Who should be able to start a CoX raid?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Raj
Developer

Re: Who should be able to start a CoX raid?

Post by Raj » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:51 pm

I think most clans these days are equipped to deal with trolls, and if someone is trolling it isn't so much effort to leave for a friends cc. On the other hand, making it so only the CC owner can start a raid would be a pain every single time you go to raid.

One thing I'm wondering, if it goes the 'anyone can start a raid' route, is it possible to have more than one team in a cc raiding? Say I go in, and 5 of my CC members come in behind me, and we leave the first room, would it be set up so that anyone else from my CC can start a raid behind us since we're no longer joinable? I'm also not familiar at all with CoX on OSRS, and I have no clue how scouting plays into any of this, so if this is a stupid thing to ask, my bad

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Eh, I think setting it to Lt + for a clan chat would suffice for clan chats

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Monys wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm Eh, I think setting it to Lt + for a clan chat would suffice for clan chats
Agreed, I don't see why we need to differ from OSRS here given what Mike (and others in this thread have) said and how easy it is to just make a new CC.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Mike wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 pm

One possibility is that someone needs to have a minimum rank within a CC to start a raid party. A second possibility is that, once a party is made, you only have a couple of minutes before you have to actually start the raid. If you don't start the raid in time, your party will be automatically disbanded.
this seems like a decent idea or just add an option to clan chat setup menu for 'Who can start Raid'

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Patel wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Monys wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm Eh, I think setting it to Lt + for a clan chat would suffice for clan chats
Agreed, I don't see why we need to differ from OSRS here given what Mike (and others in this thread have) said and how easy it is to just make a new CC.
Yeah but don't forget about this bug: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=79760

Not a huge deal now but if a larger piece of content is depending on the clans functioning this will become a tad more annoying.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:42 pm

If I have to believe my pro-raider friends you have to have the ability to kick people in a CC in order to start a raid, I guess that should work or just set a certain rank

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:55 am

Iron adam wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 pm
Mike wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 pm In my initial implementation a while ago, I had made the raids as such that anyone inside a clan can create a new raid party, provided there are no raid parties within that clan chat yet. He then also becomes the leader of that party.
You are correct. This is the way it works on OSRS.

We should definitely use clan chats to form the party. A minimum rank required to make a party would probably be a good idea. Just put in a very clear error message: "A rank of X or higher is required to form a Party".
This^

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:52 am

Isaac wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:02 pm Can we make it the same as the TOB, create a party and go from there. Keep things nice and streamlined.
This but with a twist. Use the display board outside of CoX instead of the book.

When you click on it (the display board), you can either A, join a group that hasn't started, or B, start your own. Give each "party" a unique ID to keep everything seperated.

If you choose to join a group, (say I clicked on Nazuths' name on the list of available raids), you join that cc, (or a CC/party chat) that is automatically created when Nazuth made his group, allowing you to stay in your "main cc" and in the "party cc", like joining #pkhonor and #ironscc, with you using / and \ to talk in each cc.

Just remove whatever limiters there are with the ToB process, allowing more than 5 to join the party.

One you join the party, you can enter the 'standby room' of CoX, but you can't start the actual raid until everyone who joined the party is there, or the stragglers are kicked.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Cancerstick wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:52 am
Isaac wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:02 pm Can we make it the same as the TOB, create a party and go from there. Keep things nice and streamlined.
This but with a twist. Use the display board outside of CoX instead of the book.

When you click on it (the display board), you can either A, join a group that hasn't started, or B, start your own. Give each "party" a unique ID to keep everything seperated.

If you choose to join a group, (say I clicked on Nazuths' name on the list of available raids), you join that cc, (or a CC/party chat) that is automatically created when Nazuth made his group, allowing you to stay in your "main cc" and in the "party cc", like joining #pkhonor and #ironscc, with you using / and \ to talk in each cc.

Just remove whatever limiters there are with the ToB process, allowing more than 5 to join the party.

One you join the party, you can enter the 'standby room' of CoX, but you can't start the actual raid until everyone who joined the party is there, or the stragglers are kicked.
I prefer this but would also support simply taking the same system from ToB but removing the limit of 5 in a party. Making a more advanced system would just be feature creep/minor QoL. For those few times that it'll actually become a pain in the ass to invite lots of people in the same party I think we're wasting more time here on the thread discussing and implementing it than the time people will lose by inviting others the "manual" way.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Sounds like a minimum rank would be the ideal solution. If we make it general+ or something then we should have all the QoL benefits without any of the abuse. It's basically owner-only except in a way that's manageable for large clans.