Magic accuracy in pvp.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should be done

Option 1
75%
Option 2
21%
Option 3
4%

Total votes: 28

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: Magic accuracy in pvp.

Post by Elon musky » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:06 pm Can we also add that freezes on hcims always stick?
Racism will not be tolerated in my server.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:51 pm

Elon musky wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:20 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:06 pm Can we also add that freezes on hcims always stick?
Racism will not be tolerated in my server.
Big fucking joke when having V0x and Warspear still on the server!

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:53 pm

I haven't pked pvmers in quite a while, but I still don't think magic is that bad...

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Uim legolas wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:53 pm I haven't pked pvmers in quite a while, but I still don't think magic is that bad...
I can write an even bigger essay but I've typed a fair amount here already.
- It's a combat triangle you can't rebalance two of the three attack styles and leave the other out like that for no reason. Core combat fundamentals.
- If you splash, and you will, your opponent is gone to pathing between 0 and 20 tiles of them running away.
- 99 magic costs nothing to achieve yet it's a huge factor in the magic defensive calculations sure you get 99 offensive magic too, but the magic defensive equipment is hella cheap and strong.

So you're fighting 3iteming pvmer noobs with your 10b-500b gear (arguably more with charged battlemage) and if you're alone it's about 50-50 he gets away because you can't land any spell at all. While nhing or in a pvp max setup fight sure you splash some but you won't burst a brain aneurysm as often because your opponent had to work for that gear he's in and he's not trying to run away from you where pathing and dead tiles decide the outcome. But because magic is artificially weaker it means it's not an attack style worth choosing for it's damage in the far majority of situations. While in the exact same situation on osrs it would be worth it, because there's a respected combat triangle there. You can't expect your freeze to land on your opponent ever so that means the other not handicapped attack style (melee) will put an end to your life forcing you to camp protect melee which exposes you to ranged attacks on your low range defensive equipment. Nhing is therefore broken at it's core. You can't rely on going for a magic stack because you expose your window of opportunity by splashing so often. This isn't such a big deal if we nerf ranged and melee, which is a better option than doing nothing.
I'm not complaining because I splash in a 500m gear setup or something weak like that. I'm in the top 3 theoretical possible magic setups in the game and it's a baddddd experience. Sometimes you splash but the b2b2b splashing is keyboard smashing worthy. The other day I splash 4 out of 4 and today 3 out of 5 with below setup. All because some1's wearing a nezzy and black dhide top and bottom. Rng is rng but when that rng is rigged from the start for no particular reason it's just infuriating.

This is one of my setups. My solution in the past was to improve my gear but I've been using druidic and shit for years and I can't even tell you if I even noticed an improvement.
Last edited by The underdog on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#Justice4Church

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 pm

bump lol

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:55 pm

The underdog wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:45 pm
Uim legolas wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:53 pm I haven't pked pvmers in quite a while, but I still don't think magic is that bad...
- It's a combat triangle you can't rebalance two of the three attack styles and leave the other out like that for no reason. Core combat fundamentals.
- If you splash, and you will, your opponent is gone to pathing between 0 and 20 tiles of them running away.
- 99 magic costs nothing to achieve yet it's a huge factor in the magic defensive calculations sure you get 99 offensive magic too, but the magic defensive equipment is hella cheap and strong.

So you're fighting 3iteming pvmer noobs with your 10b-500b gear (arguably more with charged battlemage) and if you're alone it's about 50-50 he gets away because you can't land any spell at all. While nhing or in a pvp max setup fight sure you splash some but you won't burst a brain aneurysm as often because your opponent had to work for that gear he's in and he's not trying to run away from you where pathing and dead tiles decide the outcome. But because magic is artificially weaker it means it's not an attack style worth choosing for it's damage in the far majority of situations. While in the exact same situation on osrs it would be worth it, because there's a respected combat triangle there. You can't expect your freeze to land on your opponent ever so that means the other not handicapped attack style (melee) will put an end to your life forcing you to camp protect melee which exposes you to ranged attacks on your low range defensive equipment. Nhing is therefore broken at it's core. You can't rely on going for a magic stack because you expose your window of opportunity by splashing so often. This isn't such a big deal if we nerf ranged and melee, which is a better option than doing nothing.
I'm not complaining because I splash in a 500m gear setup or something weak like that. I'm in the top 3 theoretical possible magic setups in the game and it's a baddddd experience. Sometimes you splash but the b2b2b splashing is keyboard smashing worthy. The other day I splash 4 out of 4 and today 3 out of 5 with below setup. All because some1's wearing a nezzy and black dhide top and bottom. Rng is rng but when that rng is rigged from the start for no particular reason it's just infuriating.

This is one of my setups. My solution in the past was to improve my gear but I've been using druidic and shit for years and I can't even tell you if I even noticed an improvement.
I wish you would provide evidence for any of the claims you ever make. Everything you said above means nothing if you don’t provide OBJECTIVE proof (not a 10 second clip of you splashing).

Would love to see you cast a spell 1000 on different gears to calculate an average accuracy rate. And record it all so we can see what you’re taking about

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Elon musky wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:55 pm

I wish you would provide evidence for any of the claims you ever make. Everything you said above means nothing if you don’t provide OBJECTIVE proof (not a 10 second clip of you splashing).

Would love to see you cast a spell 1000 on different gears to calculate an average accuracy rate. And record it all so we can see what you’re taking about
It means nothing if I splash spells on 1000s of different gears or 0, it doesn't say or mean anything just like the 10sec clip doesn't mean shit (that was a meme). That's why I gave you 'OBJECTIVE' proof by giving fact checkable arguments. It's theoretically possible I splash every spell I cast in my entire life even if it's 99% accuracy. I also am very aware of confirmation bias, that's why I don't spam this thread every time I splash in the wild or 100 times b2b. But this is simply a recurring thing that's been ongoing for too long.

Objective proof is in my examples.
In the accuracy calculations there is an accuracy boosting value for MELEE and for RANGED. Not for magic. While the calculations remain the same in the core across all three.

If you splash it weighs more because your opponent will be gone to pathing or dead tiles, this objective proof was given in the form of glitch reports.

99 magic costs nothing to achieve and the defensive equipment is very cheap. Example A, you make a new account use the xp lamps and buy black dhide ranged setup in the shop. All in the time span of seconds. Defensive equipment is strong and cheap, a part of the reason why MELEE and RANGED did get that accuracy factor that magic does not have.

The reason MELEE and RANGED did get an accuracy boosting value is mostly because of subjective reasons, the sentiment by pkers that shit's inaccurate af.
Why not MAGIC? because magic was BUGGED at the time, making it overpowered. However since this bug was addressed it exposes the inbalance that was laying in the core of it all. All I'm asking here is to bring everything back in line with eachother, most pkers feel that magic is the weaker attack style now it's just that there's less pker vs pker scenario's now than there was years ago when everyone would be hating on accuracy making it stand out. My clan being dominant in wild at the moment and only killing pkers makes it look like a shitty story just to kill more pvmers and yes I'd love to kill those pvmers. But I think the core of the combat system has to be right with a super high priority. Every day we wait fights in the wilderness are not how they should be and causing a lot more harm than good.

And as Thoby said, it's nothing permanent, if we feel it is too strong then we can always revert it. MELEE and RANGED buffs weren't that crazy that you never hit a 0 in pvp with them. Either way you shouldn't rely on people splashing on you for your escape. I most certainly do not do that myself and should this accuracy buff happen (which won't be 0 to 100 but just enough for a noticable increase) then you are aware of it beforehand and can take extra precaution.
#Justice4Church

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 pm

The underdog wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm

It means nothing if I splash spells on 1000s of different gears or 0, it doesn't say or mean anything just like the 10sec clip doesn't mean shit (that was a meme). That's why I gave you 'OBJECTIVE' proof by giving fact checkable arguments. It's theoretically possible I splash every spell I cast in my entire life even if it's 99% accuracy. I also am very aware of confirmation bias, that's why I don't spam this thread every time I splash in the wild or 100 times b2b. But this is simply a recurring thing that's been ongoing for too long.

In the accuracy calculations there is an accuracy boosting value for MELEE and for RANGED. Not for magic. While the calculations remain the same in the core across all three.

If you splash it weighs more because your opponent will be gone to pathing or dead tiles, this objective proof was given in the form of glitch reports.

99 magic costs nothing to achieve and the defensive equipment is very cheap. Example A, you make a new account use the xp lamps and buy black dhide ranged setup in the shop. All in the time span of seconds. Defensive equipment is strong and cheap, a part of the reason why MELEE and RANGED did get that accuracy factor that magic does not have.

The reason MELEE and RANGED did get an accuracy boosting value is mostly because of subjective reasons, the sentiment by pkers that shit's inaccurate af.
Why not MAGIC? because magic was BUGGED at the time, making it overpowered. However since this bug was addressed it exposes the inbalance that was laying in the core of it all. All I'm asking here is to bring everything back in line with eachother, most pkers feel that magic is the weaker attack style now it's just that there's less pker vs pker scenario's now than there was years ago when everyone would be hating on accuracy making it stand out. My clan being dominant in wild at the moment and only killing pkers makes it look like a shitty story just to kill more pvmers and yes I'd love to kill those pvmers. But I think the core of the combat system has to be right with a super high priority. Every day we wait fights in the wilderness are not how they should be and causing a lot more harm than good.
Ok..... so if all you want is equality (that’s what I got from reading the blabber) then just nerf Melee and Range accuracy? That will bring them all back in line and make Magic the best again.....

But I know you wouldn’t like that, because then it would be harder to kill PVMERs, you want it easier.

Edit: Buffing magic would only benefit the predator/prey relationship. It would make freezes more often, and damage output to go up if there is only one attacker. While in a pker vs pker scenario, it would equal out ANYWAYS. So it would only make sense to nerf the other 2 if you want a balanced gameplay instead of raising the damage output ceiling higher than it currently is which is already too high IMO.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Elon musky wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 pm

Ok..... so if all you want is equality (that’s what I got from reading the blabber) then just nerf Melee and Range accuracy? That will bring them all back in line and make Magic the best again.....

But I know you wouldn’t like that, because then it would be harder to kill PVMERs, you want it easier.

Edit: Buffing magic would only benefit the predator/prey relationship. It would make freezes more often, and damage output to go up if there is only one attacker. While in a pker vs pker scenario, it would equal out ANYWAYS. So it would only make sense to nerf the other 2 if you want a balanced gameplay instead of raising the damage output ceiling higher than it currently is which is already too high IMO.
Aka you didn't read. Nerfing melee and ranged is literally one of the options I gave multiple times on this thread and in the poll.
#Justice4Church

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:46 pm

The underdog wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Elon musky wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 pm

Aka you didn't read. Nerfing melee and ranged is literally one of the options I gave multiple times on this thread and in the poll.
And instead of providing objective proof, you simply came up with excuses why you can’t provide objective proof. You can’t say something is unbalanced without proving it.

Just because we buffed melee and range compared to OSRS and left magic the same, how can you prove that we didn’t get the balance right while OSRS has it wrong?

Melee (99% of the time) does not immobilize people for 10 seconds. Range doesn’t either. Magic immobilizes and damages people.... that’s already an imbalance because it can do something that the other attack styles can’t do. Should it immobilize and do just as much damage as melee or range? I would argue it shouldn’t. So less accuracy and damage, but impairment attributes sound alike a fair balance to me.

Balance is about give and take.... do you wanna stop a person from running? Freeze them.... just Cmaul and range them for 20 wilderness levels and do more damage or use magic to freeze them, so they can inflict more damage overtime?