Magic accuracy in pvp.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should be done

Option 1
75%
Option 2
21%
Option 3
4%

Total votes: 28

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: Magic accuracy in pvp.

Post by Elon musky » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Monys wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:39 am
Xsquire1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:42 am Magic has received its buff in the most recent update with the addition of Spellbook Swapping. No need for an accuracy buff anymore. (In my opinion)
I wouldn't say that overshadows the problem of accuracy
All I honestly care about is survivability. Having a spellbook swapping ability has taken survivability and cut it in half. You’re not splashing a TB in max gear 5 times unless someone is using the protection from magic spell (in which the number of splashes is relevant because they are using the proper protection). Magic accuracy will also be receiving another boost in a few months with the addition of COX and the Kodia Wand.

I’m not a fan of stacking multiple magic buffs in a continuous manner. Again, it’s just my opinion, I’m just tired of seeing my Hardcore brothers call to the corruption of Battlemage.

#makecwhelmsdegradable

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Xsquire1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:04 pm
Monys wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:39 am
Xsquire1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:42 am Magic has received its buff in the most recent update with the addition of Spellbook Swapping. No need for an accuracy buff anymore. (In my opinion)
I wouldn't say that overshadows the problem of accuracy
All I honestly care about is survivability. Having a spellbook swapping ability has taken survivability and cut it in half. You’re not splashing a TB in max gear 5 times unless someone is using the protection from magic spell (in which the number of splashes is relevant because they are using the proper protection). Magic accuracy will also be receiving another boost in a few months with the addition of COX and the Kodia Wand.

I’m not a fan of stacking multiple magic buffs in a continuous manner. Again, it’s just my opinion, I’m just tired of seeing my Hardcore brothers call to the corruption of Battlemage.

#makecwhelmsdegradable
How has survivability been cut in half because of spellbook swap? People can still use tb alts in absolute max gear and another max geared account to kill you which gives you the same survivability percentage. Also, magic prayer doesn't increase or decrease the splash rate of spells, it only reduces damage and the TB time by 2.5 minutes.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Nazuths wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:21 pm How has survivability been cut in half because of spellbook swap? People can still use tb alts in absolute max gear and another max geared account to kill you which gives you the same survivability percentage. Also, magic prayer doesn't increase or decrease the splash rate of spells, it only reduces damage and the TB time by 2.5 minutes.
I SAID WHAT I SAID ABOUT SURVIVABILITY! Don’t argue with my opinion.

And fine. We can buff magic accuracy if (and only if) they add a magic accuracy protection to the magic protection spell. Like a 10% increase to the chance of splashing when using the correct protection spell. That will benefit the people who perform the proper protection spell swapping while also appeasing the cry baby squad.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Bump

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 pm

unbump, this discussion jeopardizes pvmers

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:08 pm

daily bomp
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Still support

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:35 pm

If all goes well (and the bosses agree), this will be included in an upcoming update. If it is deemed too powerful, it is something that will be re-adjusted.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Magic is too op as is

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:20 am

Thoby wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:35 pm If all goes well (and the bosses agree), this will be included in an upcoming update. If it is deemed too powerful, it is something that will be re-adjusted.
Here is the real reason why this should seriously be reconsidered before throwing it into an update.

This post completely ignores the primary food source on this server and the impact it has. Saradomin brew mechanics are the reason why the other combat styles required such a drastic buff.

As you know, when sipping brews, it increases your defense and hit points, while lowering all other stats. With an increase in defense, it is quite a challenge to use the combat styles that hits are calculated on the opponent’s defense level (melee and range) which is why they had to be buffed in order to somewhat counteract this mechanic. Essentially making it the more you brew, the more you tank.

Magic is complete different as it uses the opponents magic level to calculate accuracy and damage. Therefore, this mechanic actually works in favor of the magic user, because the more brews being used, the more damage and accuracy the attacker will have on its opponent.

If you decide to stack another bonus on top of the accuracy and damage bonus received from lower stats, there is only one portion of the community that will benefit from this addition.

In summary, brews are the main source of food on this server, and no one will argue that fact. Brews naturally increase defense which is why those attack styles required a buff. Brews lower magic which increases magic defense and accuracy.... that is all of the buff they need.