Mystery box to vote shop

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Donut man1
Novice

Mystery box to vote shop

Post by Donut man1 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:31 am

I would like that we get to buy Mystery boxs in the vote shop for 500 vote points like we used to be able to before buying 250 donor points for 500 vote points idk i don't see a problem in adding it to vote shop maybe someone wants to open reg vote box and no advance box every time?

and also is it possible to maybe add new drops to mystery box? like custom colored party hats or new elegant colors?

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Re: Mystery box to vote shop

Post by Troll n roll » Sat May 30, 2020 1:13 am

I'd be curious to see the amount of mystery boxes purchased after donor credits were made tradeable. I'd bet it's decreased a lot.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sat May 30, 2020 1:19 am

Troll n roll wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:13 am I'd be curious to see the amount of mystery boxes purchased after donor credits were made tradeable. I'd bet it's decreased a lot.
It's to the point where the value of donator credits is more than the value of the mystery boxes. Plus with the fact that donator credits are more in demand, I doubt very few have been bought

Donut man1
Novice

Post by Donut man1 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:35 am

Troll n roll wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:13 am I'd be curious to see the amount of mystery boxes purchased after donor credits were made tradeable. I'd bet it's decreased a lot.
tbh i would also love to see that if they got the numbers or even a graph over time

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Sat May 30, 2020 2:12 pm

I've noticed lately that there haven't been any in the GE... compared to how they used to be.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun May 31, 2020 12:35 am

Part of the reason druidic skyrocket in price, 0 new sets coming in eco and lots hoarded and leaving eco.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 am

Sure why not

Wrath of nyx
Premium Donator

Post by Wrath of nyx » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:35 am

Support.

Luky911

Post by Luky911 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 am

yes and add all the elegant colors from osrs since its in osrs it shouldn't cause problems

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:58 am

Not that much. Mystery boxes accounted for ~35% of our sales before, now it's 20-25%. This makes sense because back then the only things you could buy were mboxes, statuses and custom whips. Now there's a lot more items in the donator shop + occasional rare sales so the purchases are more spread out.
Donut man1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:35 am tbh i would also love to see that if they got the numbers or even a graph over time
It wouldn't tell you that much because it's also subject to how well the server is doing. For example in the last 6 months of 2019 we sold less than half as many mboxes as we did in the first 6 months of 2020. The relative popularity of mystery boxes didn't really change though (as you can see below). The last 6 months of 2019 were just really bad in terms of donations.

Relatively speaking...

2018/01-06: 34.4%
2018/07-12: 37.4%
2019/01-06: 34.6% << donator credits became tradeable (25 May 2019)
2019/07-12: 21.2%
2020/01-06: 22.3%

Keep in mind, this is meant to represent the popularity of mystery boxes as a choice of what to spend credits on. It's relative to other donator shop purchases and does not take into account the total volume of donations. So although the percentages drop by about 1/3rd, in absolute terms the number of mboxes entering the eco has more or less been halved compared to 2 years ago because of the overall decrease in donations.
The underdog wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:35 am Part of the reason druidic skyrocket in price, 0 new sets coming in eco and lots hoarded and leaving eco.
0 new sets coming into the eco? That is not true. Mystery boxes still get opened by the thousands, but of course the druidic drop rates are pretty low. For 2020 so far, the rate of druidic entering the game has been 15% higher than in 2019 (which was a really bad year for donations) but is still only half as much as in 2018.

Still, I actually think this is a good thing. In the past so many mbox items flooded into the game that they became dirt cheap. It might be best that prices can recover a little.
Donut man1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:31 am I would like that we get to buy Mystery boxs in the vote shop for 500 vote points like we used to be able to before buying 250 donor points for 500 vote points idk i don't see a problem in adding it to vote shop maybe someone wants to open reg vote box and no advance box every time?

and also is it possible to maybe add new drops to mystery box? like custom colored party hats or new elegant colors?
Our plan for the vote store is still to make it 100% cosmetic, so adding mystery boxes would be a step in the wrong direction. I do think the mystery boxes need some love in general. Personally what I think we should do is rework the advanced mystery box into a cosmetic-only mystery box (in its current form it's really unpopular anyway).

Overall we are not a fan of making the vote shop an alternative source that brings donator items into the game. The vote process is prone to abuse (think VPN's, proxies, mobile networks, ...) and we are limited in our ability to prevent this.

Most people who get mystery boxes sell them so... Let's say we add mystery boxes to the vote shop. If there's 100 people voting every day and you get enough points to buy a mystery box every 3 days, that means there's 1000 mystery boxes entering the game every month (and most of those will go straight to GE). It's largely a matter of supply and demand so that would probably mean 1000 fewer mystery boxes get sold through the donator shop every month. Given the server's financial state this would not be a wise move.

I do think mystery boxes are a great choice for the vote shop, but let's keep it separate from the donator items so that (multi)voting doesn't become an alternative source of donator items. That's why I would rather see the advanced mystery box turned into something more appealing.