Zoom Client

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Zoom Client

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:34 pm

So I downloaded this zoom client Rapsey posted and have been playing it on my different PC's and laptop. I've noticed very randomly that it will just freeze, more often when I play my honor account. I can't think of anything unique I was doing, but DJ mentioned that it's possibly a test client and that I should report this.

To find the client, or the thread where it was posted I put it below

This one posted by Rapsey (if you click it will download it for you) -> over here
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Zoom Client

Post by Rapsey » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:32 am

That's actually an outdated client that should no longer work (or if it does it'll probably update to a regular non-zoom client before launching).

A current one can be found here: https://www.pkhonor.net/dump/PkHonor_zoom_v226.jar

This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for so tyvm. Might be best to keep those reports in that thread though, since this is still an unreleased experimental thing.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 am

Rapsey wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:32 am That's actually an outdated client that should no longer work (or if it does it'll probably update to a regular non-zoom client before launching).

A current one can be found here: https://www.pkhonor.net/dump/PkHonor_zoom_v226.jar

This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for so tyvm. Might be best to keep those reports in that thread though, since this is still an unreleased experimental thing.
Why not adding it to a general discussion topic and pin it, that way it's a little bit easier to find

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:39 am

Brant wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 am
Rapsey wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:32 am That's actually an outdated client that should no longer work (or if it does it'll probably update to a regular non-zoom client before launching).

Why not adding it to a general discussion topic and pin it, that way it's a little bit easier to find
I agree. Was about to suggest the same thing. Had no idea about this client

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:18 am

Honestly the thread was just someone asking for it and after I saw your comment I didn't read further, if there's nothing game breaking, I think it could benefit everyone if they knew about it to test it
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Well, the.current zoom client for the live server is not really a good candidate for public testing. The things that need to be tested aren't even in it (because those require server changes that would make it incompatible with normal clients). In essence this is just a client that has a bunch of performance optimisations removed. Because of that it has poor performance and the only "bug" you could find in it is that it's too inefficient to run on your machine without occasionally crashing due to lack of system resources (which is fully expected).

It's basically a client for the impatient, a "something is better than nothing" until I've finished the proper implementation (which will aim to maintain acceptable performance while also increasing render range on players and NPC's). That requires a lot of invasive changes to the core rendering engine so that will definitely get its own topic where we encourage people to test it. The current one is really just a normal client without all the optimisations for which tiles to render (and with a few minor tweaks to min/max zoom range). There's nothing to be tested about it and it can definitely not be released in that form.

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:44 am

Is there a version that works for current patch?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:24 am

Pk gts wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:44 am Is there a version that works for current patch?
Here you go: https://www.pkhonor.net/dump/PkHonor_zoom_v227.jar

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:24 am
Pk gts wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:44 am Is there a version that works for current patch?
Here you go: https://www.pkhonor.net/dump/PkHonor_zoom_v227.jar
thank u brother

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:55 am

Rapsey wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm In essence this is just a client that has a bunch of performance optimisations removed. Because of that it has poor performance and the only "bug" you could find in it is that it's too inefficient to run on your machine without occasionally crashing due to lack of system resources (which is fully expected).
Late to the party on this. So you know, the way RuneLite does render distance is by doing renders on the GPU. That's probably a major rewrite for us but I figured I should let you know in case it's actually more viable than I'd thought. But also if you can optimize the CPU rendering to support this you will literally be the GOAT