Server turnaround

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Raj
Developer

Server turnaround

Post by Raj » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:56 am

I just wanna say that every time I do ::players these days I'm usually surprised in a good way and that the massive difference from when there would've been max 80 people on at peak to now where 80 is fairly low is kind of impressive so nice job all, especially those Mike and Rapsey and Thoby guys because the dev work has been drastically better from like 2018, but there's also all the people like Matt and Ryan and their corrupt staff team who just silently do their thing every day, and even normal players who make up an entertaining community. And especially all the people who add information and insights in all kinds of discussions like the Connor's and Tom Brady's who get a ton of crap but are helping out more than the average player which is all you can ask for really. As I'm writing this it's midnight EST with 120 people still on and I suppose that's not a lot but that's triple where we would've been at a few months ago which is a lot

Overall if you're reading this you most likely helped fix the thing so nice one guys

Lykos
Premium Donator

Re: Server turnaround

Post by Lykos » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 am

I used to wake up around 4am (PST) in the morning to anywhere from 30 to 50 players on. I'd use this time farm KBD (for pet) since the wild was empty. I'd do this for an hour or two until Nazuths would log in and just sit in an empty wild. It hurt to tele home and see just how empty it was, not even any afk sitters. Fast forward to now, it brings a smile to my face every time I type ::players.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:50 am

Wholesome
I like

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:02 am

Happiness

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Thoby is the prime example of what it will take to save PkHonor. His work is high quality and consistent. His attention to detail is second to none. Everyone who wants to help the server should follow his example in whatever they do.
Keep voting, keep reporting bugs, keep suggesting ideas. Help people every day and build up your clans so people will stay.

Praise Thoby

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:58 pm Thoby is the prime example of what it will take to save PkHonor. His work is high quality and consistent. His attention to detail is second to none. Everyone who wants to help the server should follow his example in whatever they do.
Keep voting, keep reporting bugs, keep suggesting ideas. Help people every day and build up your clans so people will stay.

Praise Thoby
Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I try my best, and I honestly love seeing the playerbase enjoy the game we build together.

Like many of you reading this, I really want what's best for the server. I think it's safe to say that we wouldn't still be here without the amazing input, feedback and consistency of you guys, and I'm so glad that the server managed to restore some of its former glory. A few months ago times looked quite grim, and our player counts were low. Fast forward a few months, and we're rockin' 2-3 times the amount of players, actively participating in the community.

I can't really pin-point exactly what changed it (a big part might've been because of the Theatre), but I'm sure as hell that we should continue on this path.

Thanks for the wholesome post. Quite refreshing, compared to the threads that were popping up a few months ago.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:07 pm

Yesterday we had over 180 players online. That's just brilliant stuff.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:02 pm

God I love Thoby and Mike

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Jousi wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:07 pm Yesterday we had over 180 players online. That's just brilliant stuff.
On that day we peaked at 184 according to our records. Yesterday we peaked at 194, that's the highest we've seen in a year. Fingers crossed for 200+ next weekend. :)

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:30 pm

Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:54 pm
Jousi wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:07 pm Yesterday we had over 180 players online. That's just brilliant stuff.
On that day we peaked at 184 according to our records. Yesterday we peaked at 194, that's the highest we've seen in a year. Fingers crossed for 200+ next weekend. :)
Big moves for PkHonor :D

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor