KQ

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thierryu1
Premium Donator

KQ

Post by Thierryu1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Hey, so I was just wondering right?
Why is Kalphite Queen so strong but her loot is so trash?
Is there something we can do to make this boss fun again? Improved droptable or a less painful version to fight might help, idk.
Just wondering why it is as it is now.
Last edited by Thierryu1 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: KQ

Post by Rapsey » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:39 pm

Or, why is every other boss so weak? When I do KQ I feel like she's as strong as she should be, or at least as strong as I remember her being.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:39 pm Or, why is every other boss so weak? When I do KQ I feel like she's as strong as she should be, or at least as strong as I remember her being.
She used to be fun to do when she didn't deplete your inv and when alchs were worth anything?
These days she is overshadowed by most other bosses. Her best drop is a Dragon defender, but Cyclops are way more afk and way better for Dragon Def.
I doubt every other boss is "so weak", I don't think everyone find Zulrah easy, and I doubt Sire is easy(should also be improved) and Nex is also for a lot of newer players not easy solo and there are plenty more bosses that solo are not easy but just need good gear or time to figure out. Having said that, KQ should not be a boss that's as strong as it is (in max gear) for the loot that it gives (bottom tier). And I do honestly believe that it somehow got stronger than it used to be, but that could be me?

Besides Slayer I have no reason to do KQ. Once you get every low tier drop for either unlocking prayers or finishing your logbook there is really nothing to come back to. Most other bosses have replayability like a nice rare to go for or it's just a fun boss to do. Right now, KQ has none of these.

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 pm
Rapsey wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:39 pm Or, why is every other boss so weak? When I do KQ I feel like she's as strong as she should be, or at least as strong as I remember her being.
She used to be fun to do when she didn't deplete your inv and when alchs were worth anything?
These days she is overshadowed by most other bosses. Her best drop is a Dragon defender, but Cyclops are way more afk and way better for Dragon Def.
I doubt every other boss is "so weak", I don't think everyone find Zulrah easy, and I doubt Sire is easy(should also be improved) and Nex is also for a lot of newer players not easy solo and there are plenty more bosses that solo are not easy but just need good gear or time to figure out. Having said that, KQ should not be a boss that's as strong as it is (in max gear) for the loot that it gives (bottom tier). And I do honestly believe that it somehow got stronger than it used to be, but that could be me?

Besides Slayer I have no reason to do KQ. Once you get every low tier drop for either unlocking prayers or finishing your logbook there is really nothing to come back to. Most other bosses have replayability like a nice rare to go for or it's just a fun boss to do. Right now, KQ has none of these.
Yes, I remember an update that made KQ stronger, because it was way too profitable for the effort put in.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm

It received a buff way back when and there was no subsequent loot buff to compensate for the extra effort. Before the buff it was an alright money-maker but not something you camped. Now, it's something I dread getting a task of.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Uim legolas wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Yes, I remember an update that made KQ stronger, because it was way too profitable for the effort put in.
"Way too profitable" maybe back then when everything had normal prices?
What is even the point of KQ in this game besides a head drop and prayer scrolls (which you can buy for few mills of GE)?

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:39 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 pm
Uim legolas wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm

"Way too profitable" maybe back then when everything had normal prices?
What is even the point of KQ in this game besides a head drop and prayer scrolls (which you can buy for few mills of GE)?
Not saying you're wrong. It just used to be one of the better money makers back then. Hence why it received a buff. Why do you think all stake addicts had mad KQ pets?...

But yes, lots has changed since. Even with it's profit an hour/effort from back then it wouldn't stick out anymore.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:15 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 pm These days she is overshadowed by most other bosses.
I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is, when you try to solo KQ with entry-level gear (say within 50 hours timeplayed) you get like 1-3 kills per trip. This is exactly what I remember getting on OSRS with the same gear and as far as I know that's still what you'd get on OSRS today.

I'm not saying that her loot is good for how strong she is. Just that her strength seems about right to me, and speculating that maybe other bosses aren't as strong as they should be (or have disproportionally good loot for how "weak" they are).

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:15 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 pm These days she is overshadowed by most other bosses.
I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is, when you try to solo KQ with entry-level gear (say within 50 hours timeplayed) you get like 1-3 kills per trip. This is exactly what I remember getting on OSRS with the same gear and as far as I know that's still what you'd get on OSRS today.

I'm not saying that her loot is good for how strong she is. Just that her strength seems about right to me, and speculating that maybe other bosses aren't as strong as they should be (or have disproportionally good loot for how "weak" they are).

I'm not trying to attack you or anything. Just letting you know where I come from and what my experience have been.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:53 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:30 pm I'm not trying to attack you or anything. Just letting you know where I come from and what my experience have been.
I know, me neither. As far as I can tell what she needs is a buff to her drops.