FP and Dicing Poll

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should There Be Flower Poker and Dicing Implemented?

Yes
22%
No
67%
(Flower Poker only)
8%
(Dicing only)
3%

Total votes: 36

Iron adam
Honor Player

Re: FP and Dicing Poll

Post by Iron adam » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:13 am

Brant wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:43 am
M e l 0 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:33 am
Brant wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:31 am There has been multiple threads talking about the addition of fp and dicing before, perhaps @Iron adam or @Monys can link them. I would but I'm at work currently.

I dont see the point in adding them. Gambling should not of been added in a game like this from day one and I will always stand by that. As for bringing new players, I highly doubt that. It's just the same as duel arena except the host has advantage and then it brings in the whole idea of having trusted host and easily leads to more scam possibility. Overall, a bad idea and more then likely will never happen :thumbsdown:
Respectable but it is a feature of the game implemented by Jagex not some custom shit to lure kids into gambling. It is a feature of the game being limited to the masses because of some fragile opinions from a few. Slumpy
Then tell me why it was removed from runescape?? They removed it because it was gambling, while the duel arena wasn't because it was by extention, controllable
It's not a feature it was a mistake that should of never happened. This will not do anything for the server except bring in toxic players which is something we don't need.

I can already tell you are gonna be a fucking prick about it just on how fast you respond and the fact you don't know how to not duplicate post.

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=71658
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=66233
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=40294
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=81699&hilit=Flower+poker
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :triumph:

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:08 am

Iron adam wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:13 am

Respectable but it is a feature of the game implemented by Jagex not some custom shit to lure kids into gambling. It is a feature of the game being limited to the masses because of some fragile opinions from a few. Slumpy
Then tell me why it was removed from runescape?? They removed it because it was gambling, while the duel arena wasn't because it was by extention, controllable
It's not a feature it was a mistake that should of never happened. This will not do anything for the server except bring in toxic players which is something we don't need.

I can already tell you are gonna be a fucking prick about it just on how fast you respond and the fact you don't know how to not duplicate post.

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=71658
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=66233
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=40294
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=81699&hilit=Flower+poker
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :triumph:
@Brant made me lol

They grow up so fast

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:17 am

M e l 0 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:02 am

the jokes write themselves omegalul
+1 to adding fp or dicing via an automated system

But at the same time by the time it is developed the server will be dead so no point even asking..

#cox2025

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:37 am

Gambling has no positives. Duel arena staking is already bad enough in its own.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:05 am

Church wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:37 am Gambling has no positives. Duel arena staking is already bad enough in its own.
Right but it's kinda funny how the bigger rsps' all have custom gambling which is extremely active (and brings in tons of donos from the addicts)

Why not just remove duel arena staking as well then

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:05 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:05 am
Church wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:37 am Gambling has no positives. Duel arena staking is already bad enough in its own.
Right but it's kinda funny how the bigger rsps' all have custom gambling which is extremely active (and brings in tons of donos from the addicts)

It’s easier to not add something than to remove something. I don’t know what Mike and Raps think about staking, but I personally don’t think it encourages long lasting players or a healthy community. At least when pvp invites toxicity there’s a push and pull nature to the game mode.
I don’t have access to much info regarding donations but I imagine staking would have the same issue mobile games often have which is that the micro transactions are almost never spread out greatly among the community and are more focused on the “whales” that spend the most. The rule of thumb being 80/20 (80% of donations coming from 20%) of players. So I think that even if those new types of gambling brought a small influx of donations they wouldn’t create a steady stream of reliable income. Rapsey can feel free to correct me and call me stupid for speculating.
Ultimately I just think gambling is a unhealthy and provides no content for the majority of the player base, but does provide temptation.
Tl;dr I don’t think it would provide any benefit that offsets the harm of people quitting

M e l 0
Premium Donator

Post by M e l 0 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 am

Church wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:05 am

It’s easier to not add something than to remove something. I don’t know what Mike and Raps think about staking, but I personally don’t think it encourages long lasting players or a healthy community. At least when pvp invites toxicity there’s a push and pull nature to the game mode.
I don’t have access to much info regarding donations but I imagine staking would have the same issue mobile games often have which is that the micro transactions are almost never spread out greatly among the community and are more focused on the “whales” that spend the most. The rule of thumb being 80/20 (80% of donations coming from 20%) of players. So I think that even if those new types of gambling brought a small influx of donations they wouldn’t create a steady stream of reliable income. Rapsey can feel free to correct me and call me stupid for speculating.
Ultimately I just think gambling is a unhealthy and provides no content for the majority of the player base, but does provide temptation.
Tl;dr I don’t think it would provide any benefit that offsets the harm of people quitting
Gambling is just as much of a push/pull nature as PKing is or even PVM. Everything in the game relies on RNG even player vs player. I understand your moral and server-economic stance on this but simply shutting down the idea leaves no room for growth or improvement among players who want simple added features in a game that would not affect those who choose not to partake in it at all. If keeping the server at 100 players steady is the end game for ownership then by all means lock this thread, but there is indeed added value to implementing different elements of gambling that already exist on the server. There are people begging to be cleaned at duel arena daily but we cross the line at different venues of this? In my opinion it would just enhance the experience of those who already partake or would like to.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 am

I 100% agree that gambling is toxic and devalues the game but I just can't see why adding various methods of doing so would increase the toxicity. Simply put it just gives them a different way to do it..

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 am

I 100% agree that gambling is toxic and devalues the game but I just can't see why adding various methods of doing so would increase the toxicity. Simply put it just gives them a different way to do it..
Because they are both not 50/50 odds. Both of the options don't add in new content. Honestly, I would have no problem if the duel arena was removed, all it does is give people addictions and leads to rwting. Also, the fact that you want to exploit the addicts for donos is completely sickining.

If you want to gamble, don't do it on this server

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:55 pm

Brant wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:44 pm If you want to gamble, don't do it on this server
Exactly, go play FIFA. :)

Personally I despise how monetization in games is moving towards gambling mechanics. Don't want to become what I hate.