Theatre of Blood - Lets discuss

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rgh
Honor Player

Re: Theatre of Blood - Lets discuss

Post by Rgh » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:07 pm
Rgh wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm Give the scythe of vitur an accuracy buff, it can hit hard... like every 1/100 hits. Atm this thing is only bis for killing brutal black dragons, I feel like there should be more reason for this to be ingame rather than it being a flex item due to unholy/vls+avernic defender just outclassing it in pretty much every aspect except its cabability of hitting hard once in a blue moon.
Make it the same as the one on the test server. Done
Didn't use alot on testserver so I wouldn't notice a difference. In addition to what I said, a feature to disable teleporting from ToB would be beneficial. I've seen many people including myself teleport from there while trying to cast a spell or a mere misclick. On 07 you have the crystal to teleport with, maybe add a command for teleporting in circumstances where you need to wipe the raid. Saves altering current teleports and prevents people from leaving 15 minutes into a raid because they misclicked the home tele or tele to house.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 pm

On a serious note, we massively need 2 things. A hp bar of all the bosses in the top left corner and some hitbox fixes. All the current hitboxes for everything are sooooo damn huge for no reason. Pretty sure the current hitboxes are actual squares and not polygonal shapes around the npcs.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 pm On a serious note, we massively need 2 things. A hp bar of all the bosses in the top left corner and some hitbox fixes. All the current hitboxes for everything are sooooo damn huge for no reason. Pretty sure the current hitboxes are actual squares and not polygonal shapes around the npcs.
Xarpis is to smol

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:08 pm

The safe point to attack Versik during phase 2 is when she is clapping her cheeks on your face (the x walk), this shouldn't be the case.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Kenneth wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:06 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 pm On a serious note, we massively need 2 things. A hp bar of all the bosses in the top left corner and some hitbox fixes. All the current hitboxes for everything are sooooo damn huge for no reason. Pretty sure the current hitboxes are actual squares and not polygonal shapes around the npcs.
Xarpis is to smol
Somehow yeah, way too small, missclicking too much there when dodging the poisonous orbs...

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Lmao wtf where is Lumbridge? XD

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:33 am

Nazuths wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:06 pm I think, if anything, Xarpus should be changed, it's doable as I once recorded here, but it is really RNG dependent whether you can manage to finish it (if all DWH specs miss, you're pretty much f'ed). The rest of the Theatre of Blood is perfectly fine to solo.
Like mentioned by Tom, I think it's supposed to be one of the hardest bosses. Nonetheless, we'll be looking into the ranged defence of the Xarpus, and maybe lowering it a tad bit (either just for solo's or overall). Thanks for the feedback!
Tom brady wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:10 pm Other changes: Nylo waves get delayed randomly even when the room cap isn’t reached, Verzik doesn’t always bounce you on P2 if you fuck up, P3 melees do 0 dmg 90% of the time when they should almost always hit 40+, Maiden doesn’t drain stats randomly when she attacks
Good observations. Currently the Nylocus room is based on a timer, which we thought was the way OSRS did it. However, we will look into basing it on the room capacity instead. Players should be able to get better times based on the their efficiency.

Verzik in P2 has a bit weird bouncing mechanics at the moment. What exactly are you referring to? Wrong timing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should stun you if you stand near it when it bounces, correct? I think it currently is just after/before the animation.

Verzik P3 can easily be tweaked to have higher melee accuracy. This is something we shall be testing and tweaking.

For the Maiden, does it lower the melee stats based on offensive equipment bonusses? And does it lower them always, or just randomly/sometimes?

Thanks a bunch for your input Tom, it's really useful to us!!
Respire1337 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:42 pm Can we finally fix prayer switching? Please? I've been begging for this for the past 3 years, nothing done what so ever.
Prayer switching seems fine to me. The only thing is that the Nylocas Vasilis seems to attack JUST after switching. So we might want to make a change there to give an additional tick to switch prayers. Can anyone confirm how it is on OSRS?
Rgh wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm Give the scythe of vitur an accuracy buff, it can hit hard... like every 1/100 hits. Atm this thing is only bis for killing brutal black dragons, I feel like there should be more reason for this to be ingame rather than it being a flex item due to unholy/vls+avernic defender just outclassing it in pretty much every aspect except its cabability of hitting hard once in a blue moon.
I've been looking into this. It is really weird, because if I take into account all weapon bonusses, the weak accuracy has to do something with a bug. I can't figure it why it is this weak otherwise. This is definitely on our todo list though (alongside the correct graphics, like OSRS has them)!
Like I mentioned, this is outside my direct domain (client work, therefore not accessible to us developers). I can look into a temporary solution with showing the % hitpoints in the upper-right menu though, which might cover your first issue. The second issue is something I sadly cannot fix, but you could post a bug report and hopefully Mike will get around to it!
Thierryu1 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:23 pm Lmao wtf where is Lumbridge? XD
What's a Lumbridge?

Thanks a bunch for the input guys!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:25 pm

@Thoby

Maiden has a chance to drain the stats of your highest equipment bonus. It isn't every time

This is why in OSRS you range with a blowpipe while one person tanks, so after 30% red crabs you all switch to 118 scythes which is better dps than blowpipe with Dragon darts.

On Verzik p2, if you are off tick you will 100% get bounced in OSRS. On PkH it seems that it is a chance to be bounced, not 100%
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm
Iron adam wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:47 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:42 pm Can we finally fix prayer switching? Please? I've been begging for this for the past 3 years, nothing done what so ever.
prayer switching is fine. you just have bad ping. mike already said he isnt going to add 1 tick prayer flicking either
30 ping is bad ping? Prayer flicking is flawed, and has been for the past few years. It is really noticeable on Nylocas Vasilis.
Tbh I don't even support adding any high tier bosses if this isn't fixed or added.

It's a bug, yeah. But OSRS became tolerant towards it and made it a viable tactic, even a requirement to do well in some cases. Doesn't matter if all you do is pray melee vs bandos and chug brews but it really limits people willing to go the extra mile.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:07 am

Lieven wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:59 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm
Iron adam wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:47 pm

prayer switching is fine. you just have bad ping. mike already said he isnt going to add 1 tick prayer flicking either
30 ping is bad ping? Prayer flicking is flawed, and has been for the past few years. It is really noticeable on Nylocas Vasilis.
Tbh I don't even support adding any high tier bosses if this isn't fixed or added.

It's a bug, yeah. But OSRS became tolerant towards it and made it a viable tactic, even a requirement to do well in some cases. Doesn't matter if all you do is pray melee vs bandos and chug brews but it really limits people willing to go the extra mile.
Do you mean Prayer flicking? To be honest I think we kind of covered this by adding in insane prayer bonusses (salve amulet and such). Which preserve prayer quite well.

I personally don't mind adding it in, but I'd hate to write in a bug on purpose, especially with the super prayer potions and insane prayer bonusses.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image