who keeps deleting my threads

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Kylo ren
Honor Player

Re: who keeps deleting my threads

Post by Kylo ren » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:24 am

Monys wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm Mods are scumbags and archive posts all the time...
Yes because them carrying out the duties that they are required to perform makes them scumbags.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:39 am

Kylo ren wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:24 am
Monys wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm Mods are scumbags and archive posts all the time...
Yes because them carrying out the duties that they are required to perform makes them scumbags.
It was a joke........... But yes they are scumbags! I agree!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:52 am

nothing more iconic than kylo ren and his inability to sense a joke

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:13 am

Treehugger wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:52 am
nothing more iconic than kylo ren and his inability to sense a joke
Monys wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:39 am
It was a joke........... But yes they are scumbags! I agree!
#Sarcasm

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:31 am

Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:42 am
The underdog wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:19 am Still a major flaw of the forums, the complete lack of transparency when it comes to your posts and threads being deleted.

Mods should send you a message or there should be an automated message saying your post was deleted. If I typed some essay or some bs it doesn't matter but I don't expect my opinion to be sneakily erased for example.

Don't care for ur thread itself though.
Except he's literally been told by myself and 3 other mods to stop shit posting about how "autistic 026 is"..

Don't play it off as a lack of transparency, it's just him ignoring the warnings of mods and the staff manager. That's why his threads are being deleted.
I mean he has a point if you look outside of just the OP acting like an idiot. Sometimes a post gets deleted and you're usually not notified of it. Idk what some people do but I personally then think I have some bad case of dementia and forgot to post, which results in me posting something that is 99% the same compared to what the original post (which was deleted) was. Doesn't help that I sometimes actually do forget posting or have something written but not submitted yet. Don't think it's particularly fair to give people a warning for posting the same thing that breaks the rules for the 2nd time if they're not even notified about their post breaking the rules & being removed to begin with.

I believe he's got a fair point about the forums in general, even if it's not completely relevant to the topic. (But for all he knew, it could be.) Are you sure it's not you trying to play this off as Mark being a mong to avoid this discussion? :badjokeeel:

Again, it doesn't have anything to do with the idiot shitposting about his perm mute and 026, but it's something I've always found weird. I'm almost certain mods are actually able to leave behind a reason for deletion that the author can read. Would be nice to see this happening in most cases (obviously if someone posts some vulgar or extremely offensive shit yea, no need, but that doesn't really happen so often on the forums)

Ryan
Staff Manager

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:51 am

Lieven wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:31 am
Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:42 am
The underdog wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:19 am Still a major flaw of the forums, the complete lack of transparency when it comes to your posts and threads being deleted.

Mods should send you a message or there should be an automated message saying your post was deleted. If I typed some essay or some bs it doesn't matter but I don't expect my opinion to be sneakily erased for example.

Don't care for ur thread itself though.
Except he's literally been told by myself and 3 other mods to stop shit posting about how "autistic 026 is"..

Don't play it off as a lack of transparency, it's just him ignoring the warnings of mods and the staff manager. That's why his threads are being deleted.
I mean he has a point if you look outside of just the OP acting like an idiot. Sometimes a post gets deleted and you're usually not notified of it. Idk what some people do but I personally then think I have some bad case of dementia and forgot to post, which results in me posting something that is 99% the same compared to what the original post (which was deleted) was. Doesn't help that I sometimes actually do forget posting or have something written but not submitted yet. Don't think it's particularly fair to give people a warning for posting the same thing that breaks the rules for the 2nd time if they're not even notified about their post breaking the rules & being removed to begin with.

I believe he's got a fair point about the forums in general, even if it's not completely relevant to the topic. (But for all he knew, it could be.) Are you sure it's not you trying to play this off as Mark being a mong to avoid this discussion? :badjokeeel:

Again, it doesn't have anything to do with the idiot shitposting about his perm mute and 026, but it's something I've always found weird. I'm almost certain mods are actually able to leave behind a reason for deletion that the author can read. Would be nice to see this happening in most cases (obviously if someone posts some vulgar or extremely offensive shit yea, no need, but that doesn't really happen so often on the forums)
Okay.. so filtering through all the unnecessary stuff in that paragraph, you're saying mods delete posts without notifying people? If so, that is a discussion that should be had with me personally, not on a topic like this.

Also, it happens far less then anyone says it does judging by the forum moderation logs, with the exception of this dudes spam topics, posts are rarely deleted.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:26 am

Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:51 am
Okay.. so filtering through all the unnecessary stuff in that paragraph, you're saying mods delete posts without notifying people? If so, that is a discussion that should be had with me personally, not on a topic like this.

Also, it happens far less then anyone says it does judging by the forum moderation logs, with the exception of this dudes spam topics, posts are rarely deleted.
Yes, and so did Mark. Considering you didn't really understand Marks short message I decided to flesh the response out.
Also, are we going to do the bullshit bureaucracy route by having to make an entirely different thread or even doing the polar opposite of being transparent and discussing it in private? Why cant it be done now? Why not in public? It's not like you'd be telling me some juicy secret and making a statement on it would also prevent further confusion and you wouldn't have to repeat yourself to others also PMing you. Also, the threads title is rather fitting for this discussion, and it's not as if we're interrupting another discussion since the dude said he was quitting anyways lol

It's also not about the frequency of the posts being deleted, in fact I think it's even worse that with such a low frequency of posts being deleted that there aren't any reasons given. It'd be far more understandable if every mod had to delete 10 a day and simply didn't have the time to give a reason. Now it's a rare occurrence that will most likely confuse people or cause people to break rules again because they didn't know their removed post was breaking a rule

Btw no matter what anyone says or does, if there isn't a reasoning provided (at least to the OP) then people will always think it's happening way more than it actually is. Isn't that the reason why transparency is so important in the first place?

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 am

I don't understand why there is any sort of debate or questioning that is occurring on this thread.

This is literally how I've interpreted this entire thread:

- Poster inquired about why his posts are being deleted.
- Staff Member gives an answer.
- Bunch of random Spam.
- Question about the transparency of Forum Post Deletion.
- Response from Ryan, basically stating that if someone is deleting posts without giving any sort of notification, he will address it.
- More unnecessary responses about the Transparency of the Staff Team with Forum Post Deletion.

Ryan already said that he would address it. Further discussion is unnecessary.

/LockThread

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:28 pm

Monys wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm Mods are scumbags
agree.. they are corrupt and abuse power by enforcing the rules

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 am

Kylo ren wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 am I don't understand why there is any sort of debate or questioning that is occurring on this thread.

This is literally how I've interpreted this entire thread:

- Poster inquired about why his posts are being deleted.
- Staff Member gives an answer.
- Bunch of random Spam.
- Question about the transparency of Forum Post Deletion.
- Response from Ryan, basically stating that if someone is deleting posts without giving any sort of notification, he will address it.
- More unnecessary responses about the Transparency of the Staff Team with Forum Post Deletion.

Ryan already said that he would address it. Further discussion is unnecessary.

/LockThread
Ty best mod