Clue Scrolls

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Clue Scrolls

Post by Thearlygamer » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Just wanted peoples input on some idea I just had

So if we wanted to make easy and medium clues more common, I would assume for normal accounts it would mean that the price on master caskets would drop almost to elite casket prices, since it would be much easier to obtain master clues then. Hard clues are pretty easy to get, and would be the only thing giving masters a slightly higher value than elites, but not the 3b gap we see now.

I guess my first question would be; is a 3b gap between elites and masters what we want? And secondly, if it is, one possible solution would be making it able so we're able to trade in all 4 tiers of CASKETS in for a master clue. This would probably raise the price of easy-hard caskets and the master casket will just be the overall price of the 4 tiers combined. Now some people may think that uber rich players would just buy out the lower 4 tiers to get masters, but I don't think those players would care to do a master clue, they just wnat to open an already completed casket, and it can be a slight money maker for other players looking to do clues. I think this could lead to an influx of masters in the game, but since we have wealthy players trying to complete their clue collection log, maybe it isn't a bad thing? Just wanted to read peoples input on this situation.

I do believe we should make it viable to get easy and medium clues, currently I'm trying to get an easy clue from barraging dust devils and have gone through 6 overload (4) pots, that's about 2 hours of barraging and there's times where I didn't notice i wasn't overloaded, and after this I still have to figure how I'm going to get a medium clue.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: Clue Scrolls

Post by Elon musky » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:06 pm

I personally contribute the difference in prices between the Master and Elite Caskets are the difference in chances to make your money back.

The only notable drops from Elites are the magic stone and 1B ticket.

While Master caskets offer Magic Stone, 1B ticket, Katana, 5 Ankou Pieces, 5 Mummy pieces, and 5 Samurai pieces which are all a decent reward.

Since there are many more high price items, the casket is valued the way it is in comparison to the other caskets.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:18 pm

Xsquire1 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:06 pm I personally contribute the difference in prices between the Master and Elite Caskets are the difference in chances to make your money back.

The only notable drops from Elites are the magic stone and 1B ticket.

While Master caskets offer Magic Stone, 1B ticket, Katana, 5 Ankou Pieces, 5 Mummy pieces, and 5 Samurai pieces which are all a decent reward.

Since there are many more high price items, the casket is valued the way it is in comparison to the other caskets.
I thought this as well, but I don't know anyone who buys those pieces individually, so you'd need the full set and even then they're hard to sell, that's why I chalked it up to players getting it just to complete their clue collection log, but I'm sure the higher rewards to play a part in the higher price. Also the music cape from masters which is anywhere from 5-15b iirc
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm

The reason masters are 5b is because Jayden is buying them all for 5b (along with adv. mboxes) to finish the log. 5b definitely isn't the going rate of master caskets usually. It was like 2.5-3b before he started buying them all. So that answers your first question to the degree that it's probably not an issue, but if it persists after he's done then we'll see then.

For the second, the key thing is that clue scrolls are untradeable and caskets are tradable. So you could basically buy masters every time you get an elite. Caskets would also have disproportionate prices to what's actually in them and no one would open easy caskets anymore, making black (g) (or whatever it is that comes out of easies/meds and is actually valuable) rare as hell. Not that I mind I'm just pointing out the consequences of changing that.

Doing clues on here isn't a chore like it is on OSRS. Within a week of playing you're able to complete every clue (except the arma helm one, which people will sometimes loan you). And there's teleports to half of them. People very much would buy out caskets in the GE to do master clues if it's cheaper than a master casket. At least I would, which is why I'm fairly confident a few others would too.

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 pm

Raj wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm The reason masters are 5b is because Jayden is buying them all for 5b (along with adv. mboxes) to finish the log. 5b definitely isn't the going rate of master caskets usually. It was like 2.5-3b before he started buying them all.
this. so before i started going for the collection log it was rare to see them go over 3.5b since then i have bought roughly 300+ for 4-6b each which in turn has made the master caskets raise to an insane amount. with me buying majority if not all the master caskets out of the economy i'm not sure how much they would go back down however without my input i don't think they would've gone more than 4b unless someone else was rushing to do the log which i don't know anyone who is (buyables at least)

i'm not too sure on how much we should increase the rate of doing easy and mediums i think its more convincing those who get them to actually do them as they're usually just held until they can make a master
with me buying easy and mediums for 400-500m ea a lot have seemed to actually be done and sold, within 3 days i managed to buy 15+ of each which is more than i was getting of master caskets

Last bumped by Thearlygamer on Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 pm.
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3