Donator and Premium status

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Brant
Fanatic

Re: Donator and Premium status

Post by Brant » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:34 pm lol

Ez merch

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:20 pm

YEP

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:54 pm

no support

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:55 pm

Well, we're not going to do any kind of price fixing.

How about this: we reshuffle the benefits of the statuses, putting all the "must have" benefits for new players into the donator status while making the premium status for "nice to have" benefits or things that only become relevant after you've already progressed a fair amount. We then lower the credit cost of the donator status from 2000 to 500 credits and hope this lowers the market value from 12B to 3B.

So basically you don't really need a premium status anymore and by the time you want one you can afford it.

Which leads me to the question: what is it that makes the current donator/premium status perceived as must-have items for new players? Surely it's not the ability to use max hit dummies, the increase in PoH rooms, the ability to purchase max/comp cape and so on.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:36 am

Rapsey wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:55 pm Well, we're not going to do any kind of price fixing.

How about this: we reshuffle the benefits of the statuses, putting all the "must have" benefits for new players into the donator status while making the premium status for "nice to have" benefits or things that only become relevant after you've already progressed a fair amount. We then lower the credit cost of the donator status from 2000 to 500 credits and hope this lowers the market value from 12B to 3B.

So basically you don't really need a premium status anymore and by the time you want one you can afford it.

Which leads me to the question: what is it that makes the current donator/premium status perceived as must-have items for new players? Surely it's not the ability to use max hit dummies, the increase in PoH rooms, the ability to purchase max/comp cape and so on.
Max cape is the big one imo. I frequently see new players surprised by the fact that they need premium for max cape. They complain about it being P2W. Then someone informs them, "oh dont worry you can buy it with ingame gp, you dont need to donate." Then they see that it is 10b+ per status.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:39 am

Rapsey wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:55 pm Well, we're not going to do any kind of price fixing.

Perhaps move these from prem to donor:
Spoiler: show
  • 5% bonus XP to any skills trained inside the Skilling Center
  • Access to a shop with valuable items (dragon axe, inferno adze, 3rd age equipment, robin hood hat, ...)
  • The ability to use the Inferno Adze, the best axe/pickaxe in the game. Burns all logs, granting firemaking XP. The fastest way to obtain PkHonor Points in the game
  • Access to the Frost Dragon Cave (accessible through your Player-Owned House Portal room)
  • Access to the Corporeal Beast (dropping all kinds of spirit shields as well as other valuable items)
  • The ability to mine runite ore inside the Skilling Center
  • The ability to use magic secateurs for easy farming access, 15% bonus farming XP and 15% higher harvest yield
  • 100% bonus Zulrah's scales when killing Zulrah
  • Another 25% bonus vote points when voting (10 instead of 8) not sure how your ideas about changing voting would affect this
  • The ability to purchase the Max Cape and Completionist Cape, provided you have completed all other requirements
That's not all the benefits, of course, and not all of them are seen as super necessary. But they're ones I'd pick from for sure, especially that last one.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:54 am

Church wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:39 am Perhaps move these from prem to donor:
  • Access to a shop with valuable items (dragon axe, inferno adze, 3rd age equipment, robin hood hat, ...)
  • The ability to use the Inferno Adze, the best axe/pickaxe in the game. Burns all logs, granting firemaking XP. The fastest way to obtain PkHonor Points in the game
  • Access to the Frost Dragon Cave (accessible through your Player-Owned House Portal room)
  • Access to the Corporeal Beast (dropping all kinds of spirit shields as well as other valuable items)
  • The ability to use magic secateurs for easy farming access, 15% bonus farming XP and 15% higher harvest yield
  • Another 25% bonus vote points when voting (10 instead of 8) not sure how your ideas about changing voting would affect this
  • The ability to purchase the Max Cape and Completionist Cape, provided you have completed all other requirements
That's not all the benefits, of course, and not all of them are seen as super necessary. But they're ones I'd pick from for sure, especially that last one.
And which ones would you move from donator to premium? We're not just going to throw nearly all of the benefits in the donator status while also making it a lot cheaper.

IMO things like the 5% bonus XP in skilling center, ability to mine runite ore inside the skilling center, 100% bonus Zulrah scales etc are not things that hold back new players if they don't have it (and therefore shouldn't be moved). The bonus vote points will be going away for all statuses anyway.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:21 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:54 am
And which ones would you move from donator to premium? We're not just going to throw nearly all of the benefits in the donator status while also making it a lot cheaper.

IMO things like the 5% bonus XP in skilling center, ability to mine runite ore inside the skilling center, 100% bonus Zulrah scales etc are not things that hold back new players if they don't have it (and therefore shouldn't be moved). The bonus vote points will be going away for all statuses anyway.
  • Access to a shop with cosmetic items (gilded dragon armour, flowers, hats, scarfs, ...)
  • The ability to block up to 5 NPC's from being assigned as a slayer task
  • 40% bonus PkHonor Points and Pest Control Points when killing the WildyWyrm (105 PKP and 35 PCP instead of 75 PKP and 25 PCP)
  • 20% discount on using the Ancient Curses prayer book (80 PkHonor Points per hour instead of 100)
These are the ones that feel like "nice to haves" that I would personally care about, but that last one is kind of eh to be honest. The donor ones are already currently pretty low tier all things considered.

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 am

free zulrah acces :)

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:13 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:54 am

Make wooly hats premium.