So.... I got hacked

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Egolith
Premium Donator

So.... I got hacked

Post by Egolith » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:19 am

Yep, IDK why but my main account got hacked and am locked out of it due to a PIN that was setup on it. Not sure exactly what to do right now as I have posted a bank pin recovery request but have heard nothing back on it in like 2-3 days. Thoughts?

Jousi
Premium Donator

Re: So.... I got hacked

Post by Jousi » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:23 am

I feel fucking gutted for you man. Hackers should have their bollocks cut off.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:24 am

The staff team is busy

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:26 am

Hey Jousi,

I know right... Just want to get my bank pin reset so I can get on my account and see what I lost. From the looks of it the hacker was using my account for making gold bars (have like 2k gold ores in inventory). Fingers-crossed my stuff is still there...

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:26 am

Monys wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:24 am The staff team is busy
Something happen?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:19 am

At first glance this seems rather strange to me. On your recovery you said you last logged in 1-2 months ago but that PIN has been there for 9 months, since January. You also said that the e-mail address was changed but the recovery e-mail was set in 2016, just 3 months after the account was created, and hasn't been changed since. Assuming it is your e-mail address you can instantly recover the account by going here and clicking the button in the top right corner. There you can also see when the PIN was changed.

EDIT: Do keep in mind that your forum account e-mail is separate from your game account recovery e-mail. Someone may have changed your forum e-mail but if your game account was hacked that was done directly through the game client, not through the website. So that would mean someone had access to both accounts (same password maybe?) but for some reason decided not to change your forum pass or your game recovery e-mail. This would be quite fortunate for you since having those 2 things unchanged should enable you to auto-recover the account yourself. Generally speaking, if someone has access to one of the two accounts they can't use that to hack the other. But if they have access to both at the same time then they can change everything just like the real owner could and totally lock you out. This is why we strongly urge people not to use the same password for both accounts.

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:09 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:19 am At first glance this seems rather strange to me. On your recovery you said you last logged in 1-2 months ago but that PIN has been there for 9 months, since January. You also said that the e-mail address was changed but the recovery e-mail was set in 2016, just 3 months after the account was created, and hasn't been changed since. Assuming it is your e-mail address you can instantly recover the account by going here and clicking the button in the top right corner. There you can also see when the PIN was changed.

EDIT: Do keep in mind that your forum account e-mail is separate from your game account recovery e-mail. Someone may have changed your forum e-mail but if your game account was hacked that was done directly through the game client, not through the website. So that would mean someone had access to both accounts (same password maybe?) but for some reason decided not to change your forum pass or your game recovery e-mail. This would be quite fortunate for you since having those 2 things unchanged should enable you to auto-recover the account yourself. Generally speaking, if someone has access to one of the two accounts they can't use that to hack the other. But if they have access to both at the same time then they can change everything just like the real owner could and totally lock you out. This is why we strongly urge people not to use the same password for both accounts.
Rapsey at it again with the help. Thanks :) I got access to the account again, but somehow they did manage to get into my account. My memory sucks for timeframes, so I could very likely not remember when I was last on. But this will work as I can rebuild as the account isn't fully cleaned. Thanks again Rapsey <3

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:41 am

this thread seems like a major red flag to me. sounds like a hacker/buyer pretending to be the original account owner. i hope the admins do a thorough review of this. best of luck with everything if you are the real egolith

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:41 am this thread seems like a major red flag to me. sounds like a hacker/buyer pretending to be the original account owner. i hope the admins do a thorough review of this. best of luck with everything if you are the real egolith
I had the same concerns but I investigated that possibility beforehand and it all checks out

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:56 pm

Rapsey wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am
Iron adam wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:41 am this thread seems like a major red flag to me. sounds like a hacker/buyer pretending to be the original account owner. i hope the admins do a thorough review of this. best of luck with everything if you are the real egolith
I had the same concerns but I investigated that possibility beforehand and it all checks out
I understand it sounds sus, but I am Ego. Could just say that people accused me of boosting my pk count for comp back in the day and ya'll should know it's me xD. Thanks for double checking, as it's appreciated that you're protecting my account.