20-12-2020 update

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Uim legolas
Premium Donator

20-12-2020 update

Post by Uim legolas » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:30 pm

Has anyone thought this update through before actually implementing it?

1) Do we really want every single ironman to be able to pick a custom of choice?
This just deleted one of the biggest endgame goals...

2) We just deleted the refund box? no replacement for UIM? no explanation for what happens to comp capes - cash - cannon now?

I've always supported this server in it's ideas and updates, but I feel like this one hasn't even been discussed properly.
Involving UIM: I've been asking for clarification about what items do and don't go refund, instead you just remove it in it's whole? We don't even have any other ways to store anything...

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: 20-12-2020 update

Post by Monys » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:35 pm

I've never made a UIM solely because of this reasoning. It doesn't feel like the content is completed.

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Next update, UIMs can purchase stash units for 5k Donor credits. Problem solved

Explozionz
Premium Donator

Post by Explozionz » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:13 pm

I respect Mikes & Rapsey's idea of trying to create a donator credit sink. However, I feel there were a few other options maybe that could have been stated.

1) Just like premium & Donator status I think Honor status should provide a cash value when removing from your account instead of allowing for loads of status to be in-game at a 5b transfer fee.

2) Creating an instance token. These could be sold within the donator store for like 5 - 10 credits each allowing players to use one to create an instance of a boss that isn't an instance already.

3) if we're going to allow for ironmen accounts to choose their whips they want upon receiving one I honestly feel the price for this option should be far higher than the current amount stated. Achieving Custom whips from Clues has been a great thin for iron-men for a long time and gave us a sense of excitement when receiving them. If people want to be able to choose their own whips as they start off on their ironmen then fine but make them more expensive.

The new update had a lot of positive features as well as a lot of negative.

I also feel regarding the bank spaces I felt that maybe the first 50 spaces should be given free as a token of appreciation to show the benefit of them instead of charging straight away. I respect this is following a little in the Runescape 3 way of buying bank spaces. However, they provided a free 250 spaces before charging for their additional ones.

Another thing maybe which could be an idea is people using donator credits in order to bring forward community events?

We currently already have our weekly events running, but maybe we could have an option in which people could donate spare or full amount of donator credits to an NPC in order to get a random or a choice of an event to run for an hour? Say like for every 5,000 or 10,000 donator credits a 1-hour event from a list created in which wouldn't damage or ruin the server and if people wanted to extend the timer the community or a player or pay additional credits to extend the timer?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:51 am

Uim legolas wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:30 pm Has anyone thought this update through before actually implementing it?

1) Do we really want every single ironman to be able to pick a custom of choice?

2) We just deleted the refund box? no replacement for UIM? no explanation for what happens to comp capes - cash - cannon now?

I've always supported this server in it's ideas and updates, but I feel like this one hasn't even been discussed properly.
Involving UIM: I've been asking for clarification about what items do and don't go refund, instead you just remove it in it's whole? We don't even have any other ways to store anything...
Probably my opinion but probably shouldn't be lashing out this hard while you are a trial, gives off wrong vibes for me.

Clearly some type of thought has gone into it, as both Rapsey and Thoby has found very good reason as to why this was added. At this point I just sound like a broken record player. Dunno why y'all can't just keep it to the specific thread instead of making 10+ and posting your feedback there

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Brant wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:51 am
Uim legolas wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:30 pm Has anyone thought this update through before actually implementing it?

Probably my opinion but probably shouldn't be lashing out this hard while you are a trial, gives off wrong vibes for me.

Clearly some type of thought has gone into it, as both Rapsey and Thoby has found very good reason as to why this was added. At this point I just sound like a broken record player. Dunno why y'all can't just keep it to the specific thread instead of making 10+ and posting your feedback there
Yea Legolas, as a Trial mod, you’re not allowed to have an opinion or voice it for that matter! Bad mod.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 pm

Xsquire1 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Yea Legolas, as a Trial mod, you’re not allowed to have an opinion or voice it for that matter! Bad mod.
There is a difference between positive feedback and just lashing out. I implore you to use your brain and to find out the difference

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Brant wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 pm
Xsquire1 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:40 pm

There is a difference between positive feedback and just lashing out. I implore you to use your brain and to find out the difference
This ain’t lashing out though? Lashing out would be cursing the development team, not simply asking for answers to why things are the way they are? And explaining why he feels it wasn’t well thought out. Grow up kid. Not all feedback has to be positive. Learn the difference between positive feedback and constructive criticism.

Ashton
Premium Donator

Post by Ashton » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Love the ideas and the way it’s working out so far!

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Not sure how this is lashing out hard. They made major changes to the game without taking ironman - uim mode into account. I made a thread with my two biggest issues about the update, and my reasoning why they aren't too greatly thought out. Rapsey already confirmed my second point. They didn't think about UIM and should have provided a temporarily alternative.

But then again, I didn't have much time when I made the thread.
My apologies if it seemed rather harsh instead of constructive.