Doxing

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Is Antonio Smart?

yes
No votes
yes
13%
definetly
No votes
indeed
No votes
i love antonio
88%
GOAT
No votes

Total votes: 8

Nazuths
Developer

Re: Doxing

Post by Nazuths » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:42 pm

I feel like this topic will be similar to that of Player-made deals. An extreme case needs to happen before significant change will occur. What if a person doxes Mike or Rapsey completely? Sharing everything about them through Discord PMs to other PkHonor players, would you be fine with that @Rapsey?

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Nazuths wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:42 pm I feel like this topic will be similar to that of Player-made deals. An extreme case needs to happen before significant change will occur. What if a person doxes Mike or Rapsey completely? Sharing everything about them through Discord PMs to other PkHonor players, would you be fine with that @Rapsey?
i would love to hear this too.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:48 am

Well of course I would GTFO that person from my server. Perks of being an owner I guess. We can choose who we let onto our game regardless of what the rules say.

If you come to my house and kick me in the balls I will ban you too, and have a drop party with your bank for good measure. Doesn't mean that's gonna be a rule for all players. When you have your own game you can also do whatever you want to the people who piss you off. ;)

Not so good
Novice

Post by Not so good » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:02 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:48 am Well of course I would GTFO that person from my server. Perks of being an owner I guess. We can choose who we let onto our game regardless of what the rules say.

If you come to my house and kick me in the balls I will ban you too, and have a drop party with your bank for good measure. Doesn't mean that's gonna be a rule for all players. When you have your own game you can also do whatever you want to the people who piss you off. ;)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL I fucking love it. Best reply I’ve seen in a long time. SIT TF DOWN 🤣🤣

Not so good
Novice

Post by Not so good » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:16 am

First off, if dox threats is against the rules then Doxxing is against the rules. Ask me how I know.

Second, there’s no way for staff to monitor discord/whatsapp. This should be moved to spam.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:17 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:48 am If you come to my house and kick me in the balls I will ban you too, and have a drop party with your bank for good measure. Doesn't mean that's gonna be a rule for all players. When you have your own game you can also do whatever you want to the people who piss you off. ;)
Send me your address, I'm taking you up on this

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:17 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:48 am Well of course I would GTFO that person from my server. Perks of being an owner I guess. We can choose who we let onto our game regardless of what the rules say.

THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:24 am

Nazuths wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:45 pm I think the main problem is that it is against the rules, but when it happens outside of the official PkHonor platforms, there's nothing Staff can do about it.

Technically someone could dox someone to every single player in Discord PM and not get in trouble, at all. I think that is just as bad as publicly posting it on the Forums.

This is exactly what happened to me, and the people (mitrovic) that do/did it, get away with it with no repercussions, which is sad.
Interesting. So technically speaking, my temporary ban and ip-mute actually was completely unfair? Atleast that's what you are saying now. I challenge you to get some evidence me doxing you in-game. It will be a hard time finding anything, you did not have anything but a claim from bmw that it was me who told him your name. Not to mention that bmw was the first one who actually spread your full name in-game. He didn't get a punishment, not even a warning. Oh?

As I wrote in my ban appeal, I didn't have any intention to throw your pictures all over the server, just wanted to share them with a friend of mine. But then the man with the ban hammer passed by, meanwhile the guy who actually launched your full name into the server got away with it. So that looks pretty much like a personal attack. So if there's some people now that spread your pictures in other chats, honestly it leaves me completely indiffent.

You seem to care about your privacy, which is totally okay, but then we have to talk about 2 things. Firstly, you are in the WhatsApp-chat with your phone number. Secondly, it wasn't difficult at all to find you on the internet, and I'm definitely not a 'Tech geek' ;). So it doesn't make a lot of sense if you do care about your privacy but on the other side publishing that much of information. There's a lot of guys who have a profile picture in the WhatsApp-chat, is it called doxing when I send that picture to someone else? Okay, that guy decided to share his picture and you didn't. Then I'll provide you with another example: Someone shares his full name but no pictures. That makes it very easy to search him on Facebook and send his pictures to other people, however that guy maybe didn't want it. Though, calling that 'doxing' wouldn't make any sense at all. Just mind the things you publish yourself.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:45 am

Pkh is just like any real life venue in that regard (like a bar). Do something to piss off the owner = you're not welcome in my establishment anymore. Go to your barkeep saying "this dude who also comes here did something to piss me off, now ban him" and they'll ask: did he do it in here? No? Then our house rules don't apply. Get your retribution some other way.

"Ah but you see, he's been spreading some really nasty stuff about me to all the other people we know in common from coming to your bar, so that makes it your responsibility to act right?"

Ehhh nope. In here our rules apply, out there you're just people doing whatever it is people do to each other. Doesn't matter that you all know each other by coming here.
Mitrovic wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:24 am Interesting. So technically speaking, my temporary ban and ip-mute actually was completely unfair?
Incorrect? Yes. That's why it was lifted on appeal. If you had been found guilty of doxing you'd still be banned now. Completely unfair? I wouldn't go that far. You did dox him which is colloquially known as "a dick move" so don't go claiming the moral high ground here.

Sam
Premium Donator

Post by Sam » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:10 am

:thumbsup:
Moderator Sam