the "friendly" N word...

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Cancerstick
Wise One

Re: the "friendly" N word...

Post by Cancerstick » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Church wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:12 am Some y'all could really be benefited by reading papers written by black people explaining the differences between white people saying these words, and black people saying these words.

As far as it being a punishable thing, it is. If you use it in a racist context. The word is not an inherently racist word like the hard r n-word is, but if someone used it in that context I would mute them all the same. It's a nonissue
I'm triggered by your use of ''some y'all'' while telling people to read to further their knowledge on a sensitive subject. Please fix yourself.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Cancerstick wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:48 pm
Church wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:12 am Some y'all could really be benefited by reading papers written by black people explaining the differences between white people saying these words, and black people saying these words.

As far as it being a punishable thing, it is. If you use it in a racist context. The word is not an inherently racist word like the hard r n-word is, but if someone used it in that context I would mute them all the same. It's a nonissue
I'm triggered by your use of ''some y'all'' while telling people to read to further their knowledge on a sensitive subject. Please fix yourself.
Don't worry, I fixed my small typo just for you.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:28 am

Church wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:28 pm
Cancerstick wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Don't worry, I fixed my small typo just for you.
Thank you. I feel less triggered now.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:36 am

Patel wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:50 am I'd type something but Rapsey already said it all. This discussion was settled long ago
In the same boat as Patel and Rapsey on this one.

Still don’t understand why this is still a topic of discussion. Thought we cleared this one up like 5 years ago.

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:39 pm

I understand if someone is told privately or not so privately but still politely that they shouldn't use the word. I understand that for individual situations. But that can only really take place if I'm allowed to go wrong, which seems to be increasingly impossible.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Tbh the way it’s allowed now makes sense. Although it sounds weird but currently it doesn’t discriminate.. in most of North America there is some weird stigma that gives people the colour the right to say “nigga” or “nigger” with no repercussions or even someone to bat an eye, where if a white person says it in any content it becomes a problem. Look at Tyson Fury, he was just video’ed signing a biggie Smalls song and singing “nigga” out loud and it’s a huge issue, but wasn’t an issue when biggie smalls actually made the song??

My point here is that anything that allows one group of people the freedom / right to do one thing but will prevent another is discrimination.

With this being said I think as long as it is made where it’s not in a form of hate speach or intended use is derogative to anger someone or be In a negative way then it should be fine. #FreeSpeech4PKH.

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:53 am

I do appreciate everyone's views on the subject.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:00 pm

Nickrock234 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:53 am I do appreciate everyone's views on the subject.
To be more useful, the jist of it is this:

- the social rule behind the word is effectively that if you identify as black *and* you are identified as black, then you have the pass
- we don't know who's black and who isn't
- it's not inherently racist, just can be used in a racist manner
- so as long as it's not used in a racist matter, we won't act

This way no special rules are created, all we have to fall back on is the original "no racism" rule. If you like less regulation, this is the option for you. And If you are against racism on pkhonor, this option is for you as well.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:53 pm

It's okay my nigga