A few things about the players privacy in the last update

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Respire1337
Premium Donator

A few things about the players privacy in the last update

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Why can't we check other players points, streak, credits, etc? Those stuff aren't really related to "privacy". It's just a fun way to showcase your points to others. I would personally suggest to have those commands be brought back to everyone, not only to admins. The other privacies, are 100% and much needed. Thank you for those.

However, with the restrictions added to honors about players in the wilderness, moderators have also gotten restrictions about players in the wilderness. We can no longer teleport to someone while they're inside wilderness. This should be reverted to what it was before.

Also please, let moderators be able to teleport to honor accounts ( but obviously not vice-versa).

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: A few things about the players privacy in the last update

Post by Rapsey » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:42 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:37 pm Why can't we check other players points, streak, credits, etc? Those stuff aren't really related to "privacy".
Being able to see how much someone has isn't related to privacy? In that case please give me a command to see how much money you have in your real life bank account.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:42 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:37 pm Why can't we check other players points, streak, credits, etc? Those stuff aren't really related to "privacy".
Being able to see how much someone has isn't related to privacy? In that case please give me a command to see how much money you have in your real life bank account.
It's just points? Nothing related to bank wealth. It's a totally different thing

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:47 pm It's just points? Nothing related to bank wealth. It's a totally different thing
It's just a different currency. It's exactly the same thing. "It's none of your business to know this information about me" is pretty much the definition of privacy.

Of course I'm aware of the inconsistency of honors still being able to check people's banks but that's only because we don't want to render them useless after so many people have paid for them. If it was only about privacy that ability would be going out the window as well.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:07 pm

All I'm saying is that no one has EVER complained about their points being checked. People were happy to show off with their points. There lies my confusion on why those command were changed.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:07 pm All I'm saying is that no one has EVER complained about their points being checked. People were happy to show off with their points. There lies my confusion on why those command were changed.
I don't understand why people can still see how many hours someone has. They bully me for my godlike virgin hours.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:25 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:07 pm All I'm saying is that no one has EVER complained about their points being checked. People were happy to show off with their points. There lies my confusion on why those command were changed.
This was an abused mechanic, so it got restricted. No big deal.

Ur nans hc
Premium Donator

Post by Ur nans hc » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:56 pm

I agree, allow others to check vote points, slayer points, pkp, donor credits. Of course under the same revision with them having their private turned on or being on their friends list etc.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:18 pm
I don't understand why people can still see how many hours someone has. They bully me for my godlike virgin hours.
LOL I love you, you're my godlike virgin timeplayed buddy

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:50 am

Legolas thought we used that to track him in the wilderness. Not that we did or even can anymore. But theoretically could have used it.

This privacy update overall is whatever, huge honor nerf but if it makes people happy it's fine with me. Compared to how insanely op honor status was in the past it's kinda annoying that the price went up big time. But still worth if you utilize it properly.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18