Recently returned, Can ironman be removed?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Adept aura
Premium Donator

Recently returned, Can ironman be removed?

Post by Adept aura » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:04 pm

I have recently returned to PKhonor, i originally made an iron man account and just want to play a normal account now. Is there anyway i can get ironman removed or will i need to make a new account?

Many Thanks

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Re: Recently returned, Can ironman be removed?

Post by Uim legolas » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:09 pm

U'll have to make a new account! An ironman status can not be removed.

Welcome back and goodluck!

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:14 am

Adept aura wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:04 pm I have recently returned to PKhonor, i originally made an iron man account and just want to play a normal account now. Is there anyway i can get ironman removed or will i need to make a new account?

Many Thanks
Can't be removed but you can die to yourself in the wilderness with all your items to receive alch value on your main account :)

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:51 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:14 am Can't be removed but you can die to yourself in the wilderness with all your items to receive alch value on your main account :)
And risk punishment for abusing the game mechanics.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:22 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:51 am
Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:14 am Can't be removed but you can die to yourself in the wilderness with all your items to receive alch value on your main account :)
And risk punishment for abusing the game mechanics.
Oh sorry, I thought it was legal since one of our YouTubers does it

https://youtu.be/m1-J9kSb5Is

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:36 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:22 am Oh sorry, I thought it was legal since one of our YouTubers does it

I'm not sure why people would assume that. It's clearly using a trick to bypass a game restriction. The only reason irons drop wealth in PvP is because it would be unfair to PK'ers if they always got nothing for PK'ing an ironman. If transferring wealth off of an iron was meant to be a thing then you wouldn't need to resort to such a workaround to do it. It would just be supported, like transferring credits to an ironman is, or we would make it possible to convert an ironman to a regular account.

Doing this is exactly the same as using alts to complete PvP achievements or farm CW tickets. Yes, it's possible, but that doesn't mean it's allowed.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:53 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:36 am
Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:22 am Oh sorry, I thought it was legal since one of our YouTubers does it

I'm not sure why people would assume that. It's clearly using a trick to bypass a game restriction. The only reason irons drop wealth in PvP is because it would be unfair to PK'ers if they always got nothing for PK'ing an ironman. If transferring wealth off of an iron was meant to be a thing then you wouldn't need to resort to such a workaround to do it. It would just be supported, like transferring credits to an ironman is, or we would make it possible to convert an ironman to a regular account.

Doing this is exactly the same as using alts to complete PvP achievements or farm CW tickets. Yes, it's possible, but that doesn't mean it's allowed.
I wouldn't exactly call it a trick but okay.

Also, I don't think the community is aware that this is rule breaking, mmost people I know that have played irons got bored of then and xfered the wealth back to their main accounts. Maybe this should be made clear instead of one of those bendy line in the sand kinda rules

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:59 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:53 am Also, I don't think the community is aware that this is rule breaking, mmost people I know that have played irons got bored of then and xfered the wealth back to their main accounts. Maybe this should be made clear instead of one of those bendy line in the sand kinda rules
Sounds like a @Ryan thing... but I also wouldn't be surprised if it takes some time cause it's probably gonna require some discussion...

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:09 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:53 am Also, I don't think the community is aware that this is rule breaking, mmost people I know that have played irons got bored of then and xfered the wealth back to their main accounts. Maybe this should be made clear instead of one of those bendy line in the sand kinda rules
Evidently not.

I'm pretty sure there's only one solution here: just make it impossible.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:11 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:09 am
Evidently not.

I'm pretty sure there's only one solution here: just make it impossible.
Brb xfering all my wealth from my iron