Who should be able to start a CoX raid?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: Who should be able to start a CoX raid?

Post by Azu rite » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Make it lieutenant+

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Azu rite wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:56 pm Make it lieutenant+
I agree with this personally, it allows you to give people access to forming raid parties without having to give them general ranks in your cc

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 pm

In Chambers on OSRS anybody with a rank can make a raiding party, recruit+. This person is the only person who can start the raid, regardless of who joins after.

To TRANSFER the raid, a person with a rank must be inside the raid, wait for somebody ALSO with rank to join, then hop worlds or leave the clan chat to pass the ability to start to the new person.
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Tom brady wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 pm In Chambers on OSRS anybody with a rank can make a raiding party, recruit+. This person is the only person who can start the raid, regardless of who joins after.

To TRANSFER the raid, a person with a rank must be inside the raid, wait for somebody ALSO with rank to join, then hop worlds or leave the clan chat to pass the ability to start to the new person.
If that's the case, we could have anyone be able to create the clan raid, limit it to 1 per clan, and allow general or lieutenant to kick a person if they don't want them to just start the raid on there own.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:29 pm

The way OSRS currently does it is shitty gamedesign IMO and should not be replicated on PKH. Nor should we reinvent the wheel. We should just use whatever is being used for ToB (Which saves some development time) but tweaked so that there's no maximum of 5 players. My personal opinion is don't fuck with clans, they're broken already and the bugs already existing wont be found or fixed without major delays to CoX.

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Lieven wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:29 pm The way OSRS currently does it is shitty gamedesign IMO and should not be replicated on PKH. Nor should we reinvent the wheel. We should just use whatever is being used for ToB (Which saves some development time) but tweaked so that there's no maximum of 5 players. My personal opinion is don't fuck with clans, they're broken already and the bugs already existing wont be found or fixed without major delays to CoX.
Agree. Use the existing system design, and change it up later if you absolutely have to.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:42 pm

The osrs system is much more convenient and intuitive. We should not take a shortcut.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Lieven wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:29 pm The way OSRS currently does it is shitty gamedesign IMO and should not be replicated on PKH. Nor should we reinvent the wheel. We should just use whatever is being used for ToB (Which saves some development time) but tweaked so that there's no maximum of 5 players. My personal opinion is don't fuck with clans, they're broken already and the bugs already existing wont be found or fixed without major delays to CoX.
That doesn't make much sense to.me tbh. I'm pretty sure just using clan membership will be way less work than porting a system that was designed for ToB and probably not implemented to be modular. As Mike already pointed out the ToB system would also be quite impractical to use with lots of players in a party. I'm also not aware of anything broken with clans that would delay CoX development so much as a minute.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:46 pm
That doesn't make much sense to.me tbh. I'm pretty sure just using clan membership will be way less work than porting a system that was designed for ToB and probably not implemented to be modular. As Mike already pointed out the ToB system would also be quite impractical to use with lots of players in a party. I'm also not aware of anything broken with clans that would delay CoX development so much as a minute.
Well my main reason I'm saying ccs are broken is because of how the ranking system sometimes gets screwed up. Also, what do we do with people in two ccs at once? I think porting the system for ToB would be less effort and, opposed to what Adam said, more intuitive than the cc system. It might have been/be more intuitive on OSRS because CoX came out first, and I dont know how ToB works on OSRS for parties, but if its the same like on pkh then we can sit here and complain about how unintuitive ToB is on here and on OSRS. An invite system will be more intuitive to current PKH players since they have to invite for ToB, which came out first on PKH, is also like that.

It might be impractical to invite 25 players or W.E to your party, but thats just worrying about QoL that might not be needed. Kind of like having the license plate 00000000ABC123 because there might be more cars in the future ;)

But yeah, I'm heavily advocating to seperate it from CCs. Dont force people to leave their chats or get a rank just to do start a raid. If I want to do raids with Respire for example, I'll need to leave The Church and either join Business or join my own/Respires. That sucks and definitely impacts the amount of activity in a cc, especially if its the talkative players which are doing raids. That or, well, don't make friends outside of your cc, which also sucks.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:51 pm

Why do I always get the feeling you're just trying to find ways to justify that you are right...
Lieven wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm Also, what do we do with people in two ccs at once?
Hardly an issue. As far as the game is concerned you're only in one CC anyway. Being able to access help CC as well through a different method has no impact on this whatsoever.
Lieven wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm I think porting the system for ToB would be less effort
No offence but I don't see how you can reach a conclusion like that when you don't have a clue what kind of work either option entails. You're just making up a guess without even a basis in fact.
Lieven wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm It might be impractical to invite 25 players or W.E to your party, but thats just worrying about QoL that might not be needed. Kind of like having the license plate 00000000ABC123 because there might be more cars in the future ;)
Dude, you're reference makes no sense. This isn't about planning for the future like you trying to make sure we have enough IP addresses for every creature that will ever live until the end of the universe. This is a downside to your proposal that will be there from day one. If you're gonna try to use my own words against me at least try to make sure they are vaguely applicable to the situation...