Magic accuracy in pvp.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should be done

Option 1
75%
Option 2
21%
Option 3
4%

Total votes: 28

The underdog
Premium Donator

Magic accuracy in pvp.

Post by The underdog » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:16 am

So I'd like to discuss magic accuracy in pvp, last time I brought this up it was shown with facts and formulas how accuracy worked. Since we never discussed it any further...

Most of it is exactly like osrs, but since everyone has 99 defence people often complained melee and ranged wasn't accurate enough. Which I agreed with, remember the 50x 0 whip attacks in dharoks fights etc? Meaning ranged and melee have an accuracy bonus.
So there's a slight reduction of the opponents total defence roll in the calculated accuracy/chance to hit. It often comes down to like 1-20% more chance to hit compared to osrs.

Magic HAD an accuracy bonus, but that was actually a bug iirc. That bug made it accurate for a long time, since the bug got fixed we've got osrs magic accuracy. Unlike a slightly boosted version. I came across a YouTube video of osrs pking recently where I think he felt it was too inaccurate on osrs too lol.
Spoiler: show
9:23
Because it's a combat triangle and 2 out of the 3 have this artificial bonus accuracy, magic is relatively the worst out of the 3. Apart from some ranged inconsistencies aka broken bolts which Thoby is aware of.

So there's 3 real options imo

1. Give magic the same bonus that range and melee have. Every new player already has 99 magic and defence, every bolt rag account everyone. So when you're in max mage it feels really inaccurate to even fight somebody in rune coz they have the magic 99 and def 99 that factor heavy in the accuracy.

2. Change nothing.
It's not that bad as it is, however I often already prioritize magic accuracy over damage equipment. Which just doesn't help enough I'm still doing 5x b2b splashes on rune pvmers really often and in brid or nh you can't ever rely on your magic switch even if they're in tank. Especially when these broken bolts will get fixed, magic will get pounded even harder.

3. Remove the artificial accuracy bonuses from ranged and melee.
I don't really prefer this option because when you're nhing or something 1v1 and you're starting a combo it will just end very often in hitting that 0 that makes them survive ez again. Devalues 1v1 fights and promotes rushing, clan tagging etc.

Discuss! Or not give a crap like with my cw thread, up2u.
Last edited by The underdog on Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#Justice4Church

Raj
Developer

Re: Magic accuracy in pvp.

Post by Raj » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 am

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=78878
Thoby wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:58 pm So the inaccuracy most likely has to do with everyone being level 99 defence, boosted to 125, swimming in defensive equipment. But at the end of the day, the formula's are 100% like they should be. Well, almost like they should be. As a sharp few of you might've noticed, there's only 1 difference: we subtract 35% of the melee and ranged defence in PvP combat (coloured 'em for ya).

Why, you ask? Well, this is something that was changed around by Mike because the community felt like they were too inaccurate. Mage doesn't get this reduction, so that explains why so many players were experiencing inaccurate magic spells. However, 'fixing' the combat formula would mean we would only hit more 0's.

So this is primarely a call to the PvP-community on what to do. Add the reduction to mage aswell? Remove the reductions? What do you think?
The underdog wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:16 am 1. Give magic the same bonus that range and melee have. Every new player already has 99 magic and defence, every bolt rag account everyone. So when you're in max mage it feels really inaccurate to even fight somebody in rune coz they have the magic 99 and def 99 that factor heavy in the accuracy.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Yes, I'm in favour of the first option, really triggering to hit 8 splashes in a row in a fight

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Bump because lack of input.
#Justice4Church

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:10 am

I think option 1 is the best option; not to mention, if it's deemed too powerful we can always change it. Option 3 will probably be disliked, because that's just not how PvP accuracy works on here.

I'll see what I can do.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:34 am

option1 good yes

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:33 pm

BUMP

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:42 am

Magic has received its buff in the most recent update with the addition of Spellbook Swapping. No need for an accuracy buff anymore. (In my opinion)

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:39 am

Xsquire1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:42 am Magic has received its buff in the most recent update with the addition of Spellbook Swapping. No need for an accuracy buff anymore. (In my opinion)
I wouldn't say that overshadows the problem of accuracy

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:41 am

i support whatever option increase splashing on pvmers