Dragon Spear

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Empty
Honor Player

Re: Dragon Spear

Post by Empty » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:13 am

dragon spear is fully balanced and you can eat between spears and also teleport out, you just gotta get the timing out well for the eating, teleporting can done while u getting stunned for some reason.
what it comes to infinite spears with spec transfer/leech is kind of broken though but idk if that should be changed.
I feel like the dragon spear does not need a change.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 am

Empty pot wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:13 am dragon spear is fully balanced and you can eat between spears and also teleport out, you just gotta get the timing out well for the eating, teleporting can done while u getting stunned for some reason.
what it comes to infinite spears with spec transfer/leech is kind of broken though but idk if that should be changed.
I feel like the dragon spear does not need a change.
Ohh, so remove\disable curse prayers in PVP? Sure thing. Support :thumbsup:

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:53 am

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 am Ohh, so remove\disable curse prayers in PVP? Sure thing. Support :thumbsup:
maybe not that, but make it so you can't leech special attack if you hit 0s, so for example you wouldn't be able to get your special attack energy back when hitting with dragon spear...

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Empty pot wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:53 am
Respire1337 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 am Ohh, so remove\disable curse prayers in PVP? Sure thing. Support :thumbsup:
maybe not that, but make it so you can't leech special attack if you hit 0s, so for example you wouldn't be able to get your special attack energy back when hitting with dragon spear...
It's already like that.

Idk what yall think is beyond broken, apart that you can't eat trough it depending on your ping or something. Example I'm going tryhard with the tb timer and I know the second it expires. Without you being frozen and 1 second before it expires I spear you away from the magebank lever and then cast a new teleblock. That's the same after a nerf. The osrs map is balanced to magebank being a dangerous place. Therefore ardy lever is balanced to be unable being speared away from.

The difference we have from osrs is that that side of the wilderness is more doodoo than for us. We have frosts and a magebank spawner. Thus more often do you end up at magebank lever. But we also have way easier escapes, free 99 magic and cheap ass magic defensive gear. You use the magebank spawner by choice, it's already an ez escape if you come prepared.

Dragon spear adds a whole dimension to pking that gives room for a lot of creativity and skill. Osrs had this for years on end, we've had it since the dawn of time too. To do it effectively you need rng on your side, perfect timing which you can only achieve by feel on a lot of experience and preferably a whole clan. It's only op if it's a clan doing it, it's a lot of hard teamwork under pressure and it's a risky choice that instead of going for the kill right away you decide to sacrifice damage output for this strategy.

Infinity spearing, is the only true issue in theory I feel. But once again you're relying on rng, you sacrifice 100+ damage worth of spec energy to hit 0 instead where you buy yourself time to get the kill. This is only worth doing if your opponent is close too close to a teleport to kill him in time. How often does it happen? I can't even remember the last time somebody was killed by it. You'd use a dragon spear spec to counter things like infinite ladder or lever hopping, spearing somebody away from the loot pile of a fallen clan member, spear him to a more favorable spot he's right next to like multi or away from a dead tile that's almost a safespot. It's a situational thing instead of a blowpipe fits all meme. Just what we want right. Lmao but yeah osrs changed it because it gotten out of hand, tbs on people in pvp zones who just gotten kills like pvp world grand exchange. Different mechanics at work too. We can follow the osrs change just because that's always better hmm.

Either way if it's just one person doing it you got ways to escape it, but if you are in pure meta to tank pker meta then when a pker brings something off meta like this you're unprepared for it. That's why it's good. But if every pker goes around with this setup then you might want to adjust your tanking setup too and it won't be good anymore. For example you're unfrozen and you know I will spear you next, if you have a spear yourself then you can counter spear me, or you go for magic defensive equipment since you 100% know what the next 3 attacks will be. All while you got time to say unequip your negative magic torags, protect magic or call for help because you got time to talk when the max damage on you for 10 entire seconds is a 25.

And if it's multiple people on your ass then instead of spearing they can invest that time into tbing instead and/or do maximum damage instead of spending specs hitting 0s.

It's also an extra inventory spot so the pker has less food, it requires max magic setup to pull off and it's a game of chance where if I have 70% chance to freeze then you got 30% chance that I wasted 50% of my spec and 10 valuable seconds. Having this chance every 15-18 seconds is bound to go in your favor once especially if you brought magic defensive equipment like a spectral to have way better odds.

It's a 2 handed weapon so no shield/ely meaning the pker is exposed to anyone else attacking them. Or he brings a hasta which is a lot more risk and only happened 10 times in 10 years.

As a solo pvmer you're simply going to be pulling on the short end of the stick. And you'll hate anything a pker can kill you with while the pker hates everything you can escape with. But with the same money worth of equipment, experience and luck if your goal is escaping then you're always the more likely to escape. But of course all pvmers in wilderness risk fuck all and the only problem is when the stakes are super high since you're a hcim. But a hcim on here has a lot more options and is a lot safer than a hcim on osrs. Remember why you get a spawner in the first place, not just to have a get out of jail free card and farm iron inflated wildy rewards.
#Justice4Church

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:56 pm

You're attacking pvmers with -200 magic defense without losing any ticks to food because they're just brew tanking. Making the case that "it's easy to escape in any situation so this is fine" is both incorrect and completely irrelevant.

No offense to anyone saying the mechanics on the dspear are completely fine, but you're all in the same clan, which coincidentally has like 30 different tb alts systematically named and located for easy logins. I'm not saying you're willing to engage in generally annoying tactics for entertainment or gain or whatever, but I'm also having a hard time thinking these responses are unbiased and won't directly benefit the way you use alts to pk.

Hot take, I don't think the dspear should actually work in singles. Or alternatively, if it's used in singles, the target can't be frozen/binded for a short time.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:35 pm

I didn't post earlier because I thought meh I'm biased for it anyways but so are all these pvmers that want guaranteed escapes or vote for anything that could theoretically be a nerf to Roddy cc. And since I'm the only person ever effectively doing this with not even a positive success ratio on it, who else is going to voice this side of the fence. Just try it yourself for once, I'm willing to volunteer as pvmer. I mean we could make it like osrs if anything, it's already the same apart for one thing. We're also removing the magebank spawner while we're at it because osrs doesn't have it :notsureif:
I'm not necessarily against changing it as long as it's done out of balancing and if it's not for that reason then it should be give and take.

And if those pvmers on -200 magic defense that's by choice as I said, it's purely relying on the current meta of vls specs and 'they'll splash anyways'. So if you go off meta as a pker against such a setup that's called an epic gamer move.
#Justice4Church

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:16 pm

The underdog wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:35 pm I didn't post earlier because I thought meh I'm biased for it anyways but so are all these pvmers that want guaranteed escapes or vote for anything that could theoretically be a nerf to Roddy cc. And since I'm the only person ever effectively doing this with not even a positive success ratio on it, who else is going to voice this side of the fence. Just try it yourself for once, I'm willing to volunteer as pvmer. I mean we could make it like osrs if anything, it's already the same apart for one thing. We're also removing the magebank spawner while we're at it because osrs doesn't have it :notsureif:
I'm not necessarily against changing it as long as it's done out of balancing and if it's not for that reason then it should be give and take.

And if those pvmers on -200 magic defense that's by choice as I said, it's purely relying on the current meta of vls specs and 'they'll splash anyways'. So if you go off meta as a pker against such a setup that's called an epic gamer move.
I've done it many times myself and know it's very possible.
But if you read my previous comment, I'm not suggesting to change anything about this mechanic, im just asking for a spawner that doesn't make you depend on a lever for single players.