Thoughts on PkHonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Thoughts on PkHonor

Post by Thearlygamer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:20 am

Hey everyone so just some thoughts I've had on PkHonor vs OSRS and why I think PkHonor is better and probably things I recommend keeping in mind with future updates.

So if you ask most end game OSRS players about their end game content, after max it gets extremely boring because you typically have max gear with no other goals unless you do really long grinds for a tbow, Ely, etc. PkHonor you can set goals for rares that are in the trills, given that you probably won't get them all without staking, but you could definitely manage to get a legends cape, or something of that tier, with enough dedication to the game. Then the comp cape is such a long grind post comp it keeps players engaged, and pets are actually pretty manageable to obtain not having drop rates that take thousands of kills for one.

As far as mid game content, which I would consider post max but before comp, I think there's a fair amount. I like that justiciar was introduced with the HP boost, it seems like a mid tier set to get when going for torva but want something other than bandos. Sure we may need to rebalance somethings, but PkHonor I think is very well known/liked for it's custom whips, ench comps, and OPness of not making bossing stupid hard with little reward.

All in all, I prefer PkHonor more than OSRS, and I personally think our community is strong. Even though at times it may feel like updates take time to come in game, the dev team definitely reads most, if not all, suggestions and take every single one personally. There's players who have been around since the release, and plenty who leave but always come back, and I think that speaks volumes to how much people miss it after being away for a bit and I'm glad @Mike, @thoby, @rapsey, and the rest of the staff, dev, and helper team do what they do to keep this server going. Thanks everyone
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Brant
Fanatic

Re: Thoughts on PkHonor

Post by Brant » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:33 am

There is a reason why I still play. It's the first game I ever accomplished something worthwhile and probably will be the first game I actually 100%. I am glad that we are getting updates more frequently with Thoby and Rapsey helping out with developing. I would honestly love to see them hire more developers to keep the updates on a regular schedule.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:37 am

Osrs moved away from my personal taste by glorifying dumb mechanics like delayed animations and adding random crap without doing enough about corruption and gold farming.

I like pkhonor coz we got an unique pking scene having curses, no delayed bs, infinite run energy, no super expensive supplies etc. The pvming is nice with some op gear, because personally I don't feel like pvming is the place to put your skills to the limit. Like if you can defeat a hard boss every single time but it's just incredibly annoying difficult and long to kill then I cba anymore. I think our pvming scene is perfect with enough ez stuff and some harder stuff that's still enjoyable.

Pkhonor eco isn't that good but I reckon it's better than osrs lmao, plenty of reasons pkhonor is better. Main reason I think pkh>osrs is presets, that stuff is beyond good. Osrs just has a better story to everything and every detail of the game has some depth. That's kind of missing in Pkhonor.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Ross wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:06 pm Image
I agree with Ross. Pkhonor is much better

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:21 pm

Something keeps me coming back here more than it keeps me coming back to Runescape

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Patel wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:21 pm Something keeps me coming back here more than it keeps me coming back to Runescape
It's me

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:26 am

Respire1337 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 pm
Patel wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:21 pm Something keeps me coming back here more than it keeps me coming back to Runescape
It's me

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:31 am

PkHonor fills the void of ever-longing MMORPG nostalgia that you sometimes crave. And it does so without forcing you to pay, grind, and bald for months.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:17 am

Lykos wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:31 am bald for months.
Unless you’re Ross...