Third-party software + Addons

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Third-party software + Addons

Post by Rapsey » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:08 am

Marklauten wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:36 am @Raphsey. You absolutely cannot get into my computer. Nor do you have authorization. If you think its acceptible to be threaten players with invasion of privacy, I think that is WAY more against the rules than making wcing easier.
I agree Mahrk, hacking someone's device is way worse than writing bot scripts. What can I say? When someone is making up some BS story thinking "hah there's no way they can tell that I'm lying" I don't mind occasionally breaking the rules to prove them wrong.

At least you don't have to worry, I'm a grey hat, I have no interest in doing anything malicious to anyone. This is as far as I go.

But while we're on the topic of "ohz noez they can see my cheat scripts"... Do you really think the anti-cheat protection of other games isn't looking at what other stuff you are running alongside those games and sending that information back to a server? Read the fine print lol. Privacy in this day and age doesn't mean they can't collect things like that, it just means they can only use it for those purposes. You're giving tons of companies access to your personal data and trusting them to be honorable. What I did wasn't that different. Except of course we don't have an EULA that no one reads and everyone blindly accepts anyway.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:11 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:08 am
Marklauten wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:36 am @Raphsey. You absolutely cannot get into my computer. Nor do you have authorization. If you think its acceptible to be threaten players with invasion of privacy, I think that is WAY more against the rules than making wcing easier.
Mahrk,
Ha I see what you did there..

I feel like everyone has burnt this guy to a crisp now and maybe it would be better if the thread is locked. Clearly there is no sensible reply he can make.

Marklauten
Known Venturer

Post by Marklauten » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:15 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:21 am
Marklauten wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:14 am Correct. If my add-on was a seperate file that would be fine then? You have an issue with the locate tree function finding trees and assigning coords? Its the same thing in a different lanuage.
Neither of those would be fine. This isn't about the legality of what your code does because both the old version you were using and the new version which you changed for us are considered botting under our rules. It doesn't really matter if you're hardcoding the coordinates where your mouse needs to go or getting them dynamically, you're still automating the process which we consider macroing. This is about you lying about what you were doing, and then trying to cover it up by posting modified code.

Still it's better than the fully automated scripts you wrote so there's that. You are at least trying to get closer to following the rules. Or maybe just trying not to get caught.

Pk gts wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 am how did u get his old file?
IT security is my profession.
If IT profession was you job you would know it's 100% illegal to access personal files without explicate permission. Also you are calling me out for having automated scripts? Put it on the table. Id love to see what you're capabilities are!
Free Ironman Mark!

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:11 am
Rapsey wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:08 am
Mahrk,
Ha I see what you did there..

I feel like everyone has burnt this guy to a crisp now and maybe it would be better if the thread is locked. Clearly there is no sensible reply he can make.
In principle I agree, but this is also just far too entertaining. Sometimes we need something that brings us together

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:21 am

This guys a joke...
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:23 am

Did I mention that I love Rapsey lol

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Supertuppers
Honor Player

Post by Supertuppers » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:24 am

I want to go to bed, but this shit got me hooked :lol:
ImageImage

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:45 am

Marklauten wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:15 am If IT profession was you job you would know it's 100% illegal to access personal files without explicate permission. Also you are calling me out for having automated scripts? Put it on the table. Id love to see what you're capabilities are!
Oh for sure, I know it's illegal. But only because we don't have 1 line on our download page saying "By downloading this application you agree to the terms of use" which then contains some vague mention that you allow us to collect and process information necessary for cheat detection. We are an RSPS after all, being 100% legal went out the window by its very concept. We're more concerned with actually doing right by our users and not abusing their data, not so much making sure our asses are legally covered.

I think I've done enough to demonstrate what my capabilities are. Anything more would be gratuitous at this point. I have no interest in turning this into some kind of contest with you, just reassuring everyone else that there's nothing to worry about.

I understand that it's unsettling though. If you were to meet one of Google's sysadmins it would also be awkward to be faced with a person who can and does access your entire mailbox when it's necessary to do their job, and to just have to trust that this person doesn't go snooping around for their own benefit. Most of us just don't think about the fact that there's actual people having access to our personal stuff. In my line of work that's just an everyday reality. What ultimately matters is that you don't abuse the privileged access you have. Considering I have only done this to verify whether or not you were cheating I think I will still be able to sleep at night.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:47 am

Says the owner of a Runescape private server did something illegal :orly:

Change ur name or wait for your turn to be Mark.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:32 am

Lol this guy is funny. He downloads the game, then has the audacity to call out the co owner of it for collecting data on him. If he had any brain cells he would know a multi player game will always collect data in some form on you. And technically he can do whatever he needs to protect the integrity of the game. Hell he could ban you right now and you would be completely gone. Don't fuck with Rapsey. There has been multiple tries in the past. Don't like it leave.