Castle Wars

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Akuizm
Premium Donator

Re: Castle Wars

Post by Akuizm » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:19 am

There just isn't enough people endgame to want the sets. Every new player would rather grind nex sets since its easier to get and charge. Sad life :cry:

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Pain and misery
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Purex666
Honor Player

Post by Purex666 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm

the sets are not even for pvming.. they are for pvp.. and most the sever is pvm.. so thats most of the problem..also nex sets are better and ezer to maintain over all.. however if the gear was buffed a bit more might make them better for pvm.. also vanguard is 100% trash only looks good..
with a negative magic def you just get hit no matter what.. and battle mage.. has way better def.. then any set..

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Purex666 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm the sets are not even for pvming.. they are for pvp.. and most the sever is pvm.. so thats most of the problem..also nex sets are better and ezer to maintain over all.. however if the gear was buffed a bit more might make them better for pvm.. also vanguard is 100% trash only looks good..
with a negative magic def you just get hit no matter what.. and battle mage.. has way better def.. then any set..
I'd rather not make them more overpowered... They're already very good... And with powercreep and all... The original 2011 RuneScape Vanguard set had -60 Magic defence... Most melee equipment has negative magic defence... Bandos equipment has -10 Magic defence too... I think it has to do with the combat triangle...

Nonetheless, I don't think the issue is in the armor sets themselves. Some wonderful points were made by The Underdog in this thread, but I don't think the direct issue lies with the sets.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Purex666
Honor Player

Post by Purex666 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Thoby wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 pm
Purex666 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm the sets are not even for pvming.. they are for pvp.. and most the sever is pvm.. so thats most of the problem..also nex sets are better and ezer to maintain over all.. however if the gear was buffed a bit more might make them better for pvm.. also vanguard is 100% trash only looks good..
I'd rather not make them more overpowered... They're already very good... And with powercreep and all... The original 2011 RuneScape Vanguard set had -60 Magic defence... Most melee equipment has negative magic defence... Bandos equipment has -10 Magic defence too... I think it has to do with the combat triangle...

Nonetheless, I don't think the issue is in the armor sets themselves. Some wonderful points were made by The Underdog in this thread, but I don't think the direct issue lies with the sets.
yeh but im also trying to stick to... ranger beat magic, magic beats melee, melee beats ranger.
also try vanguard vs battle mage in pvp.
"I think the fault lies with in battle mages ranger def". It should be a -6 as well then. 3rd yr trying to use CW gear lol..and thats what I see for balancing.. I just cant find a place to use it at other then. demonic gorillas and tormented demons for pvm...tryed it at tob as well its ok ish but the hp is to low died alot from magic hits as well..
Ive also tested the zamorak bow with the zamorak god arrows.. for pvp.. and pvm.. the bow is to slow..
Its slower then casting with magic.. witch is a let down.. should be same speed as a magic short bow..or at least equal to magic casting speed so the problem could also be the zamorak bow.
you do have to remember this sever started when rs3 was out.. osrs is far behind torva stats wize.
so the sever was taking rs3 gear and making it fix into 07 game play.
sry im just trying to give you as much information as i possibly can.. your doing you best to making the game balanced and enjoyable for everyone and I appreciate it.