Ghost Town?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Prush
Rookie

Ghost Town?

Post by Prush » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Hey!

I’ve noticed when you’re in-game the vibes are great- everyone’s communicating, skilling, pvming, slayer, flaming.. loving.. but then you come to the forum and there’s really not many people talking at all.

I like the forum activity because it’s a great way for new users to see how active and/or friendly the server is before joining. Let’s work on activity!

Not sure if this is completely the right section.. but write a little about what you do in-game for fun. What is your goal? What do you do for money? What do you recommend new guys starting out doing? Let’s give the forum some love!

See you all in-game,
- Prush

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Ghost Town?

Post by Monys » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:17 pm

I recommend joining a clan. One of my favorite things to do is get on and chat with the clan I am a part of.

The forums are definitely not utilized by many players but hopefully with the new amount of players that are joining, they will come here as well.

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:11 pm

Most of our forum activity involves suggestions and bug reports. Any other type of threads usually end with people arguing, but hey, lets give this a shot.
Prush wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm write a little about what you do in-game for fun. What is your goal? What do you do for money?
I like to hang out with my brothers in [Irons cc]. I also like to collect items. I am working on 100k of many different items. I flip items in the ge for money. Once you get a certain amount of cash, pvming for money doesn't make sense anymore. With minimal effort, i can easily make 2-3B overnight.
Prush wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm What do you recommend new guys starting out doing?
Kingly implings has always been a good place to start. Hunter can suck a little, but kinglies are great for building up some cash so you can pvm. With the slayer update that just came out, there is big time money to be made in pvm.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:12 pm

I really do agree; I wish the forums would be more active. I try to post as much and stir up some healthy discussion once in a while; but overall not a lot of players venture to the forums. Not too sure why they don't. Nonetheless; this is a good time to start!

I personally don't really have ingame goals. If I set them, I get sidetracked from doing development work a whole bunch, which slows down update releases. So I mostly aim to complete dev work! I'm currently working on the PvP-side of things, trying to balance out some existing content, add in some new- and create a way for players to want to partake in PvP more!

I'd recommend new players to try to max their account. It can feel a bit like a long shot, and can take some decent hours, but certainly gets you familiar and prepared for the bigger and badder bosses. Shortterm? I'm always a fan of the Godwars dungeon. Head in there with a friend, or join a clan like Monys suggested. I have had so much fun in there.

Thanks for your contagious happiness, Prush ;)
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:06 pm

I agree as well man, I think people just need to spend more time on it and there needs to be some sort of incentive to post on here.
With alternatives like discord or mattermost though there are increasingly fewer reasons to turn to the forums, not to mention that if you're new to the RSPS scene you may not be as used to relying on forums for communication.

There's also the question of how much we are willing to allow for drama. Forums are always active when people stir the pot, but over the years we've definitely strengthened our grip on such things. Whether or not we want to open Pandora's box and loosen that grip is a mystery. But it is certainly one way to make them more active :P

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Patel wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:06 pm I agree as well man, I think people just need to spend more time on it and there needs to be some sort of incentive to post on here.
With alternatives like discord or mattermost though there are increasingly fewer reasons to turn to the forums, not to mention that if you're new to the RSPS scene you may not be as used to relying on forums for communication.

There's also the question of how much we are willing to allow for drama. Forums are always active when people stir the pot, but over the years we've definitely strengthened our grip on such things. Whether or not we want to open Pandora's box and loosen that grip is a mystery. But it is certainly one way to make them more active :P
Quarantaine made me open forums again and im unsure wether or not i believe my eyes when i glance at this signature. What happened

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:11 pm

Pim wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:51 pm
Patel wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:06 pm I agree as well man, I think people just need to spend more time on it and there needs to be some sort of incentive to post on here.

Quarantaine made me open forums again and im unsure wether or not i believe my eyes when i glance at this signature. What happened
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=79472
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 am

Thoby wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:12 pm I really do agree; I wish the forums would be more active. I try to post as much and stir up some healthy discussion once in a while; but overall not a lot of players venture to the forums. Not too sure why they don't. Nonetheless; this is a good time to start!

I personally don't really have ingame goals. If I set them, I get sidetracked from doing development work a whole bunch, which slows down update releases. So I mostly aim to complete dev work! I'm currently working on the PvP-side of things, trying to balance out some existing content, add in some new- and create a way for players to want to partake in PvP more!

I'd recommend new players to try to max their account. It can feel a bit like a long shot, and can take some decent hours, but certainly gets you familiar and prepared for the bigger and badder bosses. Shortterm? I'm always a fan of the Godwars dungeon. Head in there with a friend, or join a clan like Monys suggested. I have had so much fun in there.

Honestly giving people like small rewards for spending time and discussing along with others on the forums might help.
Just like the ::vote rewards maybe something for ::forums.
Idk, just a thought

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:46 am

Everyone's boycotting until juntow is unbanned.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Prush
Rookie

Post by Prush » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 am

Thierryu1 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 am
Thoby wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:12 pm I really do agree; I wish the forums would be more active. I try to post as much and stir up some healthy discussion once in a while; but overall not a lot of players venture to the forums. Not too sure why they don't. Nonetheless; this is a good time to start!

Honestly giving people like small rewards for spending time and discussing along with others on the forums might help.
Just like the ::vote rewards maybe something for ::forums.
Idk, just a thought
I see where you’re going, but at the same time this would just add unnecessary amounts of “Great job!” “Nice post!” “I agree”. Spam and ‘fake’ conversations would take over the forum and we’d all just look like robots.

I think as mentioned Discord really has taken over the whole forum idea, but I still doubt it completely takes away from it. People can make their own threads, discussion topics or guides and get direct feedback and build a reputation for themselves through the forum. It’s topics like the one I’ve created to get people talking, we just need more people to do it!

Thanks for the love guys!