Pathing - input needed

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Brant
Fanatic

Re: Pathing - input needed

Post by Brant » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:53 pm

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:20 pm
Crimson king wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:19 pm Unfortunately I don't have a video recording program but I'll give two examples:

1. TOB
In the Nylo room, when you try to melee attack a grey nylo that is moving, you will run up to it and then instead of attacking it, continue to walk after it until it stops before you can attack it.

2. Inferno
Pathing problem occurs at the beginning of a wave, when nibblers spawn on the West side and go to attack the North West pillar. If you are out of their range and attempt to barrage them, instead of running up to them you will just walk after them.
Fixed this as well, again hoping that the fix doesn't introduce any new bugs :D thank you!
Oh, thank god!

Vitoc
Premium Donator

Post by Vitoc » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:38 pm

Not sure if this is pathing related....

Occasionally (maybe 1 out of 20 times), when I teleport into my poh the butler will not follow me. I'm not sure what causes this and I'm unable to replicate it on demand. I apologize for the minimal detail, it's difficult to troubleshoot this issue.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:28 pm

Vitoc wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:38 pm Not sure if this is pathing related....

Occasionally (maybe 1 out of 20 times), when I teleport into my poh the butler will not follow me. I'm not sure what causes this and I'm unable to replicate it on demand. I apologize for the minimal detail, it's difficult to troubleshoot this issue.
There was a post made about this, I think @Raj saying something about it being when you teleport there but not the pathing, if I can find the post, I'll link it

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 pm

Brant wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:28 pm There was a post made about this, I think @Raj saying something about it being when you teleport there but not the pathing, if I can find the post, I'll link it
Yeah mines the same sometimes, I'm 90% sure it's cause I did some weird shit with my garden when building my house because I moved my garden a bunch of times and after that that bug started happening where the butler would spawn in the original garden location (now my portal room) or just won't follow me or whatever. Pretty sure it's not a pathing bug

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 pm
Brant wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:28 pm There was a post made about this, I think @Raj saying something about it being when you teleport there but not the pathing, if I can find the post, I'll link it
Yeah mines the same sometimes, I'm 90% sure it's cause I did some weird shit with my garden when building my house because I moved my garden a bunch of times and after that that bug started happening where the butler would spawn in the original garden location (now my portal room) or just won't follow me or whatever. Pretty sure it's not a pathing bug
Edit: found the link I was thinking of. Turns out this problem has been around for quite a while actually. back in 2018. Also, I was wrong about who the OP was, but eh I was sorta right.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=80698&p=709795&hil ... er#p708401

Vitoc
Premium Donator

Post by Vitoc » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:48 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 pm
That could be the case, because I've also moved/deleted the original portal.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Most of the reported bugs should now be fixed in today's update. If any new bugs arise, or if we overlooked anything, please let us know!

Hoping
Known Venturer

Post by Hoping » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:06 am

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but in pvp aspect , if you go to barrage/entangle, and u splash, it’s still not updating to the spot where you should be, and basically if you splash the first barrage, your target had a good good chance of getting away, because it just stops unless you try and re freeze, also, say u splash and click follow, more times than not it will stop you running all together . It does get very annoying, but I know it’s not easy so that’s why I’m here posting, thanks in advance

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:03 am

So who's gonna ask about the big old elephant in the room where your true tile on OSRS is different from the one your character appears to be standing on (and it'll let you do a mage or range attack while technically moving your true tile, causing your player to fly through their path at an absurd speed if timed properly)

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:54 am

nyco thing still happening