Fair or Unfair

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Hair pie
Premium Donator

Re: Fair or Unfair

Post by Hair pie » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:11 pm

I honestly cant believe this is a debate. Patel should not have interfered plain and simple... ::home is there for that exact reason. Log out and play an alt for 30 minutes then ::home when u log back in

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Isaac wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:05 pm I've had a read and my opinion is this. The bug exists and that is nobody's fault. Do I think in this particular situation that Patel should have acted for Will? No. Will could have just waited a few hours to avoid Ensignor seeing as he got the log out initially. To me, it looks like Will used Patel to get out of the situation and that's the thing I have a problem with in this scenario. There's fault on both sides. Firstly, Will thinking that Patel would do this for him whilst he is actively under attack. Secondly, Patel thinking it was a good idea to do this and basically take a high value kill away from another player.

So, I'd say let bygones be bygones on this particular situation BUT it should be noted that in the future, if you get yourself stuck on that log, staff WILL NOT act to save you. Simply bring an alt to PJ the aggressor(s), log out, and speak to a member of staff. I think if someone waits for hours and hours for you to log back in and you do and they catch you again, then that's absolutely fine. It's a fair kill. Although, I don't know many players that would do that just for a 10b kill.

The best way to deal with this kind of situation is to resolve it in a manner which affects the least amount of people. I get that it's frustrating and honestly I'd rather just see this bug fixed as I myself have died to it multiple times. However, in the mean time, going forwards staff should not act in this situation in the future and players in the wilderness should just be careful in the mean time to avoid this bug, or avoid that log altogether.
I had no intentions of asking any staff for help, it was going on nearly midnight, I had logged out and was already about to go to sleep. It wasn’t until ensignor continuously baited me and my CC on yell when Patel yelled “what’s the problem here” that I pm’d him to let him know that I was logged out in wild being camped by ensignor + fkpjers + alts and asked him to come see. People have been refunded previously from dying to this bug so I’m not sure exactly how anyone can respectfully say that you should just take the L?

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Should have just gone to bed and avoid all this drama, obviously (or so I hope) you know that Ensignor was not gonna be happy with it.

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:56 pm

I think it's very important to understand that both sides are at fault here. If you fail to see that, then there will never be a resolution.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Patel wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:09 pm The only reason I disagree with this is because it fixes a symptom without addressing a larger problem. If there's a glitch then I can't rationalize anyone with power refusing to act in the game's best interests - ideas like pking or trading or a lack of staff intervention are superceded by the game's integrity, peoples intentions notwithstanding
Come on Patel not everything has to be an existential point. If Will (or anyone) got PKed for 10b the game's integrity would keep on rolling along.
Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:28 pmI had no intentions of asking any staff for help, it was going on nearly midnight, I had logged out and was already about to go to sleep. It wasn’t until ensignor continuously baited me and my CC on yell when Patel yelled “what’s the problem here” that I pm’d him to let him know that I was logged out in wild being camped by ensignor + fkpjers + alts and asked him to come see. People have been refunded previously from dying to this bug so I’m not sure exactly how anyone can respectfully say that you should just take the L?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I mean, you got out of losing 10b from what was, in my opinion, a legitimate situation to end up in. One I've ended up in before and been grown up enough to think 'well that was shit I'll post a glitch report and be done with it.' The fact that you have some internet beef with Ensignor is the only reason this thread came to the forums.

Zvrc
Known Venturer

Post by Zvrc » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:40 pm

If thats the case drop my boy ensignor about 100b for the times Underdogs would purposely run through the course and try to catch a barrage on me. Will be ok used to “abuse” the same bug but when the odds arent in his favor he deicdes to bitch about it? Nah pay my mans.

V2 josh
One Hit Wonder

Post by V2 josh » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Zvrc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:40 pm If thats the case drop my boy ensignor about 100b for the times Underdogs would purposely run through the course and try to catch a barrage on me. Will be ok used to “abuse” the same bug but when the odds arent in his favor he deicdes to bitch about it? Nah pay my mans.
I've had this happen several times to me @getting glitched into the log and only one time I've had staff tele me out because my entire client nulled and even xlogging wouldn't logout my main. Every time after that I've not had any problems typing ::home and waiting the 2 minutes to be teled out. So I mean if you're going to be ballsy and risk 10b then don't sit there and be in a panic because you've had no alternative but to involve my good hearted person as Patel to save you at the end of the day. Was he right to interfere? In some alternate reality maybe, but that's literally a risk you take when you tele into the wilderness no matter where it's at. The glitch has been around for years and is caused by either teleing to a Target crossing the log or trying to spam attack someone (out of desperation for a pvmer kill) while crossing said log. I feel that Ensignor got jipped out of a free 10b and anybody trying to secure that much would be irate. Myself included

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Zvrc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:40 pm If thats the case drop my boy ensignor about 100b for the times Underdogs would purposely run through the course and try to catch a barrage on me. Will be ok used to “abuse” the same bug but when the odds arent in his favor he deicdes to bitch about it? Nah pay my mans.

When did I ever abuse this bug??? I only found out about this bug maybe 2 months agoe when it happend to me the first time and DJ church tele’d me out of it when I was NOT being attacked.
A lot of allegations from someone who is currently IP Banned but still plays.

Ensignor
Premium Donator

Post by Ensignor » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Patel wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:09 am
You could even argue that it's because [individual] PMed or yelled, they got a faster response time.

Better yet @Lieven, in that vein he'd honestly have had a stronger argument if he'd gone with "Will purposefully used the log to get a chance to kill me while having a safe exit out". This is why I'm convinced Ensignor isn't concerned about anything other than the chance to pk 10b - there's no conception of the big picture here or anyone else. The code is broken and it needs to be fixed

At the end of the day though id do it again, staff member or not. If we'd let it go then there's no guarantee any developer would've heard about it.

But now it's a big deal and I reckon it can be fixed
Oh boy, If its these kinds of posts that requires the attention of the developer to change glitches/bugs in the wild then I think we have a bigger issue at hand.

Ofc I only care about the money at this point and not more about the bug because the bug has been there for years and posted about atleast 3 times prior and nothing still been done. No disrespect to MIke and his work but the wild is glitched/bugged in many parts as someone mentioned earlier and I'm sorry to say but most pkers that still pk just have learned to work around it and adjust to it.

It baffles me that you fail to see that being stuck on the log had no interference with his pking abilities and he could've just attacked me back. I'd fully understand you teleing out a pvmer getting stuck on the log because he's just a sitting duck out there waiting to be hunted, but then again that scenario is next to impossible as only pkers land on that spot.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:28 pm

I think this thread should be L&A, there is maybe 1-2 people who have an unbiased opinion on this, ofcourse my friends will support my argument that this is a bug and it was fair for Patel to tele me home. Also biased views from ensignor’s friends saying that nobody should have gotten in the middle & I shouldn’t have been tele’d home.

With this being said, can everyone recognize the fact that Regardless of Patel tele’ing me home ensignor would NOT have gotten the kill, I was already on my way to bed and would have ensured the next day I was surrounded by my CC and my alts to make sure I didn’t get pk’d when I did ::home. Because I was already logged out and the only reason why I logged back in is because Patel told me to so he could teleport me home. (Which I agree with)

Not even a week agoe I got teamed outside KBD and got the logout and waited until the day after to log back on.

Final conclusion is this bug should just be fixed.. Like ensignor said will all due respect to Mike and the other dev’s these wildly bug’s should be fixed long before things like this happen, or maybe the first time that staff had to tele someone home, or the first time staff refunded someone for this BUG.