Pkh big dead

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Pkh big dead

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:40 pm

Znoxy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:51 pm i think its fair to say osrs/rsps in general is declining, i assume player avg age is 21+ currently and we busier with irl shit . kids are more into fortnite and other games, sad but its the reality imo
Kids nowadays are attracted to flashy, colorful and "easy" games. No 10 year old will hop on RuneScape to grind 1000 hours for 1 99, you know? That's a huge decline overall for games. Pretty pathetic. Either that or they just google "free cheat [game name]" and then they ruin the game.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:39 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:40 pm
Znoxy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:51 pm i think its fair to say osrs/rsps in general is declining, i assume player avg age is 21+ currently and we busier with irl shit . kids are more into fortnite and other games, sad but its the reality imo
Kids nowadays are attracted to flashy, colorful and "easy" games. No 10 year old will hop on RuneScape to grind 1000 hours for 1 99, you know? That's a huge decline overall for games. Pretty pathetic. Either that or they just google "free cheat [game name]" and then they ruin the game.
Not the whole reasoning, but....

A lot of the more popular RSPSes these days are terrrrribly coded and have terrible gameplay, but people put up with it for

1) clout on release. first to max, etc.
2) prizes offered by the server for various levels of playtime
3) great marketing and graphics
3b) marketed as an easier version of OSRS.
4) gambling

Of course, none of these servers are long lived, but they net a profit and then the same group of people move onto a 'Brand new release!' Then that server dies and the old server is re-released, and people come back for the nostalgia and slightly improved server.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 am

Patel wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:39 pm

A lot of the more popular RSPSes these days are terrrrribly coded and have terrible gameplay, but people put up with it for

4) gambling

Of course, none of these servers are long lived, but they net a profit and then the same group of people move onto a 'Brand new release!' Then that server dies and the old server is re-released, and people come back for the nostalgia and slightly improved server.
This is untrue.

The current #1rsps is very similar to osrs with very few changes which make the game better, and guess what they have a huge emphasis on pking. Has around 1.2k max players daily and basically a log in and pk system

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:48 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 am

4) gambling

This is untrue.

The current #1rsps is very similar to osrs with very few changes which make the game better, and guess what they have a huge emphasis on pking. Has around 1.2k max players daily and basically a log in and pk system
Well yeah, that's why it's #1. How many of the top 10 is that true for? How about top 30? Guaranteed that a majority of the Top 30 servers will not be there next year.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:54 am

Patel wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:48 pm

4) gambling

This is untrue.

Well yeah, that's why it's #1. How many of the top 10 is that true for? How about top 30? Guaranteed that a majority of the Top 30 servers will not be there next year.
While I agree somewhat, looking at the list quiet a few of them atleast a few years old, and I mean people love fresh starts, people love new servers for the chance that they can become the "eco". Or first to do something, and whilst it is something to be proud about having a server up for 10 years, I don't think it's eexactly am amazing feat.

People obviously don't like playing the same server since pkhonor has maxed out at like 150 online (I know it spiked with covid but literally everything did). Now I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I love this server and so many others do as well. We are just over playing the same content and witnessing the same bugs/problems that have been around for yonks

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:55 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:54 am
Patel wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:48 pm

This is untrue.

While I agree somewhat, looking at the list quiet a few of them atleast a few years old, and I mean people love fresh starts, people love new servers for the chance that they can become the "eco". Or first to do something, and whilst it is something to be proud about having a server up for 10 years, I don't think it's eexactly am amazing feat.

People obviously don't like playing the same server since pkhonor has maxed out at like 150 online (I know it spiked with covid but literally everything did). Now I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I love this server and so many others do as well. We are just over playing the same content and witnessing the same bugs/problems that have been around for yonks
Ye I agree as well, I began with "not the whole reasoning" because of things like this. There are a lot of reasons PkHonor isn't #1 despite all its merits when compared to other servers, but this 'moving playerbase' that goes from cashgrab to cashgrab is definitely one of them. Those folks don't want a server like PkHonor, they're hooked on the cashgrabs

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:23 am

Lmao come here talking when the server peaks at 50 concurrent players max with frequent dips as low as 2-4 players at a time.
The server didn't die then and it's certainly not dead now.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:46 pm

We are #PkHonorStrong

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 am

Patel wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:39 pm 2) prizes offered by the server for various levels of playtime
Ey yo, can we do that here? I like this idea.

Diskid
Honor Player

Post by Diskid » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 am

PKH probably isn't gonna die, but for me it's dead. The general direction of the server is not really enjoyable for me ( focused more on PVM rather then PVP) for a server called pkhonor. don't forget the unpolished nature of alot of the content, its extremely jarring going from tob which is well coded to nex which is an embarrassment to even be called nex.

Maybe i'm speculating, but to me it seems like this server is creatively bankrupt with every content update just being ripped straight from osrs with no changes. though this isn't really a problem unique to pkhonor, since everyone and thier grandmother has to copy osrs.