racism on this server

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: racism on this server

Post by Rapsey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm Imagine being racist or homophobic in 2020.... Sad life..

Although all the mods have said “nigga” is allowed but if it has an “r” on it then it’s not allowed? This is mind blowing... you don’t think that it’s also a direct indication of racism used in most context? Honestly the dumbest gate way allowing people to be racist under the condition that they change 1 letter in a word. Mind you I’m white as fuck so the word is practically meaningless to me. Just seems like a reason to be half ass in regards to having to hand out punishments.. just my 2c
We used to be against that too for a while, which then sparked a huge debate which ended with the majority of the community insisting that "nigga" should be allowed. It is a bit weird but kinda makes sense in practice. Personally I don't think I've ever seen "nigga" used in an insulting way, people just use it to sound cool to their friends lol.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Nigga is usually just allowed because most of the time it's not used in an offensive way and many times could even be in the lyrics or title of a song, so quoting or mentioning lyrics/titles would become semi against the rules.

Nigga still gets muted for if intentionally used in a racist way btw.

Before someone says we should say "n*gga" or something so feelings are spared or something, they are are a different kind of stupid if they're going to want people to say words like that because the meaning doesn't change anyways and it's generally a disturbance to read the asterisks while reading IMO...

Senior Moderator

Post by 026 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm Imagine being racist or homophobic in 2020.... Sad life..

Although all the mods have said “nigga” is allowed but if it has an “r” on it then it’s not allowed? This is mind blowing... you don’t think that it’s also a direct indication of racism used in most context? Honestly the dumbest gate way allowing people to be racist under the condition that they change 1 letter in a word. Mind you I’m white as fuck so the word is practically meaningless to me. Just seems like a reason to be half ass in regards to having to hand out punishments.. just my 2c
Lieven wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:50 pm Nigga still gets muted for if intentionally used in a racist way btw.
This. If it's used in a derogatory manner or as a loophole to the other variant, it will still be punished.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:07 pm

It is great to see everyone unite over this issue!

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Smh nigga

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Isn't it homophobic to insta-mute penis tho?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:20 pm

026 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:11 pm
Lieven wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:50 pm Nigga still gets muted for if intentionally used in a racist way btw.
This. If it's used in a derogatory manner or as a loophole to the other variant, it will still be punished.
Indeed. Same goes for homophobic remarks or any kind of profanity really. It's the way these words are used that matters. Only if you're being hateful will it be considered an offence. The opposite is also true, you could get muted for flaming someone even if you're not using any bad words. It's mostly a "spirit of the law" kind of thing. Which is basically: don't be a dick (pardon my French).

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Context matters in 2020? WHAAT?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Rapsey wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:20 pm
026 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:11 pm
Indeed. Same goes for homophobic remarks or any kind of profanity really. It's the way these words are used that matters. Only if you're being hateful will it be considered an offence. The opposite is also true, you could get muted for flaming someone even if you're not using any bad words. It's mostly a "spirit of the law" kind of thing. Which is basically: don't be a dick (pardon my French).
Does being sexist count? Because you just were sexist. What if someone is being a vagina? Do you hate women? Do you support the patriarchy? WTF?

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Lieven wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:28 pm
Rapsey wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:20 pm
Does being sexist count? Because you just were sexist. What if someone is being a vagina? Do you hate women? Do you support the patriarchy? WTF?
He did pardon his French, are you a nationalist now???