What makes PKH so special to you?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Fungamer
Developer

What makes PKH so special to you?

Post by Fungamer » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:55 am

Title^

We've had so much negativity in this section recently, so why not have some positivity? :)

To me it's the community.

We've got our inside jokes and our fun together. Other servers may have that too, but here on PKH people also seem to make lifelong friends that even go beyond being RSPS/OSRS buddies. Also because PKH has been running for so long, some people have literally grown up and matured with the game.

But there's also another community aspect that isn't talked about a lot anymore. Our (old?) slogan: The community driven Runescape Private Server.
Even though we sometimes like to act as if it's not true, we really do have more community involvement in most decisions than other RSPSes.

On another server, owners/developers just add whatever the hell they want (or can copy-paste and slightly alter from source leaks). Here we vote on content, even if it means PKH isn't churning out new content like other servers, we still ultimately get what we want.

The same goes for the staff team. They're pretty much "elected" individuals and are still members of the community. Some servers put their staff on a pedestal and let them get away with anything. On some servers the staff is just whoever brings IRL cash in. On others, it's based on whether or not you're best buds with the owner or staff manager. But not on PKH.

Here, every member of the community can have their say and their opinion about anything, even if it gets met with criticism. As long as it's not a flamefest it's allowed to exist and gets taken into account. I think this really does show the integrity this server has. The content doesn't even really matter to me as long as the integrity is there. It's the community with all the nice people, rivalry and degens that makes PKH so special.

We're like a dysfunctional family - dysfunctional, but still fam.

Anyways, that's what I think. What about you guys?

Jayden
Game Administrator

Re: What makes PKH so special to you?

Post by Jayden » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:59 am

I have never been addicted to drugs but i assume this is what its like which is why its special
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:14 am

I love exposing corruption, and this place is full of it

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:15 am

Probably the players. I've met allot of great people in my years playing, some have left and others have stayed around. This game has a way of drawing you to new people and giving you new experiences every day you log on. Allot of people I used to know have quit but it seems every day I come back on, I've gotten to mean somebody new to share experiences with or just to chat in general.

Somedudedw
Premium Donator

Post by Somedudedw » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 am

I like to kill stuff

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:36 am

gglsp

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:41 am

Mitrovic wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:36 amgglsp
Gglsp tatted on my fucking chest

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:15 am

Out of all the other private servers out there, PkHonor is the only one that succeeds in giving me that nostalgic high. Not even OSRS can do it.
The forums also plays a big part in that special moment. If it weren't for people like @Iron adam, @Fungamer, and @Jousi, I probably wouldn't have been so invested.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 am

Lykos wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:15 am Out of all the other private servers out there, PkHonor is the only one that succeeds in giving me that nostalgic high. Not even OSRS can do it.
The forums also plays a big part in that special moment. If it weren't for people like @Iron adam, @Fungamer, and @Jousi, I probably wouldn't have been so invested.
:wub:

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:50 am

Generally just the community, aswell as the magnificient work that Mike, Rapsey, Thoby are putting in to maintain a great private server, with an amazing community.
as ppl know i started at 2012 so this game has basically grown in me, couldn't even imagine quitting :)