Collection log - items shared between NPC's

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How should items shared between NPC's be handled?

Only mark items for the NPC which dropped them
65%
Get an item from one NPC = completed for all
35%

Total votes: 46

Cancerstick
Wise One

Re: Collection log - items shared between NPC's

Post by Cancerstick » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:54 pm

So would irons have a specific clue tab showing 'iron only' clue drops, or would it have to be a generic one that works for 'everyone'?

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Boss collection log... Keep it to bosses! No need to include clues!

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Isaac wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:07 pm Boss collection log... Keep it to bosses! No need to include clues!
No...

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 pm

I personally don't really care for clue logs either, they're probably not logged anyways so everyone will start from 0, I don't fancy opening another 900 elites to fill the slots

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Nazuths wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 pm I personally don't really care for clue logs either, they're probably not logged anyways so everyone will start from 0, I don't fancy opening another 900 elites to fill the slots
Your just upset because you don't have the mstone yet

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Make it only show for individual bosses, don’t share drops across the collection log

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Isaac wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:07 pm Boss collection log... Keep it to bosses! No need to include clues!
No...
Well, yes. Introducing a clue log is not important imo. The main thing is to log boss drops.

What's the point in introducing a clue log if you're already 300 (not tracked) elites into your collection? It's not important and it's causing a lot of overlap by the sounds of it.

I would support an iron-man clue log of custom whips/other uniques (imbue scrolls, ex-ex, etc. etc.). Basically the stuff that people do actually value instead of the 5th Rune Platelegs (H5) they received.

Then again, is Wizard Rapsey can make it work so it's not scuffed then why not. Personally, I don't care for clue rewards.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Isaac wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm
No...
Well, yes. Introducing a clue log is not important imo. The main thing is to log boss drops.

What's the point in introducing a clue log if you're already 300 (not tracked) elites into your collection? It's not important and it's causing a lot of overlap by the sounds of it.

I would support an iron-man clue log of custom whips/other uniques (imbue scrolls, ex-ex, etc. etc.). Basically the stuff that people do actually value instead of the 5th Rune Platelegs (H5) they received.
It's important to remember that not every player is as late game as you are.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Church wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:19 pm
Isaac wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm

No...

It's important to remember that not every player is as late game as you are.
I normally make it a point to not agree with Church but I agree with this one. Using the assumption that every player is 300+ clues in is unfair. If it isn't a lot more work to add them in, then why not do it?

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Who ever said they were supposed to be boss collection logs? As far as I know they're just called collection logs. OSRS tracks a whole bunch of other stuff in theirs as well (see here) so why should we make them boss-only?

Besides things like the barrows chest are already blurring the lines, since that's more minigame and reward chest than it is a boss drop.
Nazuths wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 pm I personally don't really care for clue logs either, they're probably not logged anyways so everyone will start from 0, I don't fancy opening another 900 elites to fill the slots
Even if that is so, what's the harm in tracking them from now on? You may not care to take on this challenge (again) but I'm sure there are players out there who would like to, and more others who will be joining the server in the future.
Isaac wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm What's the point in introducing a clue log if you're already 300 (not tracked) elites into your collection? It's not important and it's causing a lot of overlap by the sounds of it.
What's the point of denying everyone the chance to ever have clue tracking just because it wasn't tracked perfectly from day one? With every day that passes this becomes less of a problem. In a few years hardly anyone would even remember that there was a time when clues weren't tracked, nor will they care.

Remember that when Jagex released the collection log they didn't prefill any of your past drops, only the untradeable items which you currently had on your account. Would you also say that it was pointless for Jagex to add collection logs for boss drops just because they weren't tracked since the dawn of time? I think that would be very short-sighted tbh. You gotta keep moving forward instead of being tied down by the imperfections of the past. The success of OSRS collection logs literally proves that it's a good idea to introduce these things even if you can't prefill them perfectly.

Maybe I'm being cynical but to me the reasoning sounds like: "No one else is ever allowed to have clue tracking because I want my collection log to be all green and I cbf to do clues again"