offend but I've heard countless times that there are "so many" cool cosmetic items we could add (while I struggle to find more than a handful) and when I ask people to name them they always come up with the same 5-10 items which we already know about and are trying to use very sparingly. Most of these items we have other plans for and/or don't want to turn into unobtainable items for anyone who comes after (which is frankly something I never want to do - it may stroke the ego of the few people that have them but it sucks balls for everyone else, especially when they're supposed to be common items that are frequently used in fashionscape).
Some that come to mind. Colored Phats, santa hats, Barbarian assault icons, anger weapons

Znoxy

Post by Znoxy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Iron adam wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Rapsey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:07 pm Forgive me if I offend but I've heard countless times that there are "so many" cool cosmetic items we could add (while I struggle to find more than a handful) and when I ask people to name them they always come up with the same 5-10 items which we already know about and are trying to use very sparingly. Most of these items we have other plans for and/or don't want to turn into unobtainable items for anyone who comes after (which is frankly something I never want to do - it may stroke the ego of the few people that have them but it sucks balls for everyone else, especially when they're supposed to be common items that are frequently used in fashionscape).
Some that come to mind. Colored Phats, santa hats, Barbarian assault icons, anger weapons

add ak47 too lets gooooooo

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Znoxy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:47 pm
Iron adam wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:01 pm

add ak47 too lets gooooooo
yes!!!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:45 pm

Thanks a lot. I do appreciate the suggestions, they are really helpful.

EDIT 1: Also, FWIW, before the update there were around 3.6K gnome scarves in the game.

EDIT 2: Maybe it would be a good idea to develop some kind of public list of cosmetic items with their planned purpose (if any) so people can make suggestions and we can have an open discussion about it? Might help to tackle any unpopular decisions before they are put into effect.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:45 pm Thanks a lot. I do appreciate the suggestions, they are really helpful.

EDIT 1: Also, FWIW, before the update there were around 3.6K gnome scarves in the game.

EDIT 2: Maybe it would be a good idea to develop some kind of public list of cosmetic items with their planned purpose (if any) so people can make suggestions and we can have an open discussion about it? Might help to tackle any unpopular decisions before they are put into effect.
I don't think it would hurt but my opinion is still just that every single cosmetic item in the game should eventually be obtainable by everyone.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Church wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:56 pm I don't think it would hurt but my opinion is still just that every single cosmetic item in the game should eventually be obtainable by everyone.
Same. I think if being there for a holiday event gives you 5+ years of being in an elite club before anyone else has another chance to get it, that's already pretty sweet,

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Znoxy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:47 pm add ak47 too lets gooooooo
Peak rsps
Rapsey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:45 pm Thanks a lot. I do appreciate the suggestions, they are really helpful.
The video can be interpreted different ways now that I'm watching it again. Intentionally it was supposed to be like a "haha we the new players won and veterans lost" type of joke. But on the second watch, it can definitely be seen as a "rip us veterans, we got fucked and lost our scarf swagger".
Re-releasing the gnome scarf this year was a great decision, don't ever question if it was the wrong thing to do.
Church wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:56 pm I don't think it would hurt but my opinion is still just that every single cosmetic item in the game should eventually be obtainable by everyone.
Couldn't agree more.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:24 pm

Agree with what dj co-...church said!