Pathing - input needed

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Mike
Programmer

Pathing - input needed

Post by Mike » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:10 pm

Once again, I would like to give our good old pathing issues another round of improvements. To that end, I'd like to know what the current known issues around pathing are. Videos or posts to relevant bug reports are most appreciated. Please explain the issues as clearly and in as much detail as possible.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: Pathing - input needed

Post by Elon musky » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:01 am

Credits to @Brant

Could we give pets and butler the same pathing as players? It would seem much cleaner than their current extreme delays.

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=82468&p=729563&hil ... ng#p729563

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:02 am

Elon musky wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:01 am Credits to @Brant

Could we give pets and butler the same pathing as players? It would seem much cleaner than their current extreme delays.

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=82468&p=729563&hil ... ng#p729563
I was actually about to post that earlier before I had to head to work. :thumbsup:

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Not actively playing recently but I might hop on and see if I can get some example clips.

Still got this somewhat recent example, probably still the case.
#Justice4Church

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:06 pm

The underdog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm Not actively playing recently but I might hop on and see if I can get some example clips.

Still got this somewhat recent example, probably still the case.

Think I managed to fix this one at least. Hoping the fix won't introduce any new pathing bugs, but we'll find out soon enough.

Now trying to fix the pet/butler one aswell. Please let me know if there's any others that you guys can find.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:05 pm

Iron adam wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:16 pm viewtopic.php?f=67&t=82352
I knew I had seen this particular topic before, but somehow I couldn't find it anymore when I was looking for pathing bugs (that topic of yours was actually the reason I wanted to do another round of pathing bugfixes in the first place). Guess I must be legally blind or something. Thank you, I'll see what I can do :)

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 am

@Mike I cba logging in to get footage but in the rev caves if you are against a wall or close to a wall and try to attack a rev on the other side you either get stuck on the wall or get stuck then no clip through the wall, pathing in revs in general is shitty even trying to navigate around the walls to get to revs/players

Crimson king
Premium Donator

Post by Crimson king » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:19 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a video recording program but I'll give two examples:

1. TOB
In the Nylo room, when you try to melee attack a grey nylo that is moving, you will run up to it and then instead of attacking it, continue to walk after it until it stops before you can attack it.

2. Inferno
Pathing problem occurs at the beginning of a wave, when nibblers spawn on the West side and go to attack the North West pillar. If you are out of their range and attempt to barrage them, instead of running up to them you will just walk after them.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:20 pm

Crimson king wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:19 pm Unfortunately I don't have a video recording program but I'll give two examples:

1. TOB
In the Nylo room, when you try to melee attack a grey nylo that is moving, you will run up to it and then instead of attacking it, continue to walk after it until it stops before you can attack it.

2. Inferno
Pathing problem occurs at the beginning of a wave, when nibblers spawn on the West side and go to attack the North West pillar. If you are out of their range and attempt to barrage them, instead of running up to them you will just walk after them.
Fixed this as well, again hoping that the fix doesn't introduce any new bugs :D thank you!