When this server shuts down

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Whiist
Premium Donator

Re: When this server shuts down

Post by Whiist » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:05 am

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm When I first started on PkHonor, 12 years ago, I had no idea where it would go. It was a fun thing to work on, I wanted to put my newly acquired programming skills to the test (I was just starting my second year in computer science at the University) and I always dreamed of programming my own game. Didn't really care that much what game it was.

Things went okayish for the first half year, then it took a dive until we hit 5 players average and 20 max for several months (between around august 2010 until december 2010). But I never gave up, spent all the money I had until I had literally about 20 euros left on my bank account and was even considering asking my parents for a small loan just to keep PkHonor running. I always believed we'd get back on track, and we did. As of 1 January 2011, when we started to boom once again and we never stopped being one of the more promiment servers around. Maybe we're not the top 10 biggest servers anymore, but I still pride ourselves as being the oldest RSPS in the world (that has any relevance in the RSPS world).

Funny thing. Any time someone would ask me "how long will PkHonor last?", I used to tell them "probably another 2 to 3 years". I kept repeating that for several years. But if you would ask me that very same question again, I will say "another 10 years at the very least, but probably a lot longer".

I will not let PkHonor go offline. There would have to be literally nobody online for a whole year, then I might consider it. But that's not going to happen for many, many years to come.
The fact that you never gave up trying from the very beginning of PkHonor is great. But perhaps the greatest thing of it all is how many peoples lives this game has changed for the better, and that's pretty cool. :)

Long live PkHonor!!
Pigeon Force

Iron podge
Premium Donator

Post by Iron podge » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:40 am

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm When I first started on PkHonor, 12 years ago, I had no idea where it would go. It was a fun thing to work on, I wanted to put my newly acquired programming skills to the test (I was just starting my second year in computer science at the University) and I always dreamed of programming my own game. Didn't really care that much what game it was.

Things went okayish for the first half year, then it took a dive until we hit 5 players average and 20 max for several months (between around august 2010 until december 2010). But I never gave up, spent all the money I had until I had literally about 20 euros left on my bank account and was even considering asking my parents for a small loan just to keep PkHonor running. I always believed we'd get back on track, and we did. As of 1 January 2011, when we started to boom once again and we never stopped being one of the more promiment servers around. Maybe we're not the top 10 biggest servers anymore, but I still pride ourselves as being the oldest RSPS in the world (that has any relevance in the RSPS world).

Funny thing. Any time someone would ask me "how long will PkHonor last?", I used to tell them "probably another 2 to 3 years". I kept repeating that for several years. But if you would ask me that very same question again, I will say "another 10 years at the very least, but probably a lot longer".

I will not let PkHonor go offline. There would have to be literally nobody online for a whole year, then I might consider it. But that's not going to happen for many, many years to come.
That's awesome man. There's a lot of people who appreciate you.
:doge:

Hotelbooks
Premium Donator

Post by Hotelbooks » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:42 am

I would probably kill myself. This game cured my depression.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Hotelbooks wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:42 am I would probably kill myself. This game cured my depression.
monkaW

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:52 pm

Patel wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:30 am
Purplerain wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm If this server ever shuts down, i would end my life as well
The people that made you feel welcome will still be around, the game is just the place you happened to meet. There are a bunch of ways to stay in touch; I'm still friends with people who quit long ago. This place does feel like a family quite often, and it has almost always been a great escape for people throughout time. But it's not everything - nurture the relationships you've forged, not your attachment to the game. The game is just pixels, the people you meet are real
Basically saying this game is just a bunch of pixels and should shut down already... I can read between these lines Patel

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:16 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:52 pm
Purplerain wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm If this server ever shuts down, i would end my life as well
The people that made you feel welcome will still be around, the game is just the place you happened to meet. There are a bunch of ways to stay in touch; I'm still friends with people who quit long ago. This place does feel like a family quite often, and it has almost always been a great escape for people throughout time. But it's not everything - nurture the relationships you've forged, not your attachment to the game. The game is just pixels, the people you meet are real
Basically saying this game is just a bunch of pixels and should shut down already... I can read between these lines Patel
patel is toxic we already knew that

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:27 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:16 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:52 pm

patel is toxic we already knew that
Down with Patel!

Justin
Champion

Post by Justin » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:35 am

Shoutout to X Mage tho

Ayeno1
Premium Donator

Post by Ayeno1 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 am

Whiist wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:05 am

The fact that you never gave up trying from the very beginning of PkHonor is great. But perhaps the greatest thing of it all is how many peoples lives this game has changed for the better, and that's pretty cool. :)

Long live PkHonor!!
Kishan;)

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:27 am

The dedication to PkHonor that Mike and Rapsey have is otherworldly. I believe that even if Jagex were to get involved and make attempts to interfere, they would not falter.

Sure, players will come and go, but I’ve never witnessed anyone take as much pride in a game, and love the work they do than both Mike and Rapsey.