State of PkHonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: State of PkHonor

Post by Rapsey » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 am

On the usernames, I agree with what others have said. The line most be drawn somewhere and this can only be judged on a case by case basis, but there is a big difference between attacks on a person (i.e. harassment) and a parody. I think the latter should be allowed or we risk turning this into a no-fun zone. Only when a username is used to convey an insult to another player should it be taken down. That bring said, this is more like a spectrum than a black-or-white thing so there will always be names that are borderline, making it a judgement call for staff to allow them or not. No real way around that I'm afraid.
Thierryu1 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:31 pm Every single day the same people hating the same person (cc) and when that person logs out they start talking shit about him and the cc behind their back.
The dox threats that came out of this and just the nonstop continues-no-end-in-sight "bantering" in yell day in and day out are tiresome and not a nice look for new people that log in and see yell spammed about sad little things getting stretched way out of proportion. (This also still goes on on Discord).
I agree that banter and light flaming should not be punished but to make up a gazillion reports on certain people or attack them personally or try to bait/flame just out of pure spite is tiresome to look at, hear about etc etc. Yes I could close my yell or put each person on ignore but that seems more like turning your head away and act like it's not happening anymore.

Nobody is perfect on here, lord knows I ain't a saint whatsoever, but I and many others (most of them not pkers) know when to stop. Pking has the abillity to keep a fire going and that's imo where the problem lies. The fact you get killed by the person you don't like is something that can keep you in a cycle of retaliation what on a small server like this can become personal quite fast. I don't think there is much to do about it but that's pretty much what I see as an outsider looking in.

Again, obvious banter and inside humor are a whole different story and it's pretty obvious when it's one or the other going on in yell. I'm not defending anyone here because yes, those people who get attacked are no saints either but the way it's handled right now is not how I think it should be handled. But I don't know at this moment how to effectively approach this.
As far as I know every credible doxing threat is punished severely. As for everything else you indicated, that sounds more like people being disagreeable and quarrelsome. I agree, it is tiresome and I also wish they would give it a rest. But I wouldn't go so far as to say, fuck it, just ban them for being toxic. I think it's neither feasible nor desirable to have punishment-enforced rules forcing everyone to get along, both in game and in real life.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:08 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 am As far as I know every credible doxing threat is punished severely. As for everything else you indicated, that sounds more like people being disagreeable and quarrelsome. I agree, it is tiresome and I also wish they would give it a rest. But I wouldn't go so far as to say, fuck it, just ban them for being toxic. I think it's neither feasible nor desirable to have punishment-enforced rules forcing everyone to get along, both in game and in real life.
I also don't think anyone should be banned. That's why I said I have no idea how to tackle something as tiresome and childish as this that happens so much.
I'm afraid most of this starts with the people themselves but I also think a bit stricter with mutes could help. Right now I think some of these long yell bullshitting could be prevented if mods were a bit more reactive to these things instead of saying "Take it off yell" then ignore the rest and just log out or go on an alt lol.

And it's nice to know these dox threats have been punished accordingly(Though I don't know if all have been handled accordingly?) but it's not about that it's punished but that it happens.
Last edited by Thierryu1 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 am As far as I know every credible doxing threat is punished severely. As for everything else you indicated, that sounds more like people being disagreeable and quarrelsome. I agree, it is tiresome and I also wish they would give it a rest. But I wouldn't go so far as to say, fuck it, just ban them for being toxic. I think it's neither feasible nor desirable to have punishment-enforced rules forcing everyone to get along, both in game and in real life.
Bringing back this thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=81476

Even if someone has been doxed on a separate platform, is it okay for people to still spread that information on pkhonor? Thats what it has seemed like for the past year or so. Staff's response always seems to be, well you're the idiot who got yourself doxed. Even if the information is out there, mods need to take it seriously when we have players that are spreading other's personal information.

Because of this, doxing has become de facto legal. The only time mods ban someone for doxing is when someone says "Ill dox u bro" ingame. Which is far less credible than spreading around a players irl info.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:17 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 am

Even if someone has been doxed on a separate platform, is it okay for people to still spread that information on pkhonor? Thats what it has seemed like for the past year or so. Staff's response always seems to be, well you're the idiot who got yourself doxed. Even if the information is out there, mods need to take it seriously when we have players that are spreading other's personal information.

Because of this, doxing has become de facto legal. The only time mods ban someone for doxing is when someone says "Ill dox u bro" ingame. Which is far less credible than spreading around a players irl info.
Adding to this, A lot of these dox threats that are actually serious happen outside of the game and mods feel like they can't touch these problems because they are not "responsible" for other social media, which is somewhat true but this is also a gray area imo.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:19 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 am Bringing back this thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=81476

That's not our position at all. If it gets spread through our official platforms then we come down on it hard, even if it's a repost from elsewhere.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:27 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 am

I can assure you this is not how we treat doxxing. If you have credible evidence of doxxing in game, all outside information being irrelevant, bring it to the staffs attention and it will be handled swiftly and as severely as is allowed by one of the mods or the admins.

If something has happened to make it seem like we do handle it that way, it is not on purpose.

I think the "outside platform" thing is that if, for example, someone posted my IRL address in a whatsapp chat, there's little we can do to handle that. Anyone could've posted that using any name, or anyone can then report anyone for doing it. It's hard to us to fairly and smartly handle it since we have no way of knowing for sure who posted it.

But if that information is brought into pkhonor in anyway, then it'll be handled in a snap.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:31 am

What about in the case of someone attempting to grab your ip adress via a phishing link on discord? Which could be used to either ddos you or even dox @Church

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:46 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:31 am What about in the case of someone attempting to grab your ip adress via a phishing link on discord? Which could be used to either ddos you or even dox @Church
I mean, me personally I'd delete the link and ban the user from the discord if it happened through our discord. You run into that same issue where you can never be truly sure who posted something in the discord compared to who they are in game.

If it happened in another discord, it would be on their moderators to decide what to do with it.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:48 am

Church wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:46 am
Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:31 am What about in the case of someone attempting to grab your ip adress via a phishing link on discord? Which could be used to either ddos you or even dox @Church
I mean, me personally I'd delete the link and ban the user from the discord if it happened through our discord. You run into that same issue where you can never be truly sure who posted something in the discord compared to who they are in game.

If it happened in another discord, it would be on their moderators to decide what to do with it.
What if the person had a rank within the discord and it happened through private messages which have the same id numbers?

Aka easy to connect the dots

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:50 am

Church wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:46 am

But like, if for instance a player comes to you with screenshots of doxing in let's say a Whatsapp groupchat and post it on PKH because it's obviously PKH related, is it then something you mods and admins will act on or is it like "yea it's outside of our platforms and therefore not in our power to do anything about it until it reaches the platform directly". Just wondering here.