racism on this server

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thoby
Developer

Re: racism on this server

Post by Thoby » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:13 am

Uimpepsi wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:06 am
Monys wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:37 pm @Uimpepsi is a girl if I remember correctly...
Have to wait til I make my video then won't you
VIDEO HYPE
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

1c
Rookie

Post by 1c » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:24 pm

I wonder if there is a way to automatically block out racism on this server? Potentially if Racist words are used they automatically get ********* or it stops you from even sending the sentence, like a warning? Is that an option? @Thoby

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:55 pm

1c wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:24 pm I wonder if there is a way to automatically block out racism on this server? Potentially if Racist words are used they automatically get ********* or it stops you from even sending the sentence, like a warning? Is that an option? @Thoby
Yes, that is a possibility, except it would be very easy to get around the censorship.Take for example the word 'help'. It could be rewritten as halp, h3lp, hilp, holp, helb, heIp (capital I), he|p, heIb, and so on.

Long story short. Yes it's possible, but there will be loopholes that won't make it work.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:07 pm

Brant wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:55 pm
1c wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:24 pm I wonder if there is a way to automatically block out racism on this server? Potentially if Racist words are used they automatically get ********* or it stops you from even sending the sentence, like a warning? Is that an option? @Thoby
Yes, that is a possibility, except it would be very easy to get around the censorship.Take for example the word 'help'. It could be rewritten as halp, h3lp, hilp, holp, helb, heIp (capital I), he|p, heIb, and so on.

Long story short. Yes it's possible, but there will be loopholes that won't make it work.
^^^

People could also start using entirely other words to convey some message. "An hero yourself" would mean "kill yourself", for example. There are so many more obvious ways to say racist things. Other languages, or even just english slang. Not to mention some words are only racist when used in a certain context (e.g "monkey"). If you wanna be racist then you're going to find a way

The issue also isn't that people get offended by actual offensive things. If they read "******" they'll still know someone was being extremely rude and usually they'll know what is being said. The issue is that people are actually saying it, and those people should be punished for doing so. I can't really imagine someone getting muted for saying what looks like "******" to everyone, but it's easy to see someone will be muted for saying "nigger"

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Lieven wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:07 pm
Brant wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:55 pm

^^^

People could also start using entirely other words to convey some message. "An hero yourself" would mean "kill yourself", for example. There are so many more obvious ways to say racist things. Other languages, or even just english slang. Not to mention some words are only racist when used in a certain context (e.g "monkey"). If you wanna be racist then you're going to find a way

The issue also isn't that people get offended by actual offensive things. If they read "******" they'll still know someone was being extremely rude and usually they'll know what is being said. The issue is that people are actually saying it, and those people should be punished for doing so. I can't really imagine someone getting muted for saying what looks like "******" to everyone, but it's easy to see someone will be muted for saying "nigger"
Please mute him^

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:23 pm

I thought this question/debate was cleared up like 3 years ago.

Any form of discrimination, or usage of derogatory words that are used with the intention to cause offense are punishable.

The context of the conversation is taken into account. However, if you are unsure of the context that the language is being used in, you are encouraged to Screenshot (::SS) the potential offense, and submit a report on the forums.

Diskid
Honor Player

Post by Diskid » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:31 am

honestly though, if your reaction to seeing these words on pkh is to leave pkh despite their being rules that are enforced against said words, you shouldn't be on the internet and shouldn't be in any online game period since u will leave them all due to people being edgy.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:26 am

Its almost like people don't want to be harassed when doing something that is supposed to be fun after they've worked/studied the entire day or have their only day off. Wow!

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:15 pm

Diskid wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:31 am honestly though, if your reaction to seeing these words on pkh is to leave pkh despite their being rules that are enforced against said words, you shouldn't be on the internet and shouldn't be in any online game period since u will leave them all due to people being edgy.
"Don't go online if you don't want to see this stuff" is a common defense people who say these kinds of things use to deflect criticism.

Hey aren't you the same guy who told me in discord that all edgy jokes are okay no matter what, while having the username "Hitler Was a Good Artist"? I'm not so sure your opinion on edgy comments, jokes, or just straight up racism is really all that well founded.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 pm

Ultimately, to put this discussion to bed, I think we can all acknowledge that we strike a fine balance between straight-up racist and derogatory remarks versus light-hearted banter without malice. IMO, the team does an excellent job at keeping PkHonor a nice environment for our players. As others has stated, if you do not like/agree with something going on then ::ss and report it. We are here to listen and will make a judgement call accordingly, making sure you know exactly why we reached that decision.