When this server shuts down

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Purplerain
Premium Donator

Re: When this server shuts down

Post by Purplerain » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm

If this server ever shuts down, i would end my life as well, everyone here made me feel welcomed and, you guys are more then family, you guys are blood, i would be lost without this server tbh, its the only place that made me somewhat mentaly stable, but i had bad moments and their were a lot of good moments in this server, when i;ve been here. this is the longest server thats ever been around, and the graphics are so good, and makes me feel good to see people still playing, i'm going to be more active, and i will always vote every day! and i will tell my friends irl about this game! keep strong boys <3

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:30 am

Purplerain wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm If this server ever shuts down, i would end my life as well
The people that made you feel welcome will still be around, the game is just the place you happened to meet. There are a bunch of ways to stay in touch; I'm still friends with people who quit long ago. This place does feel like a family quite often, and it has almost always been a great escape for people throughout time. But it's not everything - nurture the relationships you've forged, not your attachment to the game. The game is just pixels, the people you meet are real

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:34 am

Patel wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:30 am
Purplerain wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm If this server ever shuts down, i would end my life as well
The people that made you feel welcome will still be around, the game is just the place you happened to meet. There are a bunch of ways to stay in touch; I'm still friends with people who quit long ago. This place does feel like a family quite often, and it has almost always been a great escape for people throughout time. But it's not everything - nurture the relationships you've forged, not your attachment to the game. The game is just pixels, the people you meet are real
Absolute king of words. This why you're #1

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:40 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:34 am
Patel wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:30 am
Absolute king of words. This why you're #1
Agreed, I bet he uses it on all the ladies.

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:13 pm

I'd simply go back to osrs, my day feels incomplete if I don't play some form of this game and the other rsps's I used to play are all shut down now.. I honestly hope this day doesn't come anytime within the next 10 years I do see myself at 40 y/o still playing this game.😄

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm

When I first started on PkHonor, 12 years ago, I had no idea where it would go. It was a fun thing to work on, I wanted to put my newly acquired programming skills to the test (I was just starting my second year in computer science at the University) and I always dreamed of programming my own game. Didn't really care that much what game it was.

Things went okayish for the first half year, then it took a dive until we hit 5 players average and 20 max for several months (between around august 2010 until december 2010). But I never gave up, spent all the money I had until I had literally about 20 euros left on my bank account and was even considering asking my parents for a small loan just to keep PkHonor running. I always believed we'd get back on track, and we did. As of 1 January 2011, when we started to boom once again and we never stopped being one of the more promiment servers around. Maybe we're not the top 10 biggest servers anymore, but I still pride ourselves as being the oldest RSPS in the world (that has any relevance in the RSPS world).

Funny thing. Any time someone would ask me "how long will PkHonor last?", I used to tell them "probably another 2 to 3 years". I kept repeating that for several years. But if you would ask me that very same question again, I will say "another 10 years at the very least, but probably a lot longer".

I will not let PkHonor go offline. There would have to be literally nobody online for a whole year, then I might consider it. But that's not going to happen for many, many years to come.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:08 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm When I first started on PkHonor, 12 years ago, I had no idea where it would go. It was a fun thing to work on, I wanted to put my newly acquired programming skills to the test (I was just starting my second year in computer science at the University) and I always dreamed of programming my own game. Didn't really care that much what game it was.

Things went okayish for the first half year, then it took a dive until we hit 5 players average and 20 max for several months (between around august 2010 until december 2010). But I never gave up, spent all the money I had until I had literally about 20 euros left on my bank account and was even considering asking my parents for a small loan just to keep PkHonor running. I always believed we'd get back on track, and we did. As of 1 January 2011, when we started to boom once again and we never stopped being one of the more promiment servers around. Maybe we're not the top 10 biggest servers anymore, but I still pride ourselves as being the oldest RSPS in the world (that has any relevance in the RSPS world).

Funny thing. Any time someone would ask me "how long will PkHonor last?", I used to tell them "probably another 2 to 3 years". I kept repeating that for several years. But if you would ask me that very same question again, I will say "another 10 years at the very least, but probably a lot longer".

I will not let PkHonor go offline. There would have to be literally nobody online for a whole year, then I might consider it. But that's not going to happen for many, many years to come.
I've set up a bot to log in once a week every week for the rest of time. Therefore PkHonor is immortal.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:55 pm

Church wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:08 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm When I first started on PkHonor, 12 years ago, I had no idea where it would go. It was a fun thing to work on, I wanted to put my newly acquired programming skills to the test (I was just starting my second year in computer science at the University) and I always dreamed of programming my own game. Didn't really care that much what game it was.

I've set up a bot to log in once a week every week for the rest of time. Therefore PkHonor is immortal.
This is the only type of botting that i will allow

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Brant wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:55 pm
Church wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:08 pm

This is the only type of botting that i will allow
Church has many bots

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:53 am

Haha you guys are too funny. Thanks for sharing Mike. It's neat to hear about the server and its roots from before we got here.