When this server shuts down

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Iron podge
Premium Donator

When this server shuts down

Post by Iron podge » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:59 am

As with all servers, sooner or later (hopefully much much later) there will be a time where this server closes down. I once played one that ran a consistent 200+ that I didn't think would go anywhere for some time. Then after some turbulence, bugs, resets, one day we all went to log in and it was down. I've noticed there are quite a few dedicated players. There are some who grind long hours.

So my question is....

When this server closes, what will you do? What is your next endeavor?
:doge:

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: When this server shuts down

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 am

PkHonor will never shut down. A few of us made a suicide pact a few years back, so Mike and Rapsey know that the blood would be on their hands.

Iron podge
Premium Donator

Post by Iron podge » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:08 am

@Iron adam There are a lot of players with huge achievements on here. I have respect for you. However you have to be realistic my friend. Whether its next year or 20 years from now, the day will come... The question remains... what will you do?

I'm a bottle of wine in
:doge:

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:10 am

Iron podge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:08 am @Iron adam There are a lot of players with huge achievements on here. I have respect for you. However you have to be realistic my friend. Whether its next year or 20 years from now, the day will come... The question remains... what will you do?

I'm a bottle of wine in
I highly doubt the actual games would last 20+ years either

For the most part, I'm all but done with this server/rs as a whole. I got enchanted comp on here, had all the best gear then what? run tob for 2000 times to get the tier 5 cape? Even on RS3 I have already gotten max cape, quest cape, and completed probably 90% of the content. On top of all of that, I have been trying to reduce the 'gaming' that I do as a whole since I learned that, "hey this is not gonna help me at all with relationships, depression, schooling, or much of anything in my future and it would be better off spending my time with friends or learning new programming languages.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:55 am

As Adam said, I personally don't think that PkHonor will shut down ANY TIME SOON.
And the thing with dedication is consistency, as long as you are consistent and enjoy every moment of your play time, then it surely hurts a little when pkh shuts down but atleast you made great memories and forever lasting friendships.

Even for Mike and Rapsey I can confidentally speak on their behalf that PKH is not just a project for them.
If it was we wouldn't of made it this far as the longest running private server.
The dedication that they have for the server even after 10+ years is honestly beyond me.

What it comes to what i'll do.. hard to say in advance but probably focus on becoming a pro Overwatch player! (As i already am) :)

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:49 pm

If the server dies, I die with it and bring a lot of you with me.

Kash

Post by Kash » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:31 pm

THIS RSPS WILL NOT GO DOWN!

Now that I have that out of the way..

Realistically, as @Iron podge eloquently put it:
Iron podge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:08 am Whether its next year or 20 years from now, the day will come...
..I’ll probably find another game to invest my time in.

I picked up Pkhonor during the middle of the pandemic (mid 2020) and am usually online while I work-from-home. I would also like to say that I have a healthy game:work:life balance and life’s been nothing but good to me.

I won’t be surprised if I actually went back to OSRS.. but after being spoiled by Pkhonor’s EXP rates…… I’d have to think twice.

Other MMORPG game suggestions pl0x?
Image <-- Click Here!

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:15 pm

Iron podge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:59 am As with all servers, sooner or later (hopefully much much later) there will be a time where this server closes down. I once played one that ran a consistent 200+ that I didn't think would go anywhere for some time. Then after some turbulence, bugs, resets, one day we all went to log in and it was down. I've noticed there are quite a few dedicated players. There are some who grind long hours.

So my question is....

When this server closes, what will you do? What is your next endeavor?
When this server dies, I'll put all the time I usually put in PKH into making the world a better place. I think within 1 year we don't have any global warming, wars, and money problems. But for now, I'll keep no living PKH.

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:42 pm

when this server dies.... what will i do....

You know the statue in brazil of jezus? with his arms out wide?..

I will go to a spanish school to learn spanish. Then i will take the first plane to barcelona, ask the builders that are working on Sagrada Familia to quit, break down the whole church.. remove all the dirt and other left over items that are destroyed.. Then i will tell them in spanish what they need to make.

In the middle of barcelona there will be a big g2 statue like the jezus statue in brazil..

That's what I will do....

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:51 pm

Empty wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:55 am

What it comes to what i'll do.. hard to say in advance but probably focus on becoming a pro Overwatch player! (As i already am) :)
Role loc?