hacked over a year ago

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
E l y
Premium Donator

hacked over a year ago

Post by E l y » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 am

So I recently just relogged back on to my ironman account, ironiron. I hadn't played in over a year because I was hacked and was never refunded. Was just curious how the guy that hacked me has already been unbanned without my refund even being looked at?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: hacked over a year ago

Post by Iron adam » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 am

wow thats crazy. he shouldnt be unbanned until all your wealth gets recovered imo. that wouldnt be very fair.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 am

I doubt your refund would've been ignored after a year of actually existing. I bet it got denied because nothing could be refunded (As in, they wont flood the eco by spawning in items just because people got hacked. They trace and refund whatever that can be refunded without taking it from innocent players). If it did get denied, then that's that. Check again to be sure. The hacker getting unbanned is kind of unrelated but definitely something to raise an eyebrow for. Small time RWTers are banned for life while the biggest got unbanned (but rebanned) not too long ago. Welcome to PKH :)

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:45 am

Lieven wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 am Small time RWTers are banned for life while the biggest got unbanned (but rebanned) not too long ago. Welcome to PKH :)
It's not often Lieven starts spitting facts but he really do be spitting facts right now.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

E l y
Premium Donator

Post by E l y » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Lieven wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 am I doubt your refund would've been ignored after a year of actually existing. I bet it got denied because nothing could be refunded (As in, they wont flood the eco by spawning in items just because people got hacked. They trace and refund whatever that can be refunded without taking it from innocent players). If it did get denied, then that's that. Check again to be sure. The hacker getting unbanned is kind of unrelated but definitely something to raise an eyebrow for. Small time RWTers are banned for life while the biggest got unbanned (but rebanned) not too long ago. Welcome to PKH :)
I’m an Ironman

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:35 pm

E l y wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:34 pm
Lieven wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 am I doubt your refund would've been ignored after a year of actually existing. I bet it got denied because nothing could be refunded (As in, they wont flood the eco by spawning in items just because people got hacked. They trace and refund whatever that can be refunded without taking it from innocent players). If it did get denied, then that's that. Check again to be sure. The hacker getting unbanned is kind of unrelated but definitely something to raise an eyebrow for. Small time RWTers are banned for life while the biggest got unbanned (but rebanned) not too long ago. Welcome to PKH :)
I’m an Ironman
So?

E l y
Premium Donator

Post by E l y » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Lieven wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:35 pm
I’m an Ironman
So?
How would eco get flooded with items, I can’t trade

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 pm

E l y wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm
Lieven wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:35 pm
I’m an Ironman
So?
How would eco get flooded with items, I can’t trade
You can die in wild with those spawned items and "flood" the eco like that. The items are still being created out of thin air compared how they are usually obtained. Just your refund obviously wouldn't flood the eco, but all future and past refunds combined handled this way would. Other than that Irons don't deserve a better refund policy than normal players because they choose to play the game differently. The same rules and guidelines apply to everyone.

Btw even getting refunded from a hack is something an extremely small percentages of all games and genres since 99.9% of the time getting hacked is your own fault in the end, you'll get help getting access to your account again but there's no way time and resources are spent on refunding. So PKH is at least better than those, but it cant be perfect since you gotta be realistic with this.

Out of many potential outcomes, got the shitty outcome, but still the correct one. Too bad the items or cash couldn't be tracked down, that would've been preferrable. Learn from the mistake of bringing yourself in a position to be hacked and move on.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Your refund is currently being investigated and the reasons for why your hacker was unbanned will be explained to you after the investigation is completed. I see no reason to keep this topic open as only staff members are in a position to tell you what is happening.