Dragon Spear

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Dragon Spear

Post by Rapsey » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 pm

I'm curious, since there's been some talk about this item lately. As far as I know the Dragon Spear is one of those niche weapons that only has one use: spec'ing someone away from an escape in the Wilderness. So what I'm wondering is, what is it that makes our D Spear broken compared to OSRS?

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Re: Dragon Spear

Post by Thierryu1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:51 pm

I thought the mentality of a pker is that if you die by it or it brings minor inconvenience that it's by default instantly broken.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 pm

There are two separate things that could be "broken".
  • Are the dragon spear mechanics on PkHonor the same as OSRS?
  • Does pkhonor have too many mechanics that favor the pker? (with the dragon spear being one of them)
any pkers want to weigh in...?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:22 pm

Iron adam wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 pm There are two separate things that could be "broken".
  • Are the dragon spear mechanics on PkHonor the same as OSRS?
  • Does pkhonor have too many mechanics that favor the pker? (with the dragon spear being one of them)
any pkers want to weigh in...?
Indeed. I thought the D Spear mechanics were the same, but I could be wrong.
It could be that the expiry of a TB is too predictable, but I thought that was also the case on OSRS.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:13 pm

A few weeks\months ago, there was a thing ( especially with the zamorakian spear\hasta ) that pretty much made you able to continuously stun and bind, with no cooldown. For short, you were able to freeze\bind someone, and right before the bind timer would expire, you were able to use the spear to stun someone. Right before the stun would expire, then you were able to bind\freeze again. And so on and so forth, people were able to stun+bind without letting your opponent do any moves, keeping them in that 1 place forever. Not to mention not being able to eat\drink potions while being stunned.

As far as I know, I do not recall this thing happening here, but I might be wrong... ( this thing was patched in OSRS however)

Ensignor
Premium Donator

Post by Ensignor » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:47 pm

As far as I know, the dragon spear was meant to be a multi weapon used to stun players from other teams to pile them and do as much damage as possible for 3 seconds but people realised this could be stacked with bind spells since there was no immunity to it and it became OP.

Recently, OSRS combatted this by giving the player being stunned a 1 tick immunity after the special attack to eat or pray or whatever and a 5 tick immunity to bind spells so the player specing with the d spear wouldnt be able to freeze the other player right away.

I haven't deep pked in a while but when I did there was 1 player who actively did this (not sure if there's more now) but this is stupidly OP especially at the mage bank lever where if you time your teleblock you can push the other player from the lever with the d spear spec and freeze him in that spot and you'll have another 20 seconds to re-tb him. This makes it next to impossible to escape.

Same thing applied when a player is frozen and you have d spear, you can effectively hold him in place for 4x 20 seconds which can allow a lot of time for dps.

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:54 pm

There are two uses for the d spear.

1: Spearing people in a multi zone is an effictive way to take out opponents if your cc members pile them during the stun.
I do find this annoying, but that's just part of multi to me. Don't see anything wrong with this.

2: Spearing someone away from something.
Now as you saw in our previous discussion, I feel like this, at a lever like mage bank, makes it possible to retb people trying to get out. The Underdog might claim to know methods around it, but I don't share that opinion.

Now for the comparison to Osrs, I think people, and certainly HCIM, have way less reason to spend hours and hours at mage bank compared to Pkhonor. If you want to do wildy ach as a solo player, which is needed for comp, you have to kill a lot of wildy bosses. We have 1 singles spawner and 3 multi spawners. Forcing people to go mage bank if they want a chance at survival.

I see two solutions to this.

We could move 1 of the 3 multi spawners to 35-38 singles line. This makes irons not have to depend on a lever to survive.

Or we could code something on the tile next to the lever, so the d spear only stuns you, and not pushes you away from the lever.

Either way I'd leave the d spear exactly how it is.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:29 am

Pulled from the osrs wiki

The effects of this special are non-stackable, meaning that players cannot use the spear's special attack on a target who is already stunned. Stunned players are also given a one tick (0.6 seconds) period of immunity after a stun wears off in which they cannot be stunned again. In addition to this, as soon as the stun wears off, the stunned player is also granted a 5 tick (3.0 seconds) period of immunity against being bound in place by binding spells like Entangle or Ice Barrage.

What I find weird is I watched the other week @The underdog and @Arrsenic trial a d spear, the underdog was able to eat between specs, where as arrsenic and I where unable to eat, regardless of spam clicking food.

Now I know arrsenic and I have higher ping but one would think that if you are spamming food, regardless of when you are meant to eat one of your many clicks should go through?

I do have a video of this I'm able to post this afternoon if you wish. (Was at edge only 1 person spearing)

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:00 am

I personally think our d spear is pretty fine , it is not as simple to make use of it to call it "broken" .

First. to drag a player from singles combat zone to multi combat zone requires some serious effort (considering u need to be on the right tile to push to the right side) , having 4 special attacks only making the margin of error smaller and smaller in order to do such thing .

Second , talking about mage bank lever thing , in order to do a reteleblock it has also a thin margin of error where the pker has to time the teleblock duration , and calculate when he has to go for the reteleblock , two scenarios can happen here , either the pker's retb lands and the other player gonna have to find a diff way to escape rather than the lever , or the teleblock splashes which happens TOO OFTEN because of the magic accuracy issues we face in the game .

To sum up i think its few players that managed to find the best use of d spear and made it look broken , i seriously cant think of more than 2-3 names that does that , nevertheless , i still agree with legolas about the irons spawner thing because a retb on a pvmer is usually a guaranteed kill . (considering the dmg ancient curses prayers can do over 2.5mins or 5mins teleblock duration) , and about what stale fish have written i was completely shocked how other players can eat while getting speared where me my self couldnt do anything , then it turned out to be a ping related issue which i really would appreciate to get fixed in anyway possible .

Id say keep d spear the way it is and fix the other things that is related to its effect .
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 am

Arrsenic wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:00 am I personally think our d spear is pretty fine , it is not as simple to make use of it to call it "broken" .

First. to drag a player from singles combat zone to multi combat zone requires some serious effort (considering u need to be on the right tile to push to the right side) , having 4 special attacks only making the margin of error smaller and smaller in order to do such thing .

Second , talking about mage bank lever thing , in order to do a reteleblock it has also a thin margin of error where the pker has to time the teleblock duration , and calculate when he has to go for the reteleblock , two scenarios can happen here , either the pker's retb lands and the other player gonna have to find a diff way to escape rather than the lever , or the teleblock splashes which happens TOO OFTEN because of the magic accuracy issues we face in the game .

To sum up i think its few players that managed to find the best use of d spear and made it look broken , i seriously cant think of more than 2-3 names that does that , nevertheless , i still agree with legolas about the irons spawner thing because a retb on a pvmer is usually a guaranteed kill . (considering the dmg ancient curses prayers can do over 2.5mins or 5mins teleblock duration) , and about what stale fish have written i was completely shocked how other players can eat while getting speared where me my self couldnt do anything , then it turned out to be a ping related issue which i really would appreciate to get fixed in anyway possible .

Id say keep d spear the way it is and fix the other things that is related to its effect .
I think it might be a bit more than a ping related issue, from what I read on the wiki players receive a 1 tick window to eat between specs, also in multi on here you can stack multiple spears which guarantees that a player can't eat where as on osrs you can't stack multiple spears. I think this is much like my teleblock spell revamp suggestion. We should just make it up to date with the osrs mechanics (ours where the same but after some bug fixes/consideration osrs changed their mechanics for said items)