Accuracy

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Accuracy

Post by The underdog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 pm

I don't want to complain about every random thing, but when it's almost game breaking I do think I should adress it. I didn't play since beginning of 2019 and just came back when I noticed people in mi wild again. The state of the combat system when I left was better than it is now, at least I think.

What I think: Accuracy is weird as hell. I am in absolute max possible accuracy (can use warrior ring (i) instead of perfect ring as only improvement) and I'm hitting 0s and 0s on a guy without armor. Now I know he has 99 defence and a glory amulet. But I'm in gear that has a street value of over 300b. Theoretical max accuracy, not strength but accuracy. I am aware of the accuracy update across the board. But the problem is fundamental in the calculations, I think. Can't we steal some calculations from another place?

Second, what made me make this thread. I'm in absolute bonkers mage gear and the splashing rates are just unreal. Also in edge brid I catch my opponent on damn heavy negative magic bonus in his melee gear. SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH over 50% splashed unbelievable. This wasn't as bad when I played in early 2019 so something broke the past year. Maybe brimstone or something magic related? God knows.

Third, I don't use ranged really so w.e.

Problem is, I don't have recent osrs pking experience. What do the people that do play osrs think of the accuracy on pkhonor? And the pkers in general.
I am a defensive pker playing on the counter so I benefit from weak hits but god this is so bad it's unreal. Share thoughts on pking accuracy.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Accuracy

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 pm

I've always noticed that it barely matters on PKH what negative defence bonusses you have, no matter when (so idk if its really from the most recent update(s))

I'd say, why not share the formulas? Sure sure, sharing code, it's Mike's kryptonite. But I'm sure it would work wonders if they were released and some bigbrained community members could figure out what's wrong with it. It's not like PKH has to safeguard bits and pieces for the code of its combat system. It really isn't something worth being proud of or safeguarding like the other excellent pieces of content.

Could even make a contest out of it. "Fix"/Balance [combat style] and get 10K donor credits. Make it an active event until it's fixed. It clearly takes too much dev time for Mike to fix, so why not swallow some pride and turn to the community

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 pm

I don't want to have it fixed by community balancing, if possible not to have to do so. I'm sure Mike has some connections with other rsps servers to be able to pull some formulas out of them in exchange for perfect pathing code. Or send a mod Jed to infiltrate. Or have the underdog complain every year until the accuracy is so perfect that he gets his ass kicked in pvp with his slow switches.

At least share some insights as to why we're stuck with odd formulas. Because it probably looks easier to fix from the outside than what it really is, but currently no idea if this is the case.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Paid actor
Premium Donator

Post by Paid actor » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Yes

V2 josh
One Hit Wonder

Post by V2 josh » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Yes

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:07 pm

Support.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:47 am

yes i agree it is weird as hell. We need to start from scratch. Use all of the osrs formulas exactly. Then we nerf our gear as necessary.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 am

Iron adam wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:47 am yes i agree it is weird as hell. We need to start from scratch. Use all of the osrs formulas exactly. Then we nerf our gear as necessary.
And the bosses aswell i assume

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 am

Spoiler: show
Combat, Mechanics
Successful hit
EDIT

A successful hit is where during combat an attack overcomes its target's Defence. It is unlikely but possible to produce a 0 as a successful hit.

This can be better explained by considering the following:

For every attack, there are two stages.

Stage 1: Roll the attacker's offensive bonuses against the target's defensive bonuses. If true, proceed to stage 2. If false, produce a 0 (splash for player Magic attacks). This is not a successful hit.
Stage 2: Roll a hit ranging from 0 to the attacker's maximum hit.[1] This is a successful hit, even if a 0 is rolled.
A damaging spell cast by a player that hits a 0 which does not visibly splash is always a successful hit, and if it has additional effects (such as freezing for ice spells or chance to lower the target's Strength if Ahrim's equipment is worn) they will occur as usual.

Some passive effects only occur during successful hits - such as Guthan's and Karil's equipment set effects, as well as the serpentine helm where there is a chance to envenom the target.

The Saradomin godsword's special attack will only replenish the user's Hitpoints and Prayer points on a successful hit; likewise, the Zamorak godsword's special attack will only freeze a target on a successful hit. However, the dragon warhammer's special attack has to deal damage in order to lower the target's Defence level even if a successful hit of 0 is rolled.[2]

The special attacks of the granite hammer, dark bow, magic comp bow, magic longbow and seercull always result in a successful hit.

The Ranged and Magic attacks of the Kalphite Queen will always result in a successful hit.

From the OSRS wiki
From Mod Ash in 2015

The easiest way to think about it, at least in this situation.... is you registered a successful hit, but the DMG roll for that hit was 0... in the case of wearing max accuracy gear.

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm

as someone whos found a sudden interest of avoiding and killing pvmers because im such a toxic pkar man, I can definetly say the splash rate when someone is in full negative mage defence bonus just feels 100% out of whack which makes it just shit

if you splash on someone 3 times there is a 99.9% they are getting away with our "perfect" pathing(.1% if they don't have run) when theyre in potato melee gear such as rune its quite frustrating
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3