State of PkHonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Pk gts
Honor Player

Re: State of PkHonor

Post by Pk gts » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:51 am

someone needs to send adderall to dev team so we can have new content

Ur nans hc
Premium Donator

Post by Ur nans hc » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:18 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:41 am When a large portion of the toxicity is lead by a staff member what do ya expect lmao
This..

Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this post or close to the same post on forums 1-2x a year for the past 4-5 years lul.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Ur nans hc wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:18 pm
Stale fish1 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:41 am When a large portion of the toxicity is lead by a staff member what do ya expect lmao
This..

Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this post or close to the same post on forums 1-2x a year for the past 4-5 years lul.
Exactly, and that mod doesn't even play for that long. So stop bitching about 1 mod being a large part of this ongoing toxicity that's been a thing for longer than he even plays, that's pathetic. :roll:

Iron blix
Premium Donator

Post by Iron blix » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Two pages proving Theearlygamer's first point. Gentlemen, let's not argue.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Guys don't tell him about how toxic the server used to be :orly:
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:27 pm

Troll n roll wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm Guys don't tell him about how toxic the server used to be :orly:
That was back when we had 400 players, so we could afford to permaban and permamute players that were toxic.

Now we only have 100 so they just gotta let it go.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Elon musky wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:27 pm
Troll n roll wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm Guys don't tell him about how toxic the server used to be :orly:
That was back when we had 400 players, so we could afford to permaban and permamute players that were toxic.

Now we only have 100 so they just gotta let it go.
We only peaked over 400 players occasionally over a 3 month period. When people talk about the golden years of PKH, actually for the most part our player counts weren't much higher than they are now.

As for having to "just let it go" when it comes to toxicity... No offence but honestly the server was 100x more toxic back then. Yes, we handed out more punishments, but they were for far more extreme behaviour. What people call toxic today is more like being mildly annoying. That's why there are far fewer punishments for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Rapsey wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:20 pm As for having to "just let it go" when it comes to toxicity... No offence but honestly the server was 100x more toxic back then. Yes, we handed out more punishments, but they were for far more extreme behaviour. What people call toxic today is more like being mildly annoying. That's why there are far fewer punishments for it.
This. I hate to be the old guy saying 'back in my day we walked through mud to get through school,' but honestly, we need to stop taking for granted how vanilla the 'toxicity' is these days. I think what people want at this point is the elimination of malice from human nature as a whole, which is of course not possible. No one's making 10+ forums accounts to avoid bans and spam the forums anymore. Staff members aren't passing along IP Addresses to pking clans anymore. Disturbed old women aren't sending crude, explicit photos to people that neither asked for them or aren't even old enough to receive them anymore. No one's going around calling people 'sand n***er' with minimal punishment, and hell, no one's trying to stage a coup and take over the staff team either (nearly happened in 2012, lol).

The list goes on and is incredibly long - but I suppose it's hard to appreciate the server as it is now if you really didn't have to go through what it (and most of the RSPS community) used to be. Hop on any brand new server with a large playerbase - you'll get a better idea of what it was actually like. But even then, a lot of the players are older than what we had, and thus atleast a little more mature.

If there are specific wilderness related issues that could be fixed (that haven't already been addressed) that's a viable topic for discussion, but this community is hardly toxic IMO.

Annoying or frustrating at times? Sure. But let us not move the goalposts on what it means to be toxic, and call these things what they are - nuisances.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:06 pm

Patel wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:03 pm ...and hell, no one's trying to stage a coup and take over the staff team either (nearly happened in 2012, lol).
hahaha yea....

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:08 pm

Patel wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:03 pm
Rapsey wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:20 pm As for having to "just let it go" when it comes to toxicity... No offence but honestly the server was 100x more toxic back then. Yes, we handed out more punishments, but they were for far more extreme behaviour. What people call toxic today is more like being mildly annoying. That's why there are far fewer punishments for it.
This. I hate to be the old guy saying 'back in my day we walked through mud to get through school,' but honestly, we need to stop taking for granted how vanilla the 'toxicity' is these days. I think what people want at this point is the elimination of malice from human nature as a whole, which is of course not possible. No one's making 10+ forums accounts to avoid bans and spam the forums anymore. Staff members aren't passing along IP Addresses to pking clans anymore. Disturbed old women aren't sending crude, explicit photos to people that neither asked for them or aren't even old enough to receive them anymore. No one's going around calling people 'sand n***er' with minimal punishment, and hell, no one's trying to stage a coup and take over the staff team either (nearly happened in 2012, lol).

The list goes on and is incredibly long - but I suppose it's hard to appreciate the server as it is now if you really didn't have to go through what it (and most of the RSPS community) used to be. Hop on any brand new server with a large playerbase - you'll get a better idea of what it was actually like. But even then, a lot of the players are older than what we had, and thus atleast a little more mature.

If there are specific wilderness related issues that could be fixed (that haven't already been addressed) that's a viable topic for discussion, but this community is hardly toxic IMO.

Annoying or frustrating at times? Sure. But let us not move the goalposts on what it means to be toxic, and call these things what they are - nuisances.
Most of the toxicity these days come from Wilderness related problems, so yea there is room for discussion and room for improvement on how to act on this as a mod and as a player. I do wholeheartedly agree with the rest you said. You can't change human behavior to remove all the malice out of someone but we can at least try? And just because it used to be a wild west on here doesn't mean further improvement (how small they may be) shouldn't be act on because it's "not as bad as it used to be".
Last edited by Thierryu1 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.