Fair or Unfair

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Re: Fair or Unfair

Post by The underdog » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:08 pm

Shut up jackass, u were fully aware of the situation and god knows how many pkp kings v2 bigbrains got saved by staff from that stupid log in the past or even refunded when they died. Crying about ragging while you are the number one annoying ragger on this game, give me a break. They're literally stuck forever on that log with you ragging their ass having the time to be there round the clock and without the glitch they would have been gone from that spot right from the beginning in the first place. Staff shouldn't have teleported them out of there regardless but this pathetic post of you is beyond garbage, you are willing to go for every exploit but whenever something happens to you it's suddenly not ok anymore. pff.

You are not ever complaining about these bugs because you choose to profit from them instead, so don't make such a pathetic thread either when it doesn't go your way.
DEAL WITH IT.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm 3 - I had gotten the log out and would have easily waited until the day after (today) to log back on to get the ::home teleport but Patel inquired over yell what was happening when you continually baited me and my CC over yell.
This is true and something I had forgotten to mention - @Ensignor did NOT have the Pk. Will was already logged out, and only logged back in because a) I acknowledged that it was a glitch, and b) teleported there, and kindly asked everyone not to attack him when he logged back in.

So for that I can take responsibility (but I'd hardly call it "fault").

I understand he could've just waited a day and left, but then I suppose this entire glitch would've just gone forgotten and unfixed.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm There are some flaws in this story you had written,

1 - about 30 seconds into me being stuck on the log you became my BH target and ran into agility course which you stood there for maybe 30 seconds prior to attacking me when I had already made you aware I was stuck in a bugged state that I COULD NOT move. Only after this is when you attacked me.

2 - I had pot master with me we were both fully geared and u wouldn’t have attacked me and put yourself into a 2v1 situation if it was a “fair fight”.

3 - I had gotten the log out and would have easily waited until the day after (today) to log back on to get the ::home teleport but Patel inquired over yell what was happening when you continually baited me and my CC over yell.

4 - you took advantage of a situation and killed numero fouro when the CC’s 2 best NHER’s were stuck in a bug and being ragged.

5 - you were in agility course with your alt suxal within 20 seconds of attacking me the original time before your friend came.

6 - I came on my alt to PJ your alt off my CC so you couldn’t get the TB.

7 - it is completely unfair to try and take advantage of a situation when someone is near helpless and had absolutely no way of escaping as ::home doesn’t work when you’re being attacked.

You speak on this bug and claim that you’re somehow the victim but I recall several threads of you trying to get @Thacommunity aka E V 0 V banned for using the agility shortcut in wild when he was TB’d. You absolutely raged then for him taking advantage of a known bug but when you take advantage of a known bug somehow you become the victim?

Hopefully @Thoby can implement a bug fix for this in the next update & it’ll never be an issue again.

@Patel i don’t think he would make an argument if it was just a random, he has hurt feelings because I planked him deep wild last week when he was TRYING to pk a member of my CC.
yeah no one really cares

Ensignor
Premium Donator

Post by Ensignor » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm1 - about 30 seconds into me being stuck on the log you became my BH target and ran into agility course which you stood there for maybe 30 seconds prior to attacking me when I had already made you aware I was stuck in a bugged state that I COULD NOT move. Only after this is when you attacked me.
OK i attacked you in the wild. lol
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm2 - I had pot master with me we were both fully geared and u wouldn’t have attacked me and put yourself into a 2v1 situation if it was a “fair fight”.
You don't know how many 2v1 situations i put myself in and come out as victor. Ask around.
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm3 - I had gotten the log out and would have easily waited until the day after (today) to log back on to get the ::home teleport but Patel inquired over yell what was happening when you continually baited me and my CC over yell.
Your fault for logging back in over Patels confusion
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm4 - you took advantage of a situation and killed numero fouro when the CC’s 2 best NHER’s were stuck in a bug and being ragged.
Ok i pked someone in the wild. lol
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm5 - you were in agility course with your alt suxal within 20 seconds of attacking me the original time before your friend came.
I logged onto suxal after I chased Numero fouro down near mage bank. False.
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm6 - I came on my alt to PJ your alt off my CC so you couldn’t get the TB.
Ok nice.
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm7 - it is completely unfair to try and take advantage of a situation when someone is near helpless and had absolutely no way of escaping as ::home doesn’t work when you’re being attacked.
SO like you killing a pvmer in the wild? You weren't helpless.. you were surrounded by your cc mates.
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pmYou speak on this bug and claim that you’re somehow the victim but I recall several threads of you trying to get @Thacommunity aka E V 0 V banned for using the agility shortcut in wild when he was TB’d. You absolutely raged then for him taking advantage of a known bug but when you take advantage of a known bug somehow you become the victim?
Hardly took advantage of this "bug" it had no effect on your PKing as you could easily pk me back but ok. EV0V abused that bug day and night to escape. I'm not here playing the victim card, I'm just stating what happened yesterday.
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm@Patel i don’t think he would make an argument if it was just a random, he has hurt feelings because I planked him deep wild last week when he was TRYING to pk a member of my CC.
If the random had 10B worth of loot and was teled out by Patel yes I would be make just as much of a fuss..
The underdog wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:08 pm Shut up jackass, u were fully aware of the situation and god knows how many pkp kings v2 bigbrains got saved by staff from that stupid log in the past or even refunded when they died. Crying about ragging while you are the number one annoying ragger on this game, give me a break. They're literally stuck forever on that log with you ragging their ass having the time to be there round the clock and without the glitch they would have been gone from that spot right from the beginning in the first place. Staff shouldn't have teleported them out of there regardless but this pathetic post of you is beyond garbage, you are willing to go for every exploit but whenever something happens to you it's suddenly not ok anymore. pff.

You are not ever complaining about these bugs because you choose to profit from them instead, so don't make such a pathetic thread either when it doesn't go your way.
DEAL WITH IT.

All i see is salt spewing out lol. I made this post because will be ok called me out on the other post.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:08 am

It could be argued that it is unfair towards everyone else who got stuck & killed that Patel or any other staff member didn't come to save them.

You could even argue that it's because [individual] PMed or yelled, they got a faster response time.

Then again, it's a bug and it could be even seen as bug abusing because the person killing the other person could've "lured" them into that spot, which is also unfair. From that perspective, Patel teleporting him out is definitely the fair thing to do.

It's a matter of how you look at this and most likely also a matter of who Ensignor is to you and who Will Be Ok is to you.

I personally think that it's fair to do if no other staff was online. If there was, welp, I think that's (ab)using the "faster response time" along with knowing that Patel has pretty much nobody to answer to and isn't up to date on guidelines, current staff affairs/views and what not. Because in the end, no matter what side you're on, it's definitely not a big deal at all as, again, Patel has to answer to no one and his advisor rank or powers sure as hell wont be revoked for "only" this nor will the communties' love/hate for him change. If an actual staff member did this however, Ryan/Matt could talk to them and correct the "mistake". But that's already nitpicking on technicalities.

Edit: I do agree that Will Be Ok could (and should) have waited it out if he was able to log off, but we shouldn't force players to be locked out of their account or lose wealth because the Wildy Agility Course code could be served with tomato sauce because it's spaghetti
Last edited by Fungamer on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:09 am

You were clearly notified prior to you attacking me that I was in a bugged out spot and was unable to move or fairly fight, I would not avoid you in any other situation other then me being unable to fight back fairly, you know for a fact that it was taking advantage of a bug. between mage + range attacks their is no KO potential, you’re well aware ::home is a 2 minute timer, you would be perfectly capable of attacking me between your main and alts until I was fully out. It’s a shame you sunk to such a low level to try and abuse a bug for a pk. Ontop of that play the victim card like you were cheated out of 10B which you didn’t deserve at all. You’re replies to my last post are senseless and you know that you trying to rag me while I’m unable to fight back is bug abuse.

Ensignor
Premium Donator

Post by Ensignor » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:33 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:09 am You were clearly notified prior to you attacking me that I was in a bugged out spot and was unable to move or fairly fight, I would not avoid you in any other situation other then me being unable to fight back fairly, you know for a fact that it was taking advantage of a bug. between mage + range attacks their is no KO potential, you’re well aware ::home is a 2 minute timer, you would be perfectly capable of attacking me between your main and alts until I was fully out. It’s a shame you sunk to such a low level to try and abuse a bug for a pk. Ontop of that play the victim card like you were cheated out of 10B which you didn’t deserve at all. You’re replies to my last post are senseless and you know that you trying to rag me while I’m unable to fight back is bug abuse.
What don't you get about you can fight me back? LOL its not like osrs where you move around trees and stuff, it doesnt work like t hat on here. as for KO potiential i had no KO potiential to you either. Besides all this I know for a fact you'd avoid me in the wild LOL.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:09 am

You could even argue that it's because [individual] PMed or yelled, they got a faster response time.

Better yet @Lieven, in that vein he'd honestly have had a stronger argument if he'd gone with "Will purposefully used the log to get a chance to kill me while having a safe exit out". This is why I'm convinced Ensignor isn't concerned about anything other than the chance to pk 10b - there's no conception of the big picture here or anyone else. The code is broken and it needs to be fixed

At the end of the day though id do it again, staff member or not. If we'd let it go then there's no guarantee any developer would've heard about it.

But now it's a big deal and I reckon it can be fixed

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:05 pm

I've had a read and my opinion is this. The bug exists and that is nobody's fault. Do I think in this particular situation that Patel should have acted for Will? No. Will could have just waited a few hours to avoid Ensignor seeing as he got the log out initially. To me, it looks like Will used Patel to get out of the situation and that's the thing I have a problem with in this scenario. There's fault on both sides. Firstly, Will thinking that Patel would do this for him whilst he is actively under attack. Secondly, Patel thinking it was a good idea to do this and basically take a high value kill away from another player.

So, I'd say let bygones be bygones on this particular situation BUT it should be noted that in the future, if you get yourself stuck on that log, staff WILL NOT act to save you. Simply bring an alt to PJ the aggressor(s), log out, and speak to a member of staff. I think if someone waits for hours and hours for you to log back in and you do and they catch you again, then that's absolutely fine. It's a fair kill. Although, I don't know many players that would do that just for a 10b kill.

The best way to deal with this kind of situation is to resolve it in a manner which affects the least amount of people. I get that it's frustrating and honestly I'd rather just see this bug fixed as I myself have died to it multiple times. However, in the mean time, going forwards staff should not act in this situation in the future and players in the wilderness should just be careful in the mean time to avoid this bug, or avoid that log altogether.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:09 pm

So, I'd say let bygones be bygones on this particular situation BUT it should be noted that in the future, if you get yourself stuck on that log, staff WILL NOT act to save you. Simply bring an alt to PJ the aggressor(s), log out, and speak to a member of staff.
The only reason I disagree with this is because it fixes a symptom without addressing a larger problem. If there's a glitch then I can't rationalize anyone with power refusing to act in the game's best interests - ideas like pking or trading or a lack of staff intervention are superceded by the game's integrity, peoples intentions notwithstanding